+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Garth Live In Concert-Los Angeles

Garth Live In Concert-Los Angeles

Yes...you read it correctly. Garth will be playing the Great Western Forum for One Night Only on Wednesday November 14. Tickets go onsale through Ticketmonster Phones & Online ONLY next Tuesday morning 11/6 at 10 AM. $22/ticket. Perhaps this will be of interest to somebody out there. :-) DAVID

Thanks David!

I am sure there are lots of folks interested in this information!

We appreciate you letting us know!

Moni

Thanks Muchly David

It's a bit far for me but anyone who attends......ALL THE GORY DETAILS PLEASE!!

Carey

Is this one of the live TV specials for CBS?

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

www.kzla.com has the information. There is no time listed. If this is to be a live special on CBS, then I suppose it would have to start no later than 7, and earlier if it is a 2-Hour show. Since this is the day after the album release, and 2 days after GB's Tonight Show appearance, then I suppose it would be an ideal time for a live show on CBS. :-) DAVID

Yes this would be one of the specails on CBS. Dave G. said that Garth wants to use the band and they rehearse on tuesday and the show is on wednesday. So this sounds like one of the shows.

Can't wait to see Garth and Stillwater together again. WooooooooooHoooooooooooo!!!

Garth Brooks & Stillwater Band
    "Bring'em to your town and watch'em burn it down"

Leanne & Michelle
    (who are real happy)
    Garth Brooks & Stillwater Band

"Bring'em to your town & watch'em burn it down"

---------------------------------------

Go to Dave Gant's site for his CD of hymns:
    www.hymnsofpraise.com

GARTH BROOKS COAST TO COAST

This is a Live CBS Special. It will be done the same way his NBC Double Live specials were. The show will start at 7:00 PM in Los Angeles. Eastern time zone will be the first hour(10:00 EST), Central & Mountain second...and Pacific last. So Garth will have an audience of 18,000+ to provide the background noise for the 3 specials.

Should be a real treat. Guess I now have plans that evening.

Just a thought...if there was a rumor he is doing 6 live specials...perhaps there will also be another night of shows on the east coast. :-) DAVID

*rubbing temples and sending telepathic message to Garth to tape a show close enough to me so that I may FINALLY see him in concert*

*ahem*..Cool News.

Nash
    "I wonder sometimes about the outcome of a still verdictless life." -- John Mayer

Wooohoooo....very cool news! Got my calendar marked, and it will be GREAT to get to watch Garth on TV. Of course, it would be MUCH BETTER to be there at the concert, but a 2000 mile road trip isn't in the cards for me. But I'm looking forward to hearing all the wonderful stories from all the lucky PGers who will be there!

Thanks for the info David!

OH MY GOD! I am working every angle to get tickets! I SWEAR I am gonna go! (wish me luck!)

--spud--

Good Garthy luck, Spud!

GO SPUD GO!

Wishing you luck in getting tickets!!!

Can I come along in your pocket??

Moni

please tell me this isn't like the Double Live specials. This little 'three separate shows in different time zones' thing sucks. If I'm a fan, which I am, I obviously want to see GB live. But, like the Double Live specials, I feel like I'm getting screwed out of missing something he may do in a show for one time zone, and not the one I get to watch. Therefore, most people who really want to see this wind up trading tapes, something which is generally frowned on by the 'musicians'. Plus it's kind of a pain for something you think he'd want to see anyway. I can't believe they'd switch the audience three separate times like they did for the Double Live shows (with 18,000 people there, it'd be kinda hard), and I really doubt GB will do the same exact songs three times in a row for the same 18,000 people. The promotion he's doing is really leaving me with a sick feeling. For the first time I feel like I am going to get screwed out of seeing something I really want to see. It's kind of turning into a joke.

Kelly Ray

The core songs from the shows will most likely be off the new album. Whether he does other material or not, it's hard to guess. We'll have to wait until more info comes out, but I would expect the crowd in LA to stay for all 3 hours, and may end up hearing the same songs more than once. He will keep the crowd pumped up, so they won't tire of hearing it again and again.

Anybody have a link or a phone number for this "Ticketmonster"?

Thanks,

Kerry
    "I think I'll miss you most of all" Dorothy to the Scarecrow, The Wizard of Oz,

exactly my point, the 'core songs'. In other words, the one or two songs he may do that I'd actually want to hear (not that I don't want to hear the new stuff) are, chances being, going to be different per time zone. He may even 'change -up' a tune for a different time zone. For Double Live, he did the second version of That Summer (my favorite tune) for another time zone, and of course I couldn't see it. Therefore, I feel burned by the first time he tried this, and the taste in my mouth is bitter. Maybe this is the 'three' shows he's talking about. Another Garth twist on words. Instead of the 'multiple' shows we're all thinking of, it's just one show, live three different times. Also, there is no way that the Central time zone show would come on at 8 pacific time. Our news is on at that time. It would have to be included during the Eastern time zone broadcast, like Double live, at the LATEST 7 pacific time. I still just have a bad feeling about this. I hope I am so wrong, but, I just don't like the smell of things.

Kelly Ray

Well I sure as heck will be watching! Thanks for the info David!

And Dani, deAnnalynn, & Dee Dee!!!! Where the heck are you gals???!!! YOU SHOULD BE READING THIS!!!!!

CC

okay, I just checked TV Guide online, and at 9pm central time, on CBS is "Garth Brooks: Coast to Coast". It says it is a music program, 60 mins long. Don't know if this helps anyone or not...

Kelly Ray

oops, I was supposed to say on November 14 (wednesday) at 9pm Central time on CBS "Garth Brooks: Coast to Coast" is on here.....

ytpos suck :-)

Kelly Ray

oops! Forgot to wish you luck Spudly! GOOD LUCK!!!

CC

Oh Great!

In the voice of Brian (but not necessary mean that I at unison with Brian's every agreement)... This is just great for the fellow american (or more so likely Los Angeles) fans...

Oh well, guess one of many few things for being at the international ground.

(big deal with the concert... he will never ever gonna set another foot on international soil anymore)
    Kel (Chief)
    chief@planetchief.com
    http://www.planetchief.com/forums

If heaven ain't alot like dixie, I don't want to go!! Hank Williams, Jnr.

"Country Music: Admit It: We Need It!" George Jones

"Stand straight, walk proud, have a little faith, and hold out... ... We shall be free..." Garth Brooks - We Shall Be Free

Originally posted by majmom
    Anybody have a link or a phone number for this "Ticketmonster"?

Thanks,

Kerry
    goto www.kzla.com for the numbers..

Jason

Kel,
    I could adopt you as my very own son, then when you moved home, I could take you to visit Garth in Owasso.....either at his house or Taco Bell. (It could happen)lol.

annette
    I do this so...the world will know, that it will not change me.

Hahahaa Annette?! hehee, is that really necessary

Anyhow... I guess I just felt "left out" since I have missed out so much Garthy-fun...

Darn to be me to only come to know Garth's music last year...

--Kel--
    Kel (Chief)
    chief@planetchief.com

"Stand straight, walk proud, have a little faith, and hold out... ... We shall be free..." Garth Brooks - We Shall Be Free

Awww Kel. I think you need another one of these.....(((((HUG))))

CC

You really have missed out, eh Kel? But, ya know...I am only 3 hrs away from Garth...I know his address and I know his hangouts AND...I have a girl for ya

hmmm.. you got a girl for me? *LOL* who would want a hedious-ugly-geeky-me?

But the benefit of "being" there which is only 3 hours away from Garth's place... now, that's tempting.. hehehee *i hate temptation, i always get sucked into it.. LOL*

CC, I know... I could use some big fuzzy-wuzzy-warm-hugs!! *LOL*

I wonder how different would I feel, if I am privilleged to be in US and have able been to many concerts (never in my life, I have been to any concerts... but only very recently, I went to Clark's gigs and that was FABULOUS!!!)

--Kel--
    Kel (Chief)
    chief@planetchief.com

Kel,
    As your new mother, I am telling you right now to stop putting yourself down! I mean it! I have never seen you yet my son , but I think you are a really great person, and any girl would be proud to have you. And you are NOT hideously ugly and geeky. You are just too hard on yourself. I told Jes yesterday we need to hook you up with her friend Katie. She is a sweetie and VERY smart...like you . GOnna put her on here next time she comes home from college

BTW...we go to Owasso QUITE often, as we still have all our family there....are ya tempted enough yet? LOL

...running in panting bent over hands on knees catching my breath...

I'm here! I'm here!!!

OH MY GARTH I am SO SO SO SO SO SO there!

WooooooooooooooooHoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Garth Always,
    Dani
    "Underwear! Underwear! La la la la underwear!" - My five year old daughter, just now. This is my life.

+ Reply to Thread