PDA

View Full Version : My dad

Vanessa
01-13-2001, 04:34 PM
Hey ya'll!! :)
<br>
<br> I just thought about this right now, this is my first attempt at this, so please give me a chance; feedback would be nice too. :) This is comming off the top of my head.. it might be a bit confusing, sorry if it is. :)
<br>
<br>My Dad
<br>
<br>My dad, I look at you and I see the person that I've always wanted to be
<br>Kind, gentle, caring, loving
<br>I look at you and I see a man that thinks in life he has failed himself.. but no, he hasn't- he's just made mistakes
<br>
<br>You tell me about your life when you were younger, and I look at me, and you know my life as it has been.
<br>I think of the things that you never had, the things that I take for granted.
<br>Like a pool, or a nice house or.. so many other things.
<br>
<br>For all that you have given me dad... you've given the me the best gift of all..
<br>unconditional love and compassion.
<br>For this I thank you, you are the light of my life, I don't know what I would do without you.
<br>
<br>Love,
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)
<br>
<br>So there ya go.. whadda ya'll think of it?N

major tom
01-13-2001, 06:53 PM
Show it to your dad, Vanessa. (If you haven't already) :) That is so sweet & heartfelt. It makes me want to go hug my dad. Loved it. :)
<br>
<br>KirstyN

Pilgrim
01-14-2001, 01:40 AM
That is a very very cool poem Vanessa:):)
<br>
<br>I love it:)
<br>
<br>Thanks a lot for sharing that:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Vanessa
01-18-2001, 09:55 AM
Thanks Brian and Kristy for the support!! :) :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

littlebit
01-18-2001, 12:00 PM
Vanessa,
<br>
<br>i hoped you showed your dad.
<br>
<br>Very sweet.
<br>
<br>Keep 'em coming :)
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

Vanessa
01-18-2001, 12:20 PM
Thanks deAnnalynn!! :) I apprecaite it! :) I'll keep 'em commin' after I'm done with exams, next week.. but I'll keep 'em commin! hehehe :)
<br>
<br>I haven't showed my dad yet, I wanna wait for just the right moment. :) But I hope to show it to him soon! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

jlm1
01-19-2001, 05:16 PM
Vanessa,
<br>PLEASE don't wait too long! That message is too powerful to hold back. It might even mean more to him if he received it on "just another day", rather than some special occassion like his birthday or Father's Day. Besides, with a dad like that, EVERYDAY should be Father's Day! The things I regret most in life are the times I waited for "just the right moment", and then found out I had actually waited too long and lost my chance. You never know what tomorrow might bring, so make today count! Beautifully done!
<br>
<br>:) JennyN

MDgarthgirl
01-20-2001, 08:35 AM
I think any dad would be extremely flattered and amazed that his daughter thinks about him that much. :):)
<br>
<br>You know he'll love it even more than we do.
<br>
<br>NashN