PDA

View Full Version : Capitol-Nashville Survey...

Chris Gaines
01-18-2001, 03:58 PM
Due to the fact that there is no way to prove it's worth from Capitol-Nashville, it's website or the sites to which have it posted in their forums.
<br>
<br>I have moved this thread out of the viewing area for the time being, until it can be proven that this is really "Capitol-Nashville's" doing.
<br>
<br>I spent the last hour on Capitol-Nashville's website (on just about every page) and no where does it mention or hint at a survey online for it's future use or a free CD.
<br>
<br>Those that have done this survey, I'm sorry, I hope the information is not used in a bad way.
<br>
<br>JasonN

sasteen
01-18-2001, 04:04 PM
Jason,
<br>
<br>I just took this survey, I was a little leary but it was sent by someone I usually get mail from.
<br>
<br>What should we do now.
<br>
<br>Shelly PaN

PJ
01-18-2001, 06:29 PM
Thanks Jason!
<br>
<br>I hope I didn't cause any problems but I am always leary of giving out personal info this survey asks for when I'm not able to verify who is getting the info.N

chase
01-18-2001, 11:43 PM
This is worrying as I filled out the survey assuming it was legit. It seems an elaborate hoax setting all that up just for a few questions and an address I'm obviously naive and can't see the point. If anyone has something happen as a result please post here so we can be warned and of course I will do the same.
<br>
<br>ChaseN

chase
01-19-2001, 01:23 AM
Further to my earlier message I have done a little bit of research looking back to yesterday addresses that I visited, the site appears to stem from a marketing company which has its own website (www.weberize.com) which appears to undertake surveys and marketing strategies for different companies and has an office in Nashville. Also each question was prefaced with the words "Capitol Records" so I went to Capitol Records' main website and they are also running a focus group survey which is set out in an extremely similar way to the survey posted yesterday. Just thought I'd let you know what I found out.
<br>
<br>Although I think this is just a marketing ploy and nothing sinister I think it is a lesson we should bear in mind we should all be wary of filling out anything like this and check its origins carefully before committing ourselves. I certainly will in future.
<br>
<br>ChaseN

Cheryl
01-19-2001, 04:04 AM
Chase...thanks for letting us know what you found out. I agree about the lesson learned here.N

loreli
01-19-2001, 05:41 AM
I think the worst thing we will get is advertisements. It was a fun one anyway. :)
<br>
<br>LoriN

hugeGBnutt
01-19-2001, 12:22 PM
i filled it out to, but who cares, like Lori said, the only thing they can do is send crap mail (i.e. ads);)
<br>
<br>.Ari.N

Chris Gaines
01-19-2001, 12:32 PM
hmmmm depends on if that person is close to where you live.. you never know. ;)
<br>
<br>JasonN