+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tribute Show The Thunder Rolls - Review

I don't photograph well - in my imagination I look like Julia Roberts but cameras don't seem to pick that up somehow -
    LOL Angela!!!!! My dear, sweet, penguin, you're a good 8 inches shorter, t'is true, BUT Ms Roberts has *nothing* on your beauty or talent!!!!

Alas, I've been told (when thin) I look like John Denver, and (when heavy)like Dame Judi Dench..one's dead and one's me mum's age....I think I'm not flattered
    "Grace is when God gives us what we don't deserve and mercy is when God doesn't give us what we do deserve" - Dan Roberts

Angela: If I may quote the great man himself...
    "The first thing we look for is the beauty within".

Don't let Gary Perkins (our other opening act) hear you knock Worksop. It's almost his home town. Anyway, it is exotic. I saw a tree near it. And...Yes it's a Saturday.

Our February tour will be based much more around the weekends for the benefit of those brave enough to see the show more than once.

I thought seeing as I posted the December dates it might be an idea to post October and November's dates too. I'll compile a list of dates and venues and then post them later today.
    We don't have too many booked because The Corn Dogs and The Bunch already had a few commitments in their diaries.

Hannah: I'd love a copy of the pics if it's not a problem. Let me know how much they cost you.

I'm definitely going to cut down on the sweets. Notice I said down, and not out? Look out for a slim, trim, not really him, Garth on our February/March dates.

No problem with tickets for you and your friend Marjolijn. You'll be able to get them on the door, if not ask for me. I did speak to Eileen at Double 'H' and she said she had it under control

Love, Rick

In the UK, praying there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
    Originally posted by RickMcKay0965
    Don't let Gary Perkins (our other opening act) hear you knock Worksop. It's almost his home town. Anyway, it is exotic. I saw a tree near it.

Me? Knock Worksop? Worksop, a land flowing with - er - stuff? Didn't Garth immortalise the town in That Summer? 'We were a thousand miles from Worksop, wheatfields as far as I could see'?

He didn't? Oh - never mind then... I'll just have to wonder what the 'beauty within' Worksop could be - since I've never been there yet. No doubt I'll find out soon enough.

I'm definitely going to cut down on the sweets. Notice I said down, and not out? Look out for a slim, trim, not really him, Garth on our February/March dates.

Just mini M&Ms till then, is it?

No problem with tickets for you and your friend Marjolijn. You'll be able to get them on the door, if not ask for me. I did speak to Eileen at Double 'H' and she said she had it under control
    No mention of Ros and me, I notice (sniffle)... No, it's all right, don't worry about us - we'll just stand outside with a flask of tea and try to imagine what songs we're missing...

Angela x
    Last edited by angelamccann; 09-25-2001 at 08:49 AM.
    Gyrrwch yn ofalus

Hi Angela

I'm so sorry, I thought you and Ros had already got your tickets arranged. I thought Eileen had told me you'd been in touch with her. I can reserve a couple for you both if you like, and you can pick them up from the box office. I arranged it for Marjolijn because she was having trouble contacting Double 'H'. Would you like your tickets to be seated near her.

I refuse to be dragged into a slanging match about Worksop due to the fact that I have to go back there later in the year. They were very nice to us in June when we played there. It's a wonderful place according to my Uncle Joe who has lived near it for most of his life. But that's just his opinion. I beleive the beauty withing might be referring to the little chip shop just along from the theatre.

I really do have to watch out for the M&Ms you know. we have a 7 piece band trying to cram onto a stage about 10% of the size of Garth's. If I get too big there won't be room.

Let me know about the tickets

Love, Rick

Rick

I had trouble getting a reply from the box office. Left my name and number on Sunday and kept ringing on Monday morning until I got through. I did forget to ask what time it starts 7.30ish??? The really nice lady at the box office said she didn't have many tickets left.

Marjolijn

See you there hopefully.

Jude

Rick,
    I hope Angela still wants to be seated near me . (Forgot to bring her the ear plugs last Friday)

Jude,
    You bet!

Marjolijn
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Originally posted by RickMcKay0965
    Hi Angela

I'm so sorry, I thought you and Ros had already got your tickets arranged. I thought Eileen had told me you'd been in touch with her. I can reserve a couple for you both if you like, and you can pick them up from the box office. I arranged it for Marjolijn because she was having trouble contacting Double 'H'. Would you like your tickets to be seated near her.
    That's OK - we didn't actually know we were going ourselves until after Friday's show! Ros tried getting hold of Eileen but only managed to get her answerphone. We've conferred via the miracle of telephonic technology and YES PLEASE, we would be very happy if you could reserve a couple of tickets for us. I don't know whether the tickets have any preference (perhaps you could ask them ) but we'd like to be sitting as close to Marjolijn as possible, please and thank you.

I really do have to watch out for the M&Ms you know. we have a 7 piece band trying to cram onto a stage about 10% of the size of Garth's. If I get too big there won't be room.
    So get the band to go on a diet then - if they all lose an inch it won't hurt if you gain six, will it? Works out much better that way - lots less painful for you too (except of course the Wranglers will be a little tighter - but Garth would say that's a good thing!).

Angela x
    Gyrrwch yn ofalus

Hi Jude
    The show starts at 8pm, doors open 7.30pm If you have trouble with tickets call Double 'H' or let me know.
    Love, Rick

Originally posted by Lowland_Kid

I hope Angela still wants to be seated near me . (Forgot to bring her the ear plugs last Friday)
    Sorry - I didn't quite catch that... someone forgot to bring their earplugs for me last Friday

Of course I do, Marjolijn - where else would I want to sit?

We've only just got our voices back from Friday - oh, good, just in time for the next one!

Angela x
    Gyrrwch yn ofalus

Well finally I got my internet access back today

So apologises for being around 4 days behind everyone here but I just wanted to give my (shortish) 2 cents worth from Friday's show, although you guys already did great reviews.

Well I have to say the show is sooooooo and I had a blast, in fact there were times during the night when I could have been back at The Opry last October (and no Angela I don't just mean my bunny hopping to Callin' Baton Rouge!).

I have to say Rick that you're very brave to do this show, especially with so many of us Garthnutts around that are very critical and most certainly protective of Garth and his music.
    So I take (well I would if I had one!) my hat off to you guys for putting this on. You have worked (well at some point anyway) so hard to get this right and its a great job you have all done.
    It was nice to meet and chat with you after too and to hear you speak about Garth with such respect and as a fan yourself. Not to mention of course how honoured you were to be in the same photo album as Garth....that was cute.

Well I hope you had as much fun as we did. I think its only been today that my voice as come back to near normal, so now I'm resting it for Thursday night, so pleeeeaaaaasssssseee save tix for Angela and I.

Regrading the December dates....when did Worksop move into Yorkshire?

....and you want pics of everyone too? You know I thought I saw a dartboard at the back of the stage aswell, so on that basis I'm not sure its a good idea at all.
    But seeing as you are such a nice soppy guy, I'll let you have this one.

Jude, Sue & Marjolijn - looking forward to meeting you guys again.

See y'all Thursday night

Take care
    Ros
    x
    Attached Images
    How you ever gonna know
    If you never dare to try

Concert Tickets For Garthnutts!!!

Hi there
    I'm just off to the studio to pick up the CD's for tomorrow's show. I won't be back at my computer 'til monday.

I've left tickets on the door as follows....

2 for Marjolijn
    2 for Angela & Ros
    2 for Jude

If anyone else wants to go I think there will be some seats left you can get at the door. I hope that's correct, and I'll see you there.

Love, Rick

Rick,
    Thanks again! Am already excited about tomorrow!

Angela & Ros,
    You have to practice your voices! I haven't had any problems after Friday
    Nice pic of "the real thing", Ros!

See you all tomorrow! WOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

Marjolijn
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Goodness, Ros - I've never seen that photo before. Rick seems taller than I remember too...

Rick - I know you're not reading this but THANK YOU and we'll see you tomorrow!

Angela x
    Gyrrwch yn ofalus

Hi it's me
    I'm only on here because I still have a couple of people to e.mail this page to. We couldn't possibly have asked for nicer reviews. I know I've already said, but thanks.
    Love, Rick

Rick and the guys and gals

Thank you! Best show I've been to for a very long time - since Dublin I think.

Jude

+ Reply to Thread