+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Hunger

Most of us have been there. Most of us have experienced what is commonly called the Killer Diet. You know the kind...you eat nothing but grapefruit and tuna fish for 10 days and end up losing a glorious 1-1/2 lbs. only to gain it all back an hour after you officially quit. Of course you also gain an adversion to all tropical fruits and every time you pass a fish tank you break out in a cold sweat. Then, there's that hard boiled egg diet, but don't get me started on THAT one...

WHY of all things would I bring up dieting in this forum? Don't worry Garth, ain't saying a word about how tight those concert clothes must be by now....afterall, I seem to recall someone saying that he was fat AND happy...and as long as you be happy, what's few extra pounds? (Besides, I never
    heard ANYONE complain about how you wear your WRANGLERS!)

Nope, the hunger I am referring to is about the music. You
    see when Sevens was born it was like having that last child.
    You are overjoyed but a little sad at the same time. Sevens
    was the last formal studio project from Garth. That, my friends, was like the beginning of a long diet. Now, I know what you are all thinking....how about Chris Gaines? What about Double Live? Then, there was the Christmas project. Sorry folks, to me, they were like those little desserts that you sneak in the middle of the diet. They were those Krispy Kremes and all those Taco Bells...delicious and tempting for sure, but not like that full course meal that you were used to chowing down every night.

Sure, there have been other offerings on the menu. Other
    artists are out there, but when you have had steak, hamburger is hard to swallow. So, bottom line, I AM HUNGRY.
    Been that way ever since Garth announced another project due sometime this summer. Spiritually, I am wasting away here in the great state of Pennsylvania Garth. I need to hear another anthem. I need to feel that inner peace. Oh heck,
    I need to feel the earth move under me again! (Remember Garth, how you get them blues when the rhythm ain't got no soul?) I want to turn it up real dang loud and shake every
    window in the house. I want to kick it in high gear on an open road and just sing my lungs out (I can still drown you out every now and then). I want MY music back. I want to be seranaded in the dark. I want to laugh right out loud and cry real tears. I want to be touched again, moved to higher ground again. I want to feel the fight. I want to
    be that moth that flies too close to the flame.

It has been a long diet. Funny, I thought I could handle it alone. I was dead wrong. One night at the Opry changed that....on that night, we all got a taste of that meal. We had an appetizer. You got a taste of it too that night didn't you Garth? We all saw it...you dared not to stare at
    us too long. You were just as hungry as the rest of us.

I suspect you have been pretty hungry since that night. I can feel it. Somewhere out there you sit with guitar in hand, strumming a tune that has been stuck in your head, hiding in your heart for a long, long time just begging to be born. It's time is now. Then there's that lyric that began with a glance, a smile or a tear. Some are in the oven, some are still simmering on the stove. All of them
    delicious in their own way, are just waiting to be served.

Come on Garth, sit down at my table. It is set and waiting
    just for you. The heck with the diet! The HELL with the diet!! It's time for dinner.

Keep It Rollin'
    Judy Humphrey
    May 31, 2001

Very well said Jody. I'm on that diet too.
    I just can't wait

France

Wow Jody!

You sure have a way with words....and I agree with you 107%! I am famished, looking almost anorexic, let's chow down!

Mary Liz
    Life is too short NOT to be a Garth Brooks fan!

I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day!!!

GUYS.. read.. LOL

Her name is "JUDY" not JODY" lol

*runs fast*

Jason

Ooops Sorry Judy!

Mary Liz

I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day!!!

Really,really sorry Judy

France

Judy, it is so great to read your writing again. I have missed you and your miraculous way to capture in words what I feel in my heart. Bring on the chow!!!
    Cheryl

As we all sit and wait for the next generious helping...
    I say Garth.. it is time.. bring it on and give it everything you got...

I am looking forward to some mighty fine dining. Heck make it an 11 or 12 course meal...And as always I am sure the final course the dessert will be something we will savor forever..
    So, move over Judy.. save a place at the table for me.
    ~Pay'em~

"Anywhere, where only fools will dare"
    "I'll leave my light on, if you leave yours on for me"

mmmmm mmmmmmm mmmmm! Just the anticipation of another feast has my mouth watering.

Ahhhhhh, to be able to partake in a full course, leaves nothing to be desired, wonderful buffet that is otherwise known as a full blown new studio ablum from Da Man himself....YES, Judy, you are right- it's time to give this diet the ole heave-ho!

The guest of honor spot at this table is reserved for the chef. Watcha say Garth....are ya ready for the chef hat and apron????

"And on the air there was a hunger- even a boy could recognize"...That Summer- Garth Brooks-

Hey GARTH!!- We are all Starvin'- I know Garth has contributed to the Feed The Children Charity. How about we form a NEW "Charity"-- FEED THE FANS!!

Pretty Plllleeeeaaassseeee, GARTH
    Let's have a Feeding FRENZY!!
    Pretty Please with M&M's on top!! LOL

And Judy, I agree... I saw that look in those blue eyes on the Opry stage too- it's a mutual HUNGER

Bonnie
    "I'll never reach my destination if I never try..."

I don't follow any diet!! I prefer eat what I want but do some football,running,tennis,etc.... it's healther.

Whoever said the anticipation is the best part has never gone through Garth withdrawals!

Very very cool

That's exactly how I feel as well

Jakob

Washington, DC U.S.A., Land of the Free, Home of the Brave!!!
    here i sit with bated breath...
    and a bib upon my beating breast...

with anticipation in in my heart...
    with hopes of smacking and licking my chops...

the mouth is watering...
    the stomach grumbles..

but from DA Man, not a mumble...

try as i may--try as i might...
    i don't see one crumb in sight...

bowing my head over my empty plate...
    i close my eyes, my grace to state...

i imagine before me, as i began the grace...
    a big fat feast in it's place...

from within i'm begging and pleading...
    it's a song i'm i'm surely needing...

hear me Garth--here me now...
    i just know you won't let us down...

Hallelujah & Amen...

can i get an AMEN!!!

Tina

AMEN Sister Tina!

Mary Liz

Amen!!

Judy,

You said exactly what most if not all of us feel right now!!! Thanks for saying it with gusto!!

Vanessa

Judy, it's good to "see" you again. It's been a long time since I've seen anything from you.

I agree...bring on the chow!

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

HEYYYY SISTAHHHHHH!

At long last, my soul sistah has put hands to keyboard again and let that creative magic that she works so well take over.

Judy....this "meal"....this "feast" is gonna be the best eatin we ever had. WE both know that already. We both have been tempted, had a bit of a morsel dangled in front of our faces. Well, I have...you know, I share most everything with you...couldn't help but share that too. Couldn't help it anyhow, this overflowing heart had to run somewhere!

I've been on many on diet, but never have I longed so badly for that temptation that I know is out there...callin my name...speakin to my heart....playin the song that holds a key to a place in my soul that only he seems to be able to unlock.

With such anticipation building inside of me, its as if
    I were standing on the threshold of something totally unbelievable...I still can survive "the hunger". My appetite, my lust for the music and the insatiable empty feeling inside of me...it can wait. For, just like that hunger has been fulfilled many a time before, I know, this time...this time around, what is coming, what will be laid out before us, what he will bring to the table...

It will exceed all expectations, it will push all limitations to boundaries that have not been tested before.

Bring it on Garth...but take your time. Let it simmer and season it just right. Add the right mixture of love, laughter and life. Throw in the experiences of the past and the hopes of the future. Add a dash of precious memory and for good measure...add a pinch of happy tears and smiles.

We'll be waiting. Workin up an even stronger hunger. We're in the middle of that rock and a hard place. We can hardly wait for it the hunger is so strong, but we are so starved...we'll wait forever for what we know is coming. Because we just know...it WILL be THAT good.

Welcome back Judy...its been far to long my sister of the heart.

Teresa
    Here's to love on Earth, love that is left behind, the love that you take with you, the love that never leaves. Love really is forever and goes on without end. Peace to all and may we all believe and trust in that power of love. BELIEVE.

I feel the hunger too.
    And this diet su**s. It's the worst
    one of all. At least with others
    you can can cheat--satisfy the craving.
    All we can do with this one is sit and wait.

Lisa

BRAVO SISTAHS

Judy, all I can say is, YOUR hunger must be eased by getting back to what you do so well.....you are silent for so long, you are so missed and then you come right out of the box with something so beautiful that speaks for so many hearts....Welcome back...
    Teresa, your reply was right on the money as well..can't think of a single thing to add...
    I am willing to stay on this diet right along with you as long as necessary because nothing should come to the table until it is ready...Garth knows this and trusts us to know it too...we may be hungry but we know how satifiying the meal will be once we can fully savor it with the knowledge that the chef is satisfied with his creation...
    We know you are cooking up a storm out there Garth...
    stewing, simmering, maybe even bubbling over....sometimes, when you let it sit for awhile, the flavors have a chance to intensify....we can practically taste them already..sweet and sour, spicy and salty...just like life...so you let it sit there as long as it needs to...when you bring it to the table, we will feast heartily knowing that there is love in every bite...
    I am so sick of egg whites, salad, tuna and grapefruit though...anyone wanna share a forkful of gnocchi?

hugs to all...
    Harriet

That's some amazing writing, Judy!! Please 'come back to us again'!!!!!!!! Very, very, very

Amy
    As long as one heart still holds on, then hope is never really gone..."The Change"

New York, New York, United States, 108424279189115, New York, New York

SISTAHS SLAY ME

You guys just have a way with words!!
    Judy..good to [see] you back!!
    T.....you know how much I enjoy your wit!!
    And Harriet....you'll get the gnocchi diet or no!!! LOL
    Love Always,
    Jo@nn
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
    It's about learning to dance in the rain.

+ Reply to Thread