+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The View

The View

Being the procrastinator I am, I thought: "Hey, The View isn't on till 11, I'll be up in plenty of time to tape it".......yep, famous last words. I didnt end up going to bed till about 5am, so I slept till Noon without a problem. As I'm walking downstairs it hits me, I missed it....now let me tell you from much experience that is one of the worst feelings there are. So if there are any kind souls out there that could tell me what happened this morning, I'd really appreciate it....and if it's a good interview I'd like a copy of the tape if anyone wants to go to the trouble...I'd pay for everything of course.

allison.

The view

It was pretty cool! Garth talked about Scarecrow being his last album and that he was officially retired now. They asked if that would be his last album and he said only time will tell. He said his youngest girl was only 5 and he wanted to wait until they were out of school. They commented that he wore his jeans well! They talked about pushing up daisies. Garth said that in front of people his Dad seems fine, but when he's very lonely alone. His Dad is only 71. They also talked about this being Garth's happiest CD ever. He said that if he would have done it 8 months ago it would have been bad. Because of what he was going through. He came back at the end of the show to sing "Love is thicker than water:. In my opinion his version of this song was better at the Lime Creek Christmas play in Nashville, but maybe that was because all his fans were singing along.

How did you like that? You bad critic?

There you go!

I missed it to Allison. I was late for a Dr. appointment and couldn't find a tape in time....it's sounded like a cool interview. But Garth...I like the dark stuff.
    Last edited by Lowell Miller; 12-14-2001 at 03:35 PM.

Allison

The performance of "Thicker than Blood" was aquistic (sp?) and Garth talked about how the song was written over 8 years and now seems to be modern because of what has happened. Luck you do not live where I am The View is on at 10 am here and the others in the house were wondering why I was watching it until Garth came on and then my Dad said "Your as nuts about him as your mom was about Elvis."

Sorry do not have it on tape I got up too late to set the vcr.

Cheers
    Sandra
    country4ever
    wolves4ever

My affection for Garth is also always compared to my mom's for Elvis. Small world eh?

PJ

Yes, it certainly is! I just wondering how dad took so long to notice.

Cheers
    Sandra
    country4ever
    wolves4ever

Originally posted by Countrywolf
    Allison

then my Dad said "Your as nuts about him as your mom was about Elvis."

Cheers
    Sandra
    Ya know I have always thought of Elvis and Garth in the same way... Elvis was king of Rock and Roll and Garth is the King of Country...
    I was watching a movie that had Elvis in it just the other day and told my youngest son (8) that he and Garth were a lot alike.. he looked at me funny as if to say "mom you gotta be kiddin'?" LOL
    I am a big fan of Elvis movies and music...I never had the chance to see Elvis in concert but my mom did and I bet she and all the other ladies were just as crazy about him as we are about Garth.....So Penny... the same goes for me, my mom was NUTTS for Elvis too.....
    Love and God Bless!!!
    Denise

LOL! You know that Elvis was my passion before Garth. People that I worked with were so glad that I now at least I loved a man that was not dead.

JoAnne
    Oh Lord, keep me from bein'
    The one the wolves pull down

WOLVES (Stephanie Davis)

I hear them saying you'll never change things
    And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
    But it's not the world that I am changing
    I do this so this world we know
    Never changes me

THE CHANGE (Tony Arata, Wayne Tester)

LOL, too funny how many parallel there can be and you don't even know it!

JoAnne ~ Hey we all have our little things. My grad class played on my love of country music and Garth and gave me "most likely to co-own a horse ranch with Garth Brooks." How cute some people can be, lol. Well considering I was the only person in the entire class that loves country and Garth I had to expect something like this.

Cheers
    Sandra
    country4ever
    wolves4ever

I watched and taped the View. Garth looked awesome, as usual. He wore a black long sleeve mock turtleneck shirt with a black stetson and blue Wranglers. As soon as he wished everyone 'Happy Holidays' one of the ladies, Joy Behar.. turns him around and says let me see how you fill out those jeans... Garth turns red and says 'oh stop' or was it 'oh quit', and turned back to sit down. Then Garth said, 'I'm filling these out more every year' or something to that effect. He was very sweet on there, and still he has trouble not tearing up when he talks about his mom and dad. He did a great job, imho, of Thicker Than Blood, the whole song, not like when he played it on This Morning, where he left out the verse about the road accident. Meridith asked him about Pushing Up Daisies.. specifically the line where he says ' my dad turns his back on every day that he's given, he'd rather be pushing up daisies' . Garth said that his dad died the day his mom did and he would like nothing better than to join her. Garth said, he was great when you got him out, life of the party, talk your leg off, everyone loves him. But as soon as he's alone.. he wants to be gone. Garth said that if his dad could find a way to do it legally, he would. Garth said it was sad because he's a great guy, loved by his grandchildren and all who know him. Garth also said in response to Star's question about it being his happiest album, that he is finally honest with everyone he loves, including Sandy. What was interesting in regards to speaking about Sandy, he said he could finally 'stop lying and hiding from 'her...and be honest for the first time. Anyway, all in all a very good segment. He sang Thicker Than Blood still sitting on the couch with Star, et al.

Have a Garthy Christmas! Happy Holidays!

Ellie
    Have a Garthriffic Day!
    I AM CANADIAN!

" Oh Canada, our home and native land,
    true patriot love, in all our son's command
    With glowing hearts we see the rise, the true north strong and free, oh Canada, Oh Canada, we stand on guard for thee..."

Originally posted by Countrywolf
    My grad class played on my love of country music and Garth and gave me "most likely to co-own a horse ranch with Garth Brooks." Sandra
    Now how cool would that be to co-own a horse ranch with Garth? I could handle that!

JoAnne

WOLVES (Stephanie Davis)

Never changes me

Originally posted by Original GB Fan

Now how cool would that be to co-own a horse ranch with Garth? I could handle that!
    JoAnne
    couldn't we all?? that would be very cool

Thanks Ellie for the synopsis of The View, I apprecaite it

Vanessa

Ellie, thank you sooo much for your "script" of it! Very interesting!
    And very personal!

Well, Id love it too to co-own a ranch with Garth. I love horses, dogs, wide widows and the natur. I would care for it as good as I can. And sometimes pushing up some daisies!

Madeleine
    Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
    Our lives are better left to chance
    I could have missed the pain
    But I'd of had to miss the dance
    I'll never reach my destination
    If I never try
    We shall be free
    Where your road leads I will follow!

Originally posted by Original GB Fan
    LOL! You know that Elvis was my passion before Garth. People that I worked with were so glad that I now at least I loved a man that was not dead.
    OMGoodness I am cracking up! That is tooo funny JoAnne!
    J.

Am I scaring you J? You are starting to get to know the real me! Dang ... I am scaring myself!

JoAnne

WOLVES (Stephanie Davis)

Never changes me

Well, Id love it too to co-own a ranch with Garth. I love horses, dogs, wide widows and the natur. I would care for it as good as I can. And sometimes pushing up some daisies!

Madeleine [/B]
    Umm Maddy my darling friend - I adore you and I'm quite happy that you're not "pushing up some daisies".

I know you're still finding your feet with your English so I thought you might want to know that "pushing up daisies" is a slang term for "death".

So you just keep on breathing and being so lovely and joyful okay my friend?

Carey

Hi Kiwi!

Thanks for the "translation". Well, here in Germany we also have those things, which mean something else, than it seems. My mistake!
    Well, I am going to pushing up some roses from my wondeful garden on that HUGE ranch! Better?

Hugs to you for saving my life (Its sooo wonderful yet!).

Always yours,
    Matey Maddy
    Some of God's greatest gifts are unanswered prayers
    Our lives are better left to chance
    I could have missed the pain
    But I'd of had to miss the dance
    I'll never reach my destination
    If I never try
    We shall be free
    Where your road leads I will follow!

+ Reply to Thread