+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I called WXTU and won today!!!!

I called WXTU and won today!!!!

Nah, it wasn't for VIP tickets to tomorrow's show in Philly, but I did get thru and won a special Garth T-shirt from WXTU in honor of the July 4th show!!!

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!

Look for me tomorrow and I'll show it to ya! (Cathy will be wearing it! )

Jim
    I'll never reach my destination
    If I never try

Congradulations.....

????????

why is Cathy wearing it since you are the one who won it... ???

lol...

Nelly

CONGRATS JIM

WOOOHOOO Jim...Can't wait to see you and Cathy, and that shirt! I'm out the door in just a few moments...God Speed to everyone travelling to Philly...see ya there!
    hugs..
    Harriet

Woooohooooo!!!! Cool Jim!! Tell Cathy I'm stealing it from her.....LOL

XTU likes us PGers.... I won again last night, but not for the Gath shirt(I'd of rather had that). But I got 2 tickets to see Dwight Yoakam.

See ya later tonight!!!

Terri
    "Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law." --- Sophocles

Nelly, you know the answer to that one!

Harriet, I love the idea about the "We Believe" signs, but I'm not gonna have time today to do anything but get ready for tonight, then get as much sleep as possible.

The weather is getting worse by the minute with probable showers and T-storms for tomorrow. I recommend bringing plastic bags for your valuables, such as your camera, wallet, or purse. It saved my stuff at Fan Fair last month.

See ya soon Terri!

Jim
    If I never try

Jim...

yes I do know the answer to that one.... Just teasing ya...

Nelly

ps: well that's what the weather station is predicting....

Do you know if WXTU will have any more of those shirts at the event?

PJ,

I'm not sure if they will have them there. But if they do, I assume you would like one??

Terri
    "Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law." --- Sophocles

You bet Terri, thanks for asking!

I was also asking so maybe those folks who are traveling to Philly who won't have a chance to call in and win might be able to get a souvenir as well.

Very Cool, Jim!

Cathy wears the shirt and the pants in your house, I see!

tee-hee

Have fun everyone going! I wish I could go, but i'm so glad it's going to be on TV!

WooHoo - A GARTH FIX coming!

~Ann~

I WON ONE!!!

I just got back from picking up my shirt at XTU!!! Awesome shirt!!

PJ, I asked, they said they aren't selling them, but there will be chances to win the tomorrow. I doubt they'd give me another since I'm wearing mine, but hopefully we'll be able to get some more.

Terri

Congrats Terri!

I didn't think they would be selling them but thought they might be available if the station were doing a live remote tomorrow.

Philly seems to be a pro-Garth city

Tommy
    "Life is like a piano--play to its fullest"

"A good start is half the job!"

"When we free do love anyone we choose... WE SHALL BE FREE" by Mr. Brooks

To the special man in my life: Shnuggie.

Tommy,

You shoulda seen it back in September 1998!!! WOOOHOOO!

I guarantee you he could be Mayor if he wanted to!!!

Jim
    If I never try

ConGARTHulations Jim & Terri!

I'll be looking for you two on TV, make sure you wave at the camera's, I'll be waving at you from these Beaches here in Cheyenne!

Mary Liz
    Life is too short NOT to be a Garth Brooks fan!

I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day!!!

conGARTHulations!

That's great. I won't be able to see it though. I don't think I can get the tv special out here. There is a few July 4th special on but none at 7pm PDT on ABC here. There are 3 of them on at 10 pm, including one on my ABC station. Guess I will tune in then, just in case it is delayed for us west coasters. I hope so. My TV Guide says nothing about what's going to be on.

ANYWAY, Have a great time, everyone who is going. Make sure to report back with details, details, details, and pix.

Ellie
    Have a Garthriffic Day!
    I AM CANADIAN!

" Oh Canada, our home and native land,
    true patriot love, in all our son's command
    With glowing hearts we see the rise, the true north strong and free, oh Canada, Oh Canada, we stand on guard for thee..."

Ellie,

See if any of the listings call it an ABC News Special or Independence Day 2001...that's what it's being called in my area.

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

Thanks for the tip, Paula. But no dice. there is a show called Independance Day on an ABC station, only it's the one I DON"T get. The one I do, is a local fireworks show out of Seattle. I will wait for pix if there are any. Thanks anyway.

Ellie
    Have a Garthriffic Day!
    I AM CANADIAN!

With glowing hearts we see the rise, the true north strong and free, oh Canada, Oh Canada, we stand on guard for thee..."

Oh woe is me!

Ellie !

If it helps, I set two VCR's before we left for Denver this morning (knowing we'd be getting home late) and NEITHER RECORDED!!! We had a thunder & lightning storm here that wiped out the programing on them and so I missed seeing Garth too! Let's both feel sorry for ourselves and whine alot, maybe someone will offer to send us a copy if we moan and groan enough!

Mary Liz

I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day!!!

Re: Oh woe is me!

Originally posted by CheyenneWindRoper
    Ellie !

If it helps, I set two VCR's before we left for Denver this morning (knowing we'd be getting home late) and NEITHER RECORDED!!! We had a thunder & lightning storm here that wiped out the programing on them and so I missed seeing Garth too! Let's both feel sorry for ourselves and whine alot, maybe someone will offer to send us a copy if we moan and groan enough!

Mary Liz
    Well, both my sisters taped it for me in case my tape didn't work. If all three come out, I can offer the other two to you guys. I'll bet PJ has it taped too and can make copies...right PJ?

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

I'm in Seattle right now and they didn't show it here either. I'm hoping my VCRs did better at home than Mary Liz's.

When and Where?

SIGH.... Mary Liz..... I'll bring plenty of whine to share. Thanks Paula and PJ for the offers of copies, I greatly appreciate it. I'll let you know. I read that he wasn't on all that long. If I could see pix of him, that will be enough. So, let's just wait and see what the Philly Garthnutts have brought back. lol..

Ellie
    Have a Garthriffic Day!
    I AM CANADIAN!

Yay Paula!!!!

I'll take you up on your offer Paula, if your tapes come out okay, that is. Thank you, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!! That is sooooo sweet of you! Let me know what I can send you for the tape and postage. I was just heartbroken, now I don't feel so bad, since there is a chance I may get to see the show after all thanks to you!

Friends are kisses blown to us by angels!

Mary Liz

+ Reply to Thread