+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I just bought Scarecrow at Best Buy in Texas

I just bought Scarecrow at Best Buy in Texas

Hi Guys,

New here but thought i would share my bit of good luck.
    I went in Best Buy to see if there was a note by where the cd would go to see if they were going to open up at Midnight to sell the new Cd.

And on the shelf was Garth Brooks - Scarecrow
    I thought i was seeing things.

Its Great.... Lots of good songs.

Take Care Guys and God Bless

Nick
    Attached Images

GarthFanCanada1 Guest
    Thats funny. The CD shouldn't even be on shelves till tomorrow morning at store opening.....

Jason, isn't there a law against that????

Barkley

Yeah i thought that also that they could get in trouble cause its Time Dated Material.

Who knows though i told the guy back in the music section and he said that it must have been a mistake.

Oh well kinda cool for me.
    I bought 3 copies and gave the other two to my friends.

Now i will have to wait till tomorrow to get the Limited one.

-Nick-

Did they have any of the limited edition cover?

I am jealous ... I stopped at Target today ... hoping maybe someone messed up and put one out on the shelves early ... no such luck. I will be back there tomorrow morning!

JoAnne
    Oh Lord, keep me from bein'
    The one the wolves pull down

WOLVES (Stephanie Davis)

I hear them saying you'll never change things
    And no matter what you do it's still the same thing
    But it's not the world that I am changing
    I do this so this world we know
    Never changes me

THE CHANGE (Tony Arata, Wayne Tester)

PJ,

Yes they did.
    The guy looked in the back for me when i told him that they werent supposed to be on the shelves till tomorrow, i asked him to go look and see if they had a limited he let me have it also.

I went back in there on my way home just a while ago and they were GONE!!

So i guess they sold em all or he removed them from the shelves.

-Nick

Glad to hear the limited editions are out there without preordering!

Yeah i was glad to know that also cause i read somewhere it would be for pre-orders only =)

No... I think that it was just that pre-ordering was the only way you'd be assured of getting a limited edition as there won't be as many of them.

I'm really happy that I pre-ordered mine as it got here a day early and with a bonus country CD sampler from Wal-Mart. That was cool.
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

new album

Hello people it has been forever since I was on here. I have been lurking but I thought I would jump back in here.
    I too got my limited edition version today. Perks of working in a book/music store.
    I can tell you that I saw the shipment that came in and i can tell you that it was NOT time dated. Those come in seperate boxes and are marked, this was not. It came in a box with a bunch of other stuff.
    I loved the pictures that are in this and I love the dedication in the back. True to form for him.
    I did notice that in almost all of the pictures except for three i thikn that you cannot see his eyes. Was there a reason for that?????

Peace
    Jenn
    "...some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em"

12th Night II v 156-159

Our Wal-Mart doesn't take pre-orders!

While I was at Wal-Mart to buy a copy of the new George Strait CD (they were already sold out), I asked if I could pre-order the new Garth CD. The clerk said, no, because their CDs are handled by an outside vendor. He told me that a new shipment of CDs arrives every Tuesday. So, I will be there bright and early tomorrow morning. I'm hoping that they will get both the LE and regular covers.
    Bee

But you could have pre-ordered at walmart.com .

I just got back from walmart and I made the lady open the box up and I got one! There weren't any first editions in the box though. I ordered one from www.walmart.com so i hope it comes soon. The cd is AWESOME!!! I hope everyone loves it as much as I do.

Thanks, Travis

I went to Wal Mart at 7 on the way to work and they only had 5 LE covers (they now have 2 ).

Yeah some of my contry fan girlfriends wanted the LE cover but weren't able to get one at wal-mart.

I will be sitting in best buys parking lot when they open hoping to get one for them. =)
    God Bless the Believers
    -Nick

" There's two dates in time that they'll carve on your stone and everyone knows what they mean, but what's more important is the time that is known and that little dash - there in between!"

hmmm... for some reasons we have tons of First Edition here in Canada... I got one First Edition and a normal version..

Tommy
    "Life is like a piano--play to its fullest"

"A good start is half the job!"

"When we free do love anyone we choose... WE SHALL BE FREE" by Mr. Brooks

To the special man in my life: Shnuggie.

Are the Canadian LE any different?

Hey...
    I bought 9 Limited Editions and 2 regulars today. I used my Tower gift card for $75 I got for my birthday..and I used my $75 Target gift card I also got for my birthday...I bought a regular edition at midnight at Virgin, they didn't have limited cover...at Target I bought 6 of the limited covers and at Tower I bought 3 limited and 1 regular. Tower had almost all limited covers. I only saw a few regular on top. Then I looked underneath where they store the extras and they around a 100 regular covers. When I was at Target, I overheard the people stocking the CDs say I don't think we ordered enough Garth...I laughed.

My Gosh I bought two LE coves and one Regular and thought i bought alot.

May i ask who needs 9 =)
    God Bless the Believers
    -Nick

" There's two dates in time that they'll carve on your stone and everyone knows what they mean, but what's more important is the time that is known and that little dash - there in between!"

Hey...

MrBean972 I buy a lot of Garth for my friends...:-) I have bought over 350 Garth cds and tapes. Around 80 are in my personal collection because I buy 2 of each cover for myself. But as for the LE I bought so far...I gave one to Sondra, Debbie, TJ, Richard, John, Lena, and Thomas aka Twister who stayed with me after the Leno show. I have at least 3 more LE I will pick up this week and I am running over to Tower to pick up the tape so we have something to listen to on the way to the Forum and the concert tonight. So to annswer your question...LOL...all my friends need LE. Plus I will probably pick up a few LE for Xmas gifts...Since the other cover will be around for awhile I will pick up those later...:-)

Ahhhhhhhh,

I understand now.
    Yeah i always buy two First Editions for myself.
    I bought all the Double Live covers and People thought i was a maniac. But thats cool i don't mind anyone buying that many albums due to the fact it helps Garth out

Hope ya have fun tonight. I wish you the best of my luck.
    Im going to go to the Texas show

I will be watching on TV tonight though.
    Have fun Guys.

God Bless,
    Nick
    God Bless the Believers
    -Nick

Hey..

Thanks Nick..I think we will have a good time. :-)

+ Reply to Thread