+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I wanted to share this with you...

Somewhere over the rainbow in the back of my mind holding my Boo and dancing

I wanted to share this with you...

But before I do, I want to say thank you to Lowell, Moni, Kerry and Hawk (and anyone else my feeble brain forgot!)for their kind words in my "Moments" post...I am touched beyond words. Even my mother doesn't really understand Adam's connection with Garth so, it really hits a tender spot in my heart.

Now, this is what happened:
    Adam and I went to his hospital today to decide wether or not we would be re-filling his pump (it's a device that delivers medicine to help keep his muscles relaxed). This is about a 3 hour drive and Adam has NOT been tolerating sitting in his wheelchair at all. Fortunately, I have a TV and VCR in the van, so I always bring along my trusty Garth videos Today, the damned VCR decided to quit working (thank God we are getting a new van in about 2 wks!)and I had to pull over to calm him down, turn the TV off etc. Always the prepared mom (haha-right)I had my double live tapes with me(yes, tapes-no cd player in my ancient animal). So I popped them in and started doing my inthecarlisteningtogarth dance. *No comments from the peanut gallery, you all do the same thing and don't try an' get out of it!!* Anyway, I come into Whitewater (a med size college town in WI) and with my Garth blaring and windows open, I pull up to a stop light. On the street next to me was some guy walking, he stops, looks at me and proceeds to stand there singing and dancing along!! Wonder what song???
    The Dance

Just wanted to share......

Paige
    Treasure what you have
    Bless what you receive
    Cherish today
    Love one another
    In tribute to all were affected by the tragic terrorist act 9-11-01.
    Always remembered.
    They don't call us the UNITED States for nothin'!!
    "If I only had a brain" Scarecrow
    Giggling all the way over the rainbow...
    "And you and you and YOU were there"

Hey Paige
    Thank you so much for sharing that story, it put a smile on my face. It is so cool finding Garth fans where you don't expect to find them
    And I do know the listening to Garth dance that you mentioned, the one where the music just seems to take your body over and before you know it you are swaying and jigging along, not that I have ever done it myself ofcourse
    Tell Adam that he has good taste in music and good luck in getting your new van

Thanks again for sharing, it was a lovely story

Hannah
    I'll never reach my destination
    if I never try,
    so I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry.

WOAH!!!! That's really ..abouyt the guy who was dancing and singing along with The Dance I hope that everyhtinbg went ok for you and Alex

You're welcome about the comments of your Garth moment,,thanks for sharing it

Vanessa

Originally posted by KindanewGarthfan
    Hey Paige
    And I do know the listening to Garth dance that you mentioned, the one where the music just seems to take your body over and before you know it you are swaying and jigging along, not that I have ever done it myself ofcourse
    Oh yeah Hannah, I am sooooooooooo sure you have NEVER done the dance with Garth in the car!! LOL
    I can never do that with my girls in the car, cuz sometimes I just 'happen' to let go of the wheel for a sec and they get freaked!

Vanessa, thank you for thinking of Adam. Truly means the world to me!

Paige
    Treasure what you have
    Bless what you receive
    Cherish today
    Love one another
    Always remembered.

It's so wonderful to find another Garth fan when you're least expecting it, isn't it? I love when that happens. You catch someone looking at the Garth t-shirt you have on and they ask you when you saw him, cause they thought he was incredible when they saw him. It makes my day anytime something like that happens!

Lisa
    Dreams can come true with God's great angels like you.
    Completely Wrapped Up in Garth, and loving it!

You're very welcome Paige

Vanessa

It was an omen...all this junk about moving...too many signs today

But I'm so glad I could pass my smile along. When it happened the second thing I thought of was posting it.

Paige
    Treasure what you have
    Bless what you receive
    Cherish today
    Love one another
    Always remembered.

Maybe that guy singing The Dance is a Garth Angel!

+ Reply to Thread