PDA

View Full Version : Hazel's Hot Dish :)

Garth_FANtasizer
01-10-2001, 04:47 AM
Garth Brooks described the Grand Ole Opry as being a place like a church or religion. "Not a place you worship," he explained, "But it's a house of respect. It's a house of honor. The place that never goes away. It's always there," he continued. "I have the highest esteem for the Opry," emphasized the top selling solo artist in the world. "It's the family that cannot be taken away. That's why I always say the highlight of my career is becoming a member of the Grand Ole Opry," added Brooks. "The Opry fans, they make you feel like you did them a favor for allowing you to sing to them. When it's you, the singer, who should be on hands and knees kissing the fans feet, but they're kissing yours." The singer dropped his head, looked up and added, "Take for instance, "The Dance," the song is about taking every day and cherishing it. To look back where it all started-nothing about the career didn't work. It's just that it's time for me to be dad."
<br>
<br>~Ann~N

garthsgirl
01-10-2001, 06:57 AM
Thanks for posting this for us, Ann. What a Dance this man has given us, huh? Yeah, Garth has always spoke of his Opry achievement in that way. Very nice. I don't like the touring ending, but it is now his time to be Dad, and he needs to do that for him and his girls. I have so much respect for him for that. I don't think many people could come to that decision the way he did. He obviously loves being on stage. You can see it on his eyes. But he is where he needs to and should be.
<br>
<br> LisaN