+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Not a dry eye in the house tonight

Not a dry eye in the house tonight

Well...at least not in my house. What can I say besides, "Thanks for THE DANCE"?? I know this won't be the last time we'll see Garth on TV, but for it being the last concert special that we know of, it was like hearing that song and seeing the amazement in his eyes for the first time all over again. To those fans that braved the weather all day, thanks for making our man smile!! He seemed truly in awe, as was I. I would have stood through wind, rain and fire to see GB tonight, but to see Garth and the whole crew, not to mention the fans, up there freezing their butts off just to please us goes above and beyond the call of duty.

The show could have been longer, of course, but couldn't they all be? The important thing is that the music in our hearts will never end

That was a tear jerker.

please please please someone who taped this can you send me a copy????????? my d*** vcr just ate my tape - oh if that concert didn't make me cry hard enough now i am - i'm speechless about garth's performance - all i can say is that i love him and it tears me up to think that that may very well be the last time i see him up on stage - ugh happy thoughts darnit happy thoughts
    ***********WE SHALL BE FREE*************

Wow! What a show. I don't know how Garth stood to sing "The Dance" as his last song. Wouldn't you think his heart was breaking (even though he's happy)? I know my heart was breaking. I sure do appreciate the ride that Garth has allowed us to take with him.

Thank God for Garth!

Still Waters Run Deep!
    Missy

A tear jerker is right. Man....I knew it was gonna be hard to watch, but it was worse than I thought. "How could I have known that you'd ever say good bye?" That line just kills me. OK, I know...dont cry cuz it's over, smile cuz it happened. I think I'll just do both. Thanks for the dance, Garth.

And GArth, he just looked so amazing, and amazed by the crowd. I can't wait to hear the stories from the PGers who were there.

I'm still in tears. I had to put my cat in the hospital tonight and The Dance just broke me.

She will hopefully only be there a couple of days (praying it's not serious) but she is 18 and it reminded me how short life is and that I know I will have to face the inevitable soon. I managed not to cry all night but as you all can imagine, The Dance hit way too close to home, and that coupled with Garth's retirement really set off the waterworks. I feel really awful right now and I'm sure glad you're all here.

God bless,
    Laurie
    Some of God's greatest gifts are
    unanswered prayers...

I was so touch by that show. I think it was the best of the three shows. And what about the fans who showed up. How many people were there? Does anybody know?

Thatís just to prove that Garthís fans are the best. Iím going to try to compose myself and watch it again without crying. If I can.

France

Awww, Laurie, I'm sorry I'm sending you lots of Garth hugs as I type {{{{{{{{{{{{{{GB-HUG}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

My heart is breaking.

I could have missed the pain, but I'd of had to miss the dance... and I wouldn't have missed this for the world!

~Ann~

That certainly was a tear jerker. I figured he would sing The Dance for his last song, and even though I knew it was coming, it still brought tears. I also thought that him singing To Make You Feel My Love was unbelievable fitting. When he sang that first verse "when the rains blowing in your face" and you can see the wind just whippin' the rain around, it sent chills thrue my body. I loved the show, but like everybody, wish it were longer, and wish I were there. Can't wait to hear the reports from everyone who went!

D.J.

Thanks, BigGfan4life. Garth hugs are the biggest and most effective hugs anyone can give... which is exactly what I needed tonight!
    unanswered prayers...

According to the news, 25000 wristbands were handed out and it looks like they all showed up!

I don't know how he kept it together during "The Dance," either....but it's a darn good thing he did because if not that would have put me right over the edge. The tears started rolling about mid-way through TMYFML and didn't stop until just minutes ago
    It's truely hard to think of it as his last performance but at the same time knowing that he is at a happy place is soothing to the heart
    -Susan-

So I am sitting here at work in Sydney and I have been checking the forums all afternoon waiting for the comments on the show.
    I had tears in my eyes just reading your posts.
    They aren't running them in Australia so I had a friend in Chicago tape it for me, I have just heard that it turned out OK and she is mailing to me.Yeah!! I cant wait.

I wouldnt have missed it for the world either!!!! Man, that was THE BEST of all three. All I can say is WOW!!!

Joan

lettin go is hell

will respond more tomorrow....am in the midst of a flood...washed myself clear off the couch...floatin aimlessly around my house now.....clingin to a pillow that says believe...

puffs?? forget THAT.....i needed BOUNTY...the quicker picker upper

Teresa
    Here's to love on Earth, love that is left behind, the love that you take with you, the love that never leaves. Love really is forever and goes on without end. Peace to all and may we all believe and trust in that power of love. BELIEVE.

**tosses Teresa a roll of Bounty**

Man....I dont know about the rest of ya, but I've got one heck of a headache! It's all these not-so-happy happy tears, I think. **sigh**

I am right there with ya

it is now and hour and a half and everytime I think of the dance I lose it. I found out last week ( fellow garth lover) the love of my life is marrying someone else. And man does the dance fit. I wish I could take it as well as Garth did tonite. He really knows just how to touch your heart. Garth Hugs to all
    Much love
    Ber

Before the show even started my daughter was rolling her eyes and saying... "Mom's going to cry..." *lol* It was funny because I don't cry that much at all... and especially not at tv shows and stuff.

.... but I sure cried for this one.

Laurie... I hope your cat does okay. My cat died last Friday night. It was the cat that I had since high school and she still lived at my folks. She was 20 years old!
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

Washington, DC U.S.A., Land of the Free, Home of the Brave!!!
    Ms. T when you're done could you please pass a fellow "bawler" some of that bounty girl? ***begs tina as she wipes the tears from her face*** and hoping i don't short out my keyboard while i typing! Oh my "garthness"

...and to reiterate what Ann stated "i could have missed the pain but i'd've had to miss the dance"!! and that was definitely one "DANCE" i am so glad to have participated in!!!!

Laurie this is for you and the kitty
    {{{{{{{{GREAT-GENEROUS-GARTH HUGGS}}}}}}}}

...and to you MR. BROOKS -- If i wore a hat it would be "TIPPED" to you! you have touched my life in ways you'll never know and there will always be a place in my heart for you and all that you have given with your music and kind-generous-wonderful-loving heart!! may you enjoy all the precious moments you'll get to spend with your girls as they grow into young women and who knows -- maybe we'll get to "DANCE" again sometime in the future!

Always
    Tina
    ...our lives are better left to chance, I could've missed the pain --- but I'd of had to miss the DANCE

Take it Easy, Take it Slow, Take it Light...Oh What the Heck Just Take It!!!

Oak Grove, Missouri (outside of kansas city)
    everything is so sad right now I lost it from the moment Garth came on b/c all I kept thinking is "this could be his last show" but when he broke into the dance, OMG, the tears still haven't stopped and its been 2 hours since it ended.

Oh yeah and that stupid news man that had to interupt my one of my last moments with Garth
    -AMANDA BROOKE-
    *AMANDA BROOKE*

"Listen not to the critics, who put their own dreams on the shelf.
    If you wanna get the truth to admit it, you gotta find out for yourself...How you ever gonna know?"
    -GARTH BROOKS-

Hey Amanda,

if I were you I would call up your local station and scream at them for interrupting you Garth show. I hate when the local news breaks in for something really stupid, when the news is about to come on in 5 minutes anyway. Can't they wait?

D.J.

Cried through nearly the whole thing...It was hard enough listening to Garth and trying not to...then Jerry Jeff has to bring back sweet memories with "Mr. Bo Jangles". It was great to see him again. Loved hearing Steve play and sing too

And "The Dance"...lost it right from "lookin' back"...

I can't say enough about this show. Despite the rain, the wind, the cold, he and the boys packed the house (I mean the beach)...simply awesome. And to everyone who was there to see them...once again I say, simply awesome.

(((HUGS))) Laurie. I hope your cat makes a speedy recovery.

CC

You guys are the best. I've been lurking here for years but never posted till now. Now I wish I hadn't waited so long, 'cause New York City ain't exactly loaded down with fellow Garthoholics.

Thanks for all our wonderful sentiments for my cat. She is my baby, we've lived together forever and she's my best friend in the world. I rescued her from a shelter in London in 1985 when she was 18 months old, and now here we are and she's 18 YEARS old. It went way too fast.

Snow I'm so sorry about your cat. Why God decided that people should live so long and animals so short is beyond me. But I have to believe that "the Lord knows what he's doin' after all."

As for Garth, maybe he'll realize after these shows that he can't give it (us) up entirely... he could always just do a few shows a year instead of those mammoth tours. Hey, Michael Jordan came back, right?

God bless,
    Laurie
    unanswered prayers...

Not as good, but good all the same . . .

I was disappointed in this last one. It was very good, just being a Garth tidbit(it didn't seem like a full show somehow) . . . but it wasn't nearly as good as the first two, to me. I loved hearing him sing his older stuff like Much Too Young and The Dance and some of the stuff from Sevens, but he didn't do anything from Scarecrow(The Storm would have been awesome) and his guest left much to be desired. Keb Mo' and Jewel did a good job, but this guy sounded like he was sick to death of his own song. Granted, he did a good job on his son's song . . . but that sort of ate up Garth's time . . . I dunno . . . it can't end on such a mediocre note. Garth just has to have _something_ to come after this. It won't be like the old days, but he's got to hang around a little bit . . . that's not the show I want to remember him by. I have to say, Steve Wariner was _excellent_ and so was Garth on the Sevens songs. And well, basically, I just really have to respect him for going ahead with that concert when he was practically being blown off the stage and was being pelted with nearly freezing rain. And I'll bet he did a lot more songs than we got to see on TV . . . it's a shame he could have only an hour, but at least we got that much . . . the overall feeling I got from all three of these shows was him totally abandoning any attempts he's ever made at looking all cool and professional and flashy , and just cutting loose and having a blast with his fans. The music is just right there in your face, and straight from the heart. I guess that's what really counts. Even my grandmother who has never liked him , said "Well, he puts on a good show, and he sure does love his fans . . . "
    When I say I'm disappointed with the show, it wasn't really a bad show, I was just expecting more from the final one. The show was good, overall, but I just get the feeling that it's incomplete. There must be more to follow . . . of some kind . . .

Awwww, Snow, I'm sorry to hear about your cat I'm sending you some Garth hugs, too!! {{{{{{{{{{{GB-hug}}}}}}}}}}}}

If this makes ya feel any better, though, you know Mamma Brooks has a feline friend up in heaven now

unfortunately i was at work but it wasnt too busy so i dialed up samaras phone number and listened for a little bit and i just had to get off the phone .. and as samara can tell you .. when i called back and left a message i was like a crying idiot and not making much sense, i was talking but not saying much ..

I seriously needed puffs. You could tell Garth wanted to repay the fans for showing up in that weather. He was really in shock I think. All I can say is, "Way to go Garthnutts for showing Garth how much we love him!"

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

Sob, Sob, Sob

I am so glad I was not the only one in tears. I am also glad my husband was not home and my daughter was at her grandma's. I was really able to let the tears flow. It was cleansing in a way. I pray this in not the end. It may be the end of the tours, maybe even the end of new music (the music will go on forever) but I pray it is not the end of our relationship with Garth. It would leave a serious hole in many lives.
    I think it was an incredible show. Garth looked and sounded great! I do wish we could have heard something from the new album. Other than that, it was wonderful. I poured tears the whole time. The love for what he does and the love between him and his fans is nothing short of amazing.

THANKS FOR THE RIDE, GARTH!

Let us hop on for the next one, okay?

Believing,
    Kristi
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
    This is the Dance I do every day
    I let my feet go and get carried away
    I let my soul lead and follow the sound
    It's the Dance that I do
    When there's no one around
    /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Actually I'm glad he didn't do a lot of stuff from Scarecrow during these shows, because all the cynics out there were just DYING to claim he was doing these shows for selfish reasons, just to promote his new album. You know how they're always trying to tear him down. Some people just can't accept that maybe he is just as decent and sincere as he seems. Well now they have to shut their fat traps.

Off to visit my kitty in the hospital and then to work, where I won't be able to concentrate on a darn thing anyway...
    unanswered prayers...

+ Reply to Thread