+ Reply to Thread

Thread: lee ann womack on george strait

Humbling Experience
    Lee Ann Womack is proud of her career achievements, but admits that they pale when compared with those of tour mate George Strait. "You get around George Strait and you think, 'Man, I'm nothin'!'" she says. "He is just so huge . . . There is nothing that will humble you quicker than being in his presence." Launch.com

Thanks for sharing that. I witnessed it at the Straitfest. I am in no way that familiar with country music, but there was no mistaking the presence of George Strait. But I didn't witness it from George himself. I saw it and felt it in the fans around me who love him. They sang with him to all his songs, and the expression of joy on their faces. Man, they were the show for me!

Thanks for posting that

brian
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    COME ON! Let's Join Up!
    Let's rise out of this dirt
    Escape from this oppression this anger and this hurt
    The ignorance, intolerance, stupidity and lies
    That's spreading like a virus and ruining our lives
    All we need is honesty to push away this night
    Lets hang on to our innocence and hold each other tight
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~*~*~Die Toten Hosen~*~*~

George is definitely something special. It's something I don't completely understand and could never really explain! Consider songs such as "All My Exs Live In Texas" and "Write This Down"... and "Don't Make Me Come Over There And Love You"... ONLY George could pull these songs off! They're really quite silly! Then there's great stuff like "Amarillo By Morning"... etc. He's amazing. Only George Strait can do what he does.

Garth Always,
    Danielle
    "Underwear! Underwear! La la la la underwear!" - My five year old daughter, just now. This is my life.

In my house made of twinkies where I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous. :p

Sheesh Russ....

Don't do this to me... I get very vivid mental pictures at times from what people say. And well.... you calling this thread "Leann Womack ON George Strait"...

well...

you get the picture!

Don't do that to me, sweetie! Hehehehehe...
    Anonymous77 <--- Stupid American

I watched too much TV as a kid, so now I have a short attention spandex pants are hideous.

Your net worth to the world is usually determined by what remains after your bad habits are subtracted from your good ones. ~~~ ( Benjamin Franklin)

+ Reply to Thread