+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Request "The Change"

In my house made of twinkies where I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous. :p

Request "The Change"

Hey guys... As I read my Garthbox newsletter tonight, I came across a post by someone that suggested that we all pick a day and request the song "The Change" for those affected by this tragedy...

I was thinking we should do it on the day that Garth's new single was SCHEDULED to come out... Sept. 17th...

So "come on people now... smile on your brother... everybody get together, try to love one another right now"

Show your support and request "The Change" on September 17th!!!!!!!

Thanks guys!!! (And thanks Melanie for the idea )
    Anonymous77 <--- Stupid American

I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous.

Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones. ~~~ ( Benjamin Franklin)

Actually on CMT MWL they are playing requests for people who want to dedicated a song to the victims and their families! I was watching earlier and they had played "The Dance"! I started to cry a little! It is so moving!

Nancy

it's on right now Nancy, for 1 hour and 30 minutes.. that should be very touching to watch.

Sam- I'll request The Change..that's a good idea

Vanessa

No one here knows Garth, so I just posted the lyrics of The Change, in another message board

They also played The Change a little later on MWL. It's a tear-jerker.

Well I vote for 'if tomorrow never comes' but The change is also good too.

Marga

i haven't had the nerve to listen to that song yet.

i've never gotten thru it without crying in the first place.

i do have the words "i do this so this world will know that i will not change me" in a small sign hanging outside with the flag.

i will request it tho i know its going to be very hard to listen.

Please let no more bad happen.
    take care,

lil'bit

In my house made of twinkies where I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous. :p
    Thanks so much guys!!!!

"What I do is so... this world we know... never changes me!!!!!!!!"

Anonymous77 <--- Stupid American

I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous.

Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones. ~~~ ( Benjamin Franklin)

Please check out MY post about my idea for "The Change" being re-recorded by Garth as a duet with Billy Joel for charity... its here on this board and a couple others at this site.

This would be a great way to help out all of the victims and survivors. Like Elton John did for Princess Di's causes with "Candle In The Wind". I really hope that Garth would consider this, even if it's not with Billy Joel. I'm sure that it would sell millions, and help out thousands of victims. For all the people who've never heard "The Change", it would surely be one that would help them cope with these troubled times, as it does for me.

God bless us all.

Amy
    As long as one heart still holds on, then hope is never really gone..."The Change"

Yes, I agree Amy. This song could have almost as big of an impact as the Diana version of "Candle In The Wind" did. The reason I think "The Change" should be re-recorded as a duet is to make it different from when he did it for the Oklahoma City bombing. And to do it with Billy Joel because of Garth's admiration of Billy and its very well known that Billy is from New York City (and loves the place).... so to do it with Billy would make it much more powerful. But if he did it with someone besides Billy that would be OK... as long as he does this and preferably as a duet to make it a unique special version of the song.

EVERYONE... sending an e-mail to Capitol-Nashville Records will only take a minute or two of your time, the email doesn't have to be long. Just express the powerful message of the song (how it ties in with these recent events) and the great possitive impact this duet of "The Change" with Billy could be.

Who knows... if the duet happened maybe it would lead to a concert tour of Garth and Billy Joel together next year like Billy has done with Elton John... and you KNOW Garth would absolutely LOVE to do that with one of his favorite singers (he loves Billy Joel) :-) It could be called "The Change Tour".

The e-mail for Garth's record company again is: music@capitol-nashville.com

I work in the garden department at my local Wal*Mart. Ever since they put tv monitors up in the rest of the store we haven't been able to hear the Wal*Mart radio intercom hardly at all, but in the event of things going down Tuesday we finally at least plugged in a small radio. I tell you what, that sure helped get me through the day, listening to the music. Everyone was commenting on the selection of songs they heard. The Youngbloods "Get Together" was one. "America" by Neil Diamong. etc. I haven't had time to sit and watch all the latest developements on the tv. It's very depressing anyway, but the music sure helps to soothe the spirit.
    Wal*Mart radio has always been good at playing the best in Christmas music celebrating the true meaning of Christmas. If I can't hear it this year it's gonna be a bummer! I hope they fix the problem soon. I used to hear "Lost in You" everyday too. And some Garth.

If you hear back from Capitol-Nashville about "The Change" duet idea of mine, let me know. Have they been playing this song alot in your areas?

I have been listening to The Change a lot this week as well, but I just finished watching the Walt Disney Story on ABC and they played Lee Greenwood's "I'm Proud to be an American" at the end with a backdrop of pictures from this week's events and that got to me more than anything I have seen so far. Perhaps request every song that might help the healing.

Lucky for us we've got plenty of love songs in the world to help us!

Our station here in Dallas/Ft.Worth, KSCS 96.3, has been playing a lot of Garth these past few days, particularly The Change and If Tomorrow Never Comes.They are using little snippets of The Change as background for listeners remarks. I hope Garth knows how so much of his music brings comfort and hope to so many.
    Thank you Garth and God bless us all
    Faye
    sr.garthfan

A FAN of THE MAN

+ Reply to Thread