+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tribute Book - DELIVERED - The Story

Tribute Book - DELIVERED - The Story

okay.. since this isn't just a moment for me but for the "Membership" of PG... lol

I'm posting this here in the Main Forum
    -----------------------------------------------------------

I walked up to Garth and shook his hand (sorry gals no huggies )

Garth: "What's your name?"

Me: "Jason"

Garth: "Haven't I met you before?"

Me: "Yes, in October for the Opry Bash and Taping"

Garth: "Oh yes, You gave me the plaque with the albums on
    it? Right?"

Me: "Yes, that would be me!" <g>

Garth: "You know, I took that back to my office that night and looked at it, it seemed different. You know what I discovered?"

Me: "Nope can't say that I would know." (I don't have ESP!)

Garth: "I noticed it was not even on both sides" (The Albums there was an odd number on one side than the other.)
    .. "I counted them, and I realized I got 13 ablums out right now, that's pretty scarey. No wonder this last year had been as it was. What you trying to tell me? That I need to hurry and get #14 out there to end the curse?"

Me: "Sure Garth, I know everyone here wouldn't mind that at all!" (we both chuckle)

Garth: "Thanks for that plaque it was great."

Me: "Garth, well tonight, it seems, I have another gift to present to you... This was made by the members of PlanetGarth and took us a while to make... I hope you enjoy this book." (Hands him the book outside of the cardboard)

Garth: (Looks at the front cover for a few seconds) "Very nice..." (Flips it over reads the back of the book) "Very cool!" (skims the inside a little)... "You guys always have the coolest gifts to give."

Me: "We sold these books to 350 People on the net and all was engraved, just like yours. (He looks at the engraving)
    Main reason for the sale was to make it cheaper, people chipped in to give you yours for free to you today."

Garth: "I can understand that."

Me: "They did screw up these book as they was suppose to have numbers on them and a few other minor errors, so you will get a new book in the mail soon."

Garth: (Nods)

Me: "Also, I brought with me Sandy's book and also your Dad's book. I'm sure you can deliver these for us. Right?"

Garth: "Yeah, this a very nice."

(He shakes my hand again... I start to wonder off.. lol
    somewhere in the crowd people yell "Garth we wanna pic of you and the book!")

Garth gets me back there.. holds the book to his chest and wraps an arm around me in a litle pose..
    And flash bulbs go nutts

I say Thanks Garth
    He handed the books ot the security guy that put them in his pile in the guard shack.

And up came the next sole (which happened to be Mary Liz.. that gave Garth something even cooler!!) (But I know he'll charish both!)

So there ya have it... the entire transcript! LOL
    Jason

(One pic included.. Thanks Valerie.. I touched it up so you can see hats and less people around)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Chris Gaines; 03-27-2001 at 01:12 AM.

Also on Friday at 3pm..

I personally met up with Kelly Brooks at GB Management and gave him GB Managements copy of the book.

He seemed a little iffy at first, but I think after reading it he'll see the hard work and dedication put behind it and knowing that it will not be sold later in production or anything.

Jason

Thank you Jason! WoW. That was great!

Thanks Jason, that was very cool! I liked the pic too! My daughter (3.5 yrs) saw it and said: "Look! Two Garth Brooks!" Is that a compliment or what?!

Marjolijn
    The sevens have aligned. It has begun...

Very cool

Brian

Very nice picture of the both of you Jason. :-)

Cool

Jakob

Jason, Glad you liked the photo

Other than the pictures I took while Garth was performing.. The picture of you and Garth is my favorite, next would be the 2 I took of Mary Liz giving him that "cool" gift.

Thanks for waiting in the cold with us so we could share the Moment with you! And sorry about the cold!

Valerie (vj the dj)

Phoenix, Arizona, where there is no 4 seasons...just "hot" and "not as hot"
    Way to go Jas!!!

You 'da man of the hour'!!!!

Y@nkee
    "Men are from Earth - Women are from Earth...Deal with it."
    ----------------------------------------
    "Practice random acts of intelligence and senseless acts of self-control"

Thanks for sharing the whole transcript, I caught a bit of him talking about the number of albums, and I couldn't figure out what he was talking about. :-)

I also remember hearing him specifically thank you for thinking of his dad. :-)
    J.

Joyce
    Thanks.. I didn't remember everything.. but I think I for the most of it! LOL

I didn't remember that part about his dad at all.. (go figure)

But that's why you all was listening too .. right?

Jason

Thanks for sharing Jason! I know Garth and his Dad'll really enjoy it! great pic too!

Vanessa

Absolutly great pic jason,

Very picture Jason
    You both look wicked

Thanks for sharing

Hannah
    I'll never reach my destination
    if I never try,
    so I will sail my vessel till the river runs dry.

"And up came the next sole (which happened to be Mary Liz.. that gave Garth something even cooler!!) (But I know he'll charish both!)" quote

What is this cool gift thats cooler than the Tribute book? It must be pretty cool.

I hope the Tribute book is at least as cool

Thanks for taking it to Garth Jason.

Lori

OK, that picture is the proof I needed that Jason is indeed a unique individual, and is not Garth Brooks . I have been wondering for a long time since I did not see him at the 75th bash and I was there when he was supposed to be there yet I didn't see him.

Elaine

Thanks Jason

Wow Jason. That was very cool of you to share. What a great pic of both of you. Thanks for giving the book to Garth on our behalf. I would so love to meet Garth one day, but it does seem to be a near impossibility. Oh well. Thanks again.

Have a Garthriffic day,
    Ellie
    Have a Garthriffic Day!
    I AM CANADIAN!

" Oh Canada, our home and native land,
    true patriot love, in all our son's command
    With glowing hearts we see the rise, the true north strong and free, oh Canada, Oh Canada, we stand on guard for thee..."

Y'know Jas...

I was thinkin'.

Are you sure that's the way you wanna tell the story? Are you sure you don't wanna turn around and go back the way you came and maybe take another route or pull over and check the map again? Maybe we should call Terri and make sure she knows that we'll figure out how to tell the story sooner or later, and tell her to just keep up. What do you think? Maybe?

Garth Always,
    Dani
    "Underwear! Underwear! La la la la underwear!" - My five year old daughter, just now. This is my life.

Are you sure that's the way you wanna tell the story?
    Yup I'm sure

Are you sure you don't wanna turn around and go back the way you came and maybe take another route or pull over and check the map again?
    Remember Dani.. YOU was the "Official Navigator"... I was listening to your directions when you was looking at the map hehehe... did you ever get the ratios right yet?

Maybe we should call Terri and make sure she knows that we'll figure out how to tell the story sooner or later, and tell her to just keep up. What do you think? Maybe?
    Maybe.. I think Julie's hubby knew where we was.. just didn't tell us.. lol

Jason

Yeah, well...

I may have been the navigator, but who's been to Nashville many times and who was there for the first time?

Garth Always,
    Danielle
    "Underwear! Underwear! La la la la underwear!" - My five year old daughter, just now. This is my life.

hey now.. they CHANGED the INTERSTATE NAMEs and took us 3 times going down it to figure that out...

265 is gone.. POOF .. gone.. LOL

Jason

Ahem... who said the FIRST time, "Hey, none of the signs say 265, they all say 65, but this is the road, so just follow 65, I guess." Huh, huh, huh? Not my fault it took you so long to catch on!

LOL... this is all in fun, guys, the fact of the matter is that Jason and I got ourselves totally lost and turned around somewhere between Nashville and Goodlettsville!

Garth Always,
    Danielle

Was it dark when ya'll were traveling?

I've only gone between Nashville and Goodlettsville once... and it didn't seem like a very difficult route. *lmao* Of course it's been a couple of years... did they move the roads or something?

You all are a trip! *giggles* Sounds like the getting there was as much fun as arriving.

Ok... I'm WAY jealous of the whole thing.
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

Dani,

just slap me if I'm wrong again.. okay?
    LOL

Jason

Snow.. the HOTEL we was at used to be off 265...

we wasnt' going to Goodlettesville.

Jason

Yeah, but we were somewhere between Nashville and Goodlettsville.

I'll be sure to slap ya real good next time you're wrong, darlin'.

Garth Always,
    Dani

Oh.... so now the roads are not moving... it's whole hotels that are moving?

Me thinks ya'll inhaled too many gas fumes. *uh huh uh huh*

So, if I ever get back to Nashville, do you promise to get me lost too?

BTW Jason... just wanted to thank you for getting those books to Garth. Now I'm just dying to get mine. I can't wait to look through it and think to myself... so what did Garth think of this or that part?
    But you've got to be tough when consumed by desire
    'Cause it's not enough just to stand outside the fire

Snow,

Just letting you know these little detours of Jason took place during the day! LOL

Jason,

After the first couple of times following you, hubby quickly figured out which road was which! You're right, he knew which way to go but we were getting a kick out of seeing where you would lead us. LOL Just kidding!

Julie

Thank you Jason!!

Great job Jason!

From your transcript it sounds like you did an amazing job! Consise, to the point, classy. Thanks a lot for your hard work! (OK, so not all of it was work! But I'm sure it wasn't all easy either.) Thanks again!

Mary

+ Reply to Thread