+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth's hat in the "Storm" picture

Garth's hat in the "Storm" picture

So - besides lightning what can you see on Garth's hat? What's the white funnel shape? And especially, what's the shape on the rim?

It's a really interesting picture.

What's he got on his hat. Or under it? Somethings on the man's mind a lot?

So cool.

Hawk

I dunno Hawk. I've been trying to figure out what that is since I first saw the pic. To me, it looks almost like a very big pair of blue plastic sunglasses sitting above the rim, with the lightning reflecting off the lenses. The white mark? no clue

the white mark is the light hitting the water on the hat. the top one is the crease in his "mules kick", which is a slight dent in the front of the hat people sometimes have 'shaped' into it when they buy one.... the lower white mark is just the light hitting the water, a little glistening effect. and yes, there is a pair of blue oakleys on his hat, which you can see the lightning reflecting in..

Kelly Ray

Oakley Sunglasses

Jason

Look below the sunglasses - might need a magnifying glass. On the left side of the rim, under the hat band, - which would be Garth's right side. There is more - looks like a form. From where?

Interesting too - how the light reflects over the sunglasses - which is kinda eerie physics.

did the photographer mean to do that or was it just a lucky shoot, or combining shots of several images?

Creative~

Hawk
    Last edited by Hawk7lte; 11-16-2001 at 12:04 PM.

Must be the photographer in me. I keep thinking about being in my darkroom - and how light actually reflects.

Or maybe too it's the psychologist in me - and it's a Rorschach Ink Blot kind of thing.

But lighning wouldn't reflect like that in or off of sunglasses - and there is no place for the other lights to come from.

Kinda reminds me of a picture I once sent to Garth. Wish I had a scanner. And reminds me of a comment to a friend; a wish that I could be shrunk and build a nest in his shirt pocket, and ride around in it or on the rim of his hat. Family (and me) needed a little company and some peace in a safe place for awhile at the time.

Oh well, guess its only of passing interest to others.

Hawk

+ Reply to Thread