+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: garth and sandy , guess i was right on......

garth and sandy , guess i was right on......

. Brooks, what did you ask Santa for this year?
    Garth_Brooks_Live says: I will defer this question to my 7 year old August. In writing their letters to Santa, it's a tradition in our house to ask for something for someone else in the letter. When I peeked at August's letter, her wish was for her dad to bring her mom back to
    Garth_Brooks_Live says: me. When I phoned my dad, I promised if it happens I'll share it with him . well, well, well. for all those people who told me on my last forum that i was nuts, stop writing stuff like this. it`s all coming out now, isn`t it? i guess that all i can say is, " i told you so". but, i`m sure somebody will come up with something to rip this apart to. unfortunately, this is right from garth`s mouth. so, to those of you who critized me for my comment, hate to say it, but, you watch to see what those little girl`s christmas presents are this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    yes, you go garth. merry christmas to you and sandy and the girl`s.

Garth was referring to HIS mom, not the girls's mom. Garth relayed the same story during a TV interview this morning.

ummmmm

wasn't he talkin bout August askin Santa to bring back Garth's MOM to him??? That's why he said if it happens, he'd share with his Dad.

T
    Here's to love on Earth, love that is left behind, the love that you take with you, the love that never leaves. Love really is forever and goes on without end. Peace to all and may we all believe and trust in that power of love. BELIEVE.

August is such a sweety. To think of her daddy like that.

Leanne & Michelle
    Garth Brooks & Stillwater Band

"Bring'em to your town & watch'em burn it down"

---------------------------------------

Go to Dave Gant's site for his CD of hymns:
    www.hymnsofpraise.com

c`mon you guy`s. read it again. august`s wish was for HER DAD, who is garth, to bring back HER MOM, which is sandy. get it right. c`mon. why is it so hard for everybody to realize it may happen? these things happen all the time. cause it`s garth? he`s human too, just like you and me.read it over, and over, till you all get it

thankyou leann and michelle for catching my back. it`s greatly appreciated

As I said, Garth was on TV this morning and relayed the same story. August was referring to her Grandmother. That's why Garth would share with his dad. Also, Taylor asked for happiness for her grandfather since he was all alone.

if that`s what you think, then i guess we`ll all just sit back, and be readin` about it real soon. i guess your also telling us that garth can`t type either? because the way i read it, sandy`s coming home!!!

First of all, Garth wasn't doing his own typing. Secondly, I believe it was a typo! It should have been 'His" not Her".

There was another typo too... The song "When You Come Back To Me Again" was typed "Will You Come Back To Me Again!" Garth didn't type that either... TYPO!..see!

~Ann~

Garth wasn't typing, an MSN person was. I think the person typing just confused the pronouns. If I would post an mpeg of the interview this morning where Garth said HIS mom I would and straighten this all out.

Until then, at least I know the truth.

Simple mistake by the person typing that may not have known that much about the situation to begin with. Nuff said.

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

i think it was so sweet of the girls to think of their grandfather that way. wish it could come true.
    take care,

lil'bit

Oh that is so sweet of Taylor too. Garth has some great girls.

Ckkeys ummm we understand what you are saying and you are right anything is possible but we too think August was talking about her grandma not her mom.

L & M
    Garth Brooks & Stillwater Band

"Bring'em to your town & watch'em burn it down"

---------------------------------------

Go to Dave Gant's site for his CD of hymns:
    www.hymnsofpraise.com

as i said before, somebody will come up with something, and i guess we have to on here, that`s what this is for right? so, i just wanted to post my thoughts, you all do not have to be so rude though, this is a dicussion board. hey, let`s do this: let`s see what happens. you all have your opions, and i have mine. so, let`s all have a wonderful christmas and a very good new year, and we`ll see what happens, ok?
    merry christmas everyone!!!!

well, as i said in the beginning, there will always be someone trying to condradict someone else. because that`s what this is for, right? this is our dicussion board for garth. i mean, there are people replies on here where some people could just kill because of what another person said. i have my opinions, just like everyone has there`s, but there doesn`t have to be that kind of hatred towards posting an opinion on a discussion board. tell you what, you all have a wonderful new year, and a very merry christmas. i hope santa brings every one something they asked for. and we`ll just see what happens with this sometime down the road.
    merry christmas everyone

that was a typo as everyone has said he has relayed the same story in an interview. Garth was not doing his own typing.

ckkeys...

I'm sorry you're upset, but I must be missing something because I don't see anyone being rude or hateful. They just didn't agree with what you interpreted the quote as meaning. Not agreeing isn't being rude or hateful. Please point out where someone said something bad.

PJ heard Garth say the same story with his own voice and was just letting us know what she heard him say. I think that was very helpful since what was typed was very confusing.

I too would love for the story to mean what you think. That would be very sweet and a great ending to the whole story. I've always hoped for a happily ever after ending to all of this... and maybe there will be one ... though maybe it won't be the way we envision it.

Still... the story if very sweet whether it was about Sandy or Colleen.

Kids are just the greatest don't you think?

Merry Christmas to you and yours as well.
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

Hatred??????????? Did I miss something here??????

Yeah, ckkeys, I kept re-reading that line and wondering what it really meant and like you, I hope it happens like it read. That would be the biggest gift the girls could get and of course I guess that would be what all kids would ask for, to have their parent back together. But I decided I was reading into it what I, along with all Garth fans,would love for it to mean.It probably was just a typo but I will hope you are right.
    Merry Christmas to everyone and a Wonderful New year!!!!!!
    Faye
    sr.garthfan

A FAN of THE MAN

Of course we want what Garth and the girls want. To have their moms 'back' for Christmas. And in a way, as we already know, they shall, because Garth has already told us the situation with Colleen and Sandy. Maybe it's getting their dad back they really want.

But you know what part confused me? Where Garth says August wants 'him' to bring 'her' mom back to me. It couldn't mean Sandy back to August right? Not when she's living close by? It's not like she's left her? Maybe in Garth's family, Garth's mom was 'mom' to all? Same with Dad? But why on Christmas would Garth be phoning his dad? Won't he be there with them? Oh rats, I gotta stop thinking like this trying to figure out something that's not up to me anyway! May all our families have a happy Christmas where all our dreams come true! The ones that really matter anyway!

Dale, Mr. Brooks doesn't live with them... and as this happened a little bit ago, it wasn't yet Christmas so he was probably at his own home, which isn't all that far from Garth and the girls. That is why Garth would ring him up and tell him.

I'm forever grabbing the phone and calling the grandparents with the cute stuff our kids do.

One Christmas when Jordan was about 3 she wrote her first letter to Santa with the help of her 3-K teacher. They collected all the letters and then put them on our local rollover tv channel... so the whole town could read the sweet little Santa letters.

There we sat waiting for Jor-Jor's letter to come around... and we saw other letters for Barbies, GI-Joes, PowerRangers, and so on... then comes Jor-Jor's.

"Dear Santa,

Please bring me some applesauce and cereal.

Love Jordan"

Oh geeze.... the whole town must think that we starved our daughter! *lmao* She must of had to write that one before Lunch.

Yeah... I called the Grandparents on that one! *giggles*
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

AWWW... Deb, that's sooo cute. Applesauce and cereal... lol..

Ellie
    Have a Garthriffic Day!
    I AM CANADIAN!

" Oh Canada, our home and native land,
    true patriot love, in all our son's command
    With glowing hearts we see the rise, the true north strong and free, oh Canada, Oh Canada, we stand on guard for thee..."

I don't see anybody being rude here either... We are a happy bunch!!!! ...most of the time...

duhhhhh

The kicker for understanding the whole thing is, to take from "ckkeys" quote "When I peeked at August's letter, her wish was for her dad to bring her mom back to
    Garth_Brooks_Live says: me. When I phoned my dad, I promised if it happens I'll share it with him ."

If Garth would be getting Sandy back, what the heck would he be talking about sharing "her" with his dad. Think of that "ckkeys" he would share his mom with his dad, no reason to share a wife with him. Besides many of us have heard him make the same reference to it in the live interviews like PJ said. He's been doing MANY this week and may do more, so watch for one and maybe you will understand better, but as I said, he WOULDN'T SHARE HIS WIFE???????
    Tricia

Ah little darlin' August -

missing her grandmom so!

Out of the mouths of babes as they say.

Truth be told - we miss those we love and who have loved us so especially at Christmas.

Hawk

Hi!

Okay, you didn't all ask.....but here's my two cents. I did read a tabloid article recently that said Garth did want Sandy back for Christmas. But who does know for sure, only Garth. Besides, it's not our business, anyway.

Personally, I have more than enough puzzles I'm working on right now......I'll leave this one to ya all!
    (LOL)

carol
    wizard2C

-----------------

"Dance!Sing!Fun!2002!"

Aren't ya'll forgetting one important thing? Whether it was a wish for SANDY to come back, or a wish for GARTH's MOM to come back, it was still only a WISH. Doesn't mean it's going to happen, and doesn't mean it's not. It's just a seven-year-old making a Christmas wish.

My husband and I are from NJ originally but as we are a military family we have lived in Texas, Florida, Okinawa Japan, and now Virginia.
    I think that we should just keep all of them in our prayers as they are obviously still greiving for Ms.Colleen and going through a divorce at the same time.
    August is a very loving and insightful child to know that her Grandmom's prescence on earth again would be the greatest gift to all of them.
    My grandma passed about a 2 years ago as well and it always hits me hardest around the holidays. She instilled great love of family and passed on wonderful traditions and recipes and memories, but I would give anything to feel her hug me again.
    I am sure that is what this thoughtful child was feeling when she wrote her letter.
    She is blessed to have 2 wonderful and caring parents in Sandy and Garth.
    Merry Christmas!!

Wendi, a wish from a young child's heart must be like music to Santa's ears, don't ya think? Snow, isn't it cute how the kids know what they want at any such given time, right then on the spot, with no qualms in even expecting it? When they're hungry, they're HUNGRY. And don't they usually let us know? Almost as soon as we are born? Hmm..what do I really need from Santa right now? I think I need a good wrapping up in Christmas. I'm so tired from the commercial side of it. Physically that is. I want all the good stuff that's behind all that instead. Our world could use it right now. If I was to make a wish and blow out Jesus candles for Him on His birthday, that's what I'd wish for, for everybody. Hey! Great idea! My young son has been wanting to bake a cake with me and we could do it for Jesus' birthday! As tired as I am, I think I should ask him so we can make a wish for Jesus! Cool! To think, Garth's little girl's wish sparked the thought!

That was a good question but...

I gope it didn't make him mad about the divorce,I know how hard it must be and I am trying to talk mention anything unless he does.
    Dont think i don't know I do.I am just trying not to say anything
    about it to him so he can have the time to heal.

I always loved Garth but couldn't afford to buy any of the CD's now i can and be an official fan a real fan now.
    so thanks Garth fo hanging in there
    for me.

+ Reply to Thread