+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I'm so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so confused!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was just wondering about something--<P>I love horses as you may or may not know and Garth's album titled "Fresh horses" I was just wondering where that came from. I know everything there is to know about the horse business and I was not aware of fresh horses. And another thing if there are fresh horses are there stale horses? I would sure appreciate it if someone would help me with this. Thanks so much garthetteN

hmmm maybe it means fresh horses for the rodeo or something ... or it could mean wild horses ... or it could have something to do with the old west. Cowboys used to ride into town, and they'd exchange their horses for fresh horses before moving on. LOL I don't know, I'm just giving you something to think about :)<P>MargaretN

Fresh Horses is a rodeo kinda meaning for new, refresh. Garth said that on an interview one time right around the release of that album. I don't know exactly what he said it was but it was something to do with the meaning of being refreshed and feeling good, it is kinda used mainly around cowboys and stuff like that not common city people.N

I think you got your answer ;)<P>BrianN

Garth said it's a cowboy term used to mean rested and refreshed, and they chose that as the name of the album because it was the one he made during the two years he was off and not touring. All the ones before that (except for his first one of course) were made while a tour was going on. So he named it Fresh Horses to represent a rested and refreshed approach to the album, and because it was being released after his two year break from music. :D I taped the interview ;)<P>-Karen-N

"means your on your toes instead of your heals. when I look in the mirror I can see it in my eyes. I can see it in the bands eyes. were ready to rip it"<P>that was from a radio interview with fresh horses was released.<P>Sarah<BR>N

Horses are great with ketchup.N

Hoots, Are you implying that you eat horses? that is the one of the sickest things I've heard on planet garth, Since you seem to be so keen on killing animals like horses for food you should go to a murders message board but in the meantime while you're at planet garth try to stay on topic. Planet Garth is SUPPOSED to be a fun and happy environment where people can share things about Garth and country music but where does it say that this is the Planet "Kill the horses" message board?? I really do not appreciate messages like that! Please refrain from posting offensive posts against horses or any animal for that matter! -- Garthette<P>P.s. I weep for your pets if you have anyN

Maybe I'm sticking my foot where it don't belong. I hope not. :D<P>I think the comment was in good fun, kind of in the same spirit as suggesting Garth dress up like a horse. ;) I could be wrong though. :) If I am though, well eating a horse to some would be the same as eating a cow to us. :) Cows are sacred in some countries. We eat pigs too, and some religions consider that a sin or unclean. In China they eat dogs. I think that is sick. :o But to them it is normal. :) They probably think we are sick for what we eat. ;) Anyway to each his own, and we'll all be happier :D<P>I hope everyone knows I'm not trying to put anyone down with this :D<P>-Karen-N

Easy, garthette. Karen is right. It was meant in good fun. Perhaps it's time to get off your "high horse."N

I know now that it was probably meant in good fun but to me it's just not the thing that you joke about. I have a good sense of humor when it comes to things that are funny, but in my book eating animals just isn't very funny, actually it's very heartbreaking. N

Fresh Horses is the best Garth CD ever!!! I told him how much I loved it one of the times I met him and I think I made him feel good because it was around the time he was getting so much flak for it not being country enough.N

I must be getting confused in my old age.........am I in the Horsey forum?<P>Enough with the horses, I'm here for the Garth and the conversation.<P> :) AnaN

Garthette,<P>I know what it is like to be consumed with horses. From the age of 9, I talked about nothing else for 3 straight years, until my parents couldn't stand it anymore, and they moved to acreage and bought me horses, just so I would get out of their faces.<P>I spent the next 15 years owning, riding, instructing and competing. My parents covered 1000,s of miles ferrying me to events.<P>I eventually took up 3 day eventing, which is a combination of dressage, showjumping and cross country eventing, which takes place over 3 days. It is very guelling on horse and rider, and I have had 4 broken noses, and been hospitalised 6 times with concussion. So I know a little about horses.<P>But, I come here for the Garth. Lori once posted that her friends arn't remotely interested in Garth's shoe size, that's why she comes here, so she doesn't bore her friends silly. I feel the same way, my friends don't want to hear anymore about me and my Garth addiction - that's why I come here for my THERAPY.<P>So whilst I share your love of horses, I think there are appropriate places to display your affection, rather than come here with all things horsey. Please don't get me wrong on this, I'm not saying that we don't appreciate you being here, its just that it can get tedious.<P>Ana :)N

+ Reply to Thread