+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Garth hints at possible name of new album :)

Arkansas, home of Presid.....errr never mind :)
    From Countrystars.com

Just think, a few weeks ago someone posted a question about what Garth should call his new album. Well read on....GARTH'S NEW ALBUM NO "FAREWELL PARTY"
    Garth Brooks says he hopes the press doesn't treat what could be his final country album as some kind of "farewell" record. "Could this possibly at this point be our last record? Yes, It could be," Garth admits. "Do I want to sell a record on the fact that it's the last record or the farewell this? No. With no offense, I've been on farewell stuff in this industry and didn't like the way that it was couched with no offense to anybody. Just not the way I like to handle things." Garth says what he wants to do is make an album that can stand side by side with THE CHASE, SEVENS, NO FENCES, etc. So what might be a good title for it? "BEST, would be nice! All capitals"
    "Boy they must have gone crazy out there...

-Garth Brooks "Night Riders Lament"

I think he should just call it his farewell or goodbye album. He has done said it will be his last quite a few times. Everybody knows it will be his last. If he did not want to sell his last album as what it is, a farewell album, then he should not have ever said it would be his last. He could of just stuck an album out and just never did another one after it. How many times has he talked about his last album? About a million already. So it don't matter what he calls it, people still know it is his LAST.

The neverending retirement...

The retirement thing doesn't faze me....It's been going on for about 10 years.

He said it could be his last album..

I have faith and hope that it won't be

Lori

I went to a Rolling Stones Farewell concert back in the early 1980's (I still have the T-shirt!) And last I heard they're still doing shows 20 years later!

Jim

Uh-oh, I think I'm old!
    I'll never reach my destination
    If I never try

Last album???

I don't think that this will be Garth's last album.... he did say that it could be his last but he didn't say that it would be.

Remember though, he just want to wait until his girls are grown up and then start again. I really doubt that it will be his last... no offence. It's IMPOSSIBLE, it is just not possible.

Nelly

I agree with Nelly.. good choice of words!

Vanessa

First of all, this whole quote sounds AWFULLY familiar, doesn't it? I'm almost positive that it's just another 'soundbite' from his press conference back in October!!

Kristen ~ I think you gotta understand where Garth is coming from on this. He doesn't know, for sure, what the future holds. All he knows, right now, is that he's doing one more country album before he 'takes a nice LOOONG break'. He knows that he has a commitment to people to do this album, but he also knows that he wants his life to take a different turn right now, for the sake of his family life. So, just like he said, there is always the POSSIBILITY that he will never come back and do another country album, but there is also the possibility that, someday down the road, he may get right back into it and do more. I don't blame him, in this kind of 'who knows' time in his life, for saying what he has said. He doesn't want it billed as a farewell album, because in a lot of ways, he's not necessarily saying 'farewell', just 'see ya' later', but on the other hand, he is admitting that there is ALWAYS a CHANCE that when he is ready to get busy again, he doesn't know what he will be wanting to do with himself by then, maybe country, maybe not, maybe an album, but who knows? The man is approaching 40 and talking about being out of the country music scene for the next 14 years, of course he's not going to be able to know what is in store for him when he's 52, 53, 54 years old. I, for one, can hardly believe that he will actually wait that long, but you never know...

Just my thoughts and opinions, that's all!

There was just one other thing that I wanted to add. I'm sure that Garth does NOT want to be one of those people who says 'yep, this is it, this is my farewell album', just to find out, later on, that it wasn't, because we ALL KNOW what happens to people who do that, they get ridiculed by the press, the fans, etc., right? Look at all the fun that people have made of the Judds over the many 'farewell' tours, shows, etc.!!! I'm sure Garth has no interest in ending up like them, having people say 'yeah, yeah, sure, sure, we've heard THAT before!' Heck, they say that about him enough already, because of all the times he's talked about 'needing' to spend more time with his family, and then turning around and doing stuff that has taken him away from his family, only to have people give him a hard time about that too!
    Last edited by MountainGirlCrazy4Garth; 04-06-2001 at 05:36 PM.

DeeDee,

You're exactly right...those are the exact same words he used in his press conference...they often drag up comments from the past like it's new when it's not.

And Kristen, I don't think Garth has talked about this being his last album that many times...I'm pretty sure you have just been reading it in several different places where others have repeated his comments from the same press conference.

Paula
    Listen not to the critics
    Who put their own dreams on the shelf
    ~ How You Ever Gonna Know ~
    Kent Blazy/Garth Brooks

CountryStars.com

Neil Haislop has an excellent system for archiving his soundbites, and sectioning one event, press conference, soundbite, etc. into many different little paragraphs. Because his Nashville Update is just brief little bits, as opposed to in-depth stories, he doesn't have room in his column for all the details in one place.

Unfortunately, as we've seen with Garth stories in his column before, he is getting a lot of milage out of the October 26th press conference. I say unfortunately, because he never references the fact that these comments were made 5 months ago, so they are being picked up and repeated as if they were made recently. And as we know, things in The Man's life change frequently.

Garth isn't the only artist that Haislop does this with, quite a large portion of his column is archived quotes. He must have a heck of an organizational system, I can't IMAGINE how he keeps track of them all!
    J.

Hi Joyce!

I am so glad to see you back here posting. I was missin' you something terrible! I was a feared you'd been somewhere still trying to thaw out! You have thawed out right?

I feel so bad, you poor little thing, out in the cold in a light shirt, hanging around to take everyones picture and not even getting one of yourself with Garth! Bless your heart. Well never fear, a little something is on it's way to keep you warm from now on! I have to tell you that FINALLY getting to meet you sure warmed the cockles of my heart!
    Your smile is a glowing ember that will stay with me forever!

Mary Liz
    Life is too short NOT to be a Garth Brooks fan!

I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day!!!

YOU GO GIRL Nelly!! I agree with ya!!!
    Donna

Do you remember?

You all lost the main idea of the post: A name for the new album! And maybe a good name could be something like "Hope" . That word would mean for him the hope of a new life and also the hope for release a new album... Yes, I think it would be a good title

XFER1 You'll find we loose the main idea and get side tracked quite often. How about we put you in charge of bringing us back to the subject and keeping us on track!

Whew! That's not a job, I'd want to EVEN try and tackle!

You are right "Hope" would be a great name for a new album!
    There is another fairly recent thread on this very idea....you might want to search it out.

Mary Liz
    Life is too short NOT to be a Garth Brooks fan!

I read this article that said the typical symptoms of stress are eating too much, impulse buying, and driving too fast. Are they kidding? That is my idea of a perfect day!!!

all i know is i don't want this to be a last cd.
    take care,

lil'bit

Yep, this sounds quite familiar - How many tickets & albums has KISS sold, on the grounds that it "might be the last"?

I WANT him to name it "And That's Why Gracie Loves Me"
    well, that's my honest answer! hee hee

+ Reply to Thread