PDA

View Full Version : What Planet Garth means to you

Hawk7lte
03-21-2000, 07:13 AM
Thought it might be fun to post the one most important thing that the Planet provides in each life;<P><BR>For me, its a chance to read what others are thinking about Garth, the man, the artist and his art.<P>(though anymore with the pleasant posts - it seems like a place to interact with friends who are chatting too)<P><BR>Hawk N

Crackers
03-21-2000, 07:59 AM
Good topic, Hawk!<P>After I went to ST in Arizona last year, I thought that Garth was a very decent, warm, and sensitive person.......but I didn't really know if it was just an act. I looked for GB on the internet when I got home and ended up here. After reading PG for a year, I now know that what I saw in Peoria was what he really is!!! So many times I think we get fooled by celebrities, and it was nice to find a genuinely good one. And, HE IS GOOD!!!!!!!!N

Brooks7
03-21-2000, 08:34 AM
For me, it's where I can go to read things from other people who care for Garth as I do.<P>I do more reading then posting, but after listening to my husband, and other people I know cut up Garth, it's nice to hear good comments about himN

honky
03-21-2000, 09:24 AM
<BR>What does PG mean to me? <B>It's like a house chores</B>--YOU HAVE TO DO IT!! :o <P>I come here to read the latest updates and wonderful GB encouter storys :)<P><BR>TommyN

03-21-2000, 09:31 AM
For me, it's like home, so many nice and friendly people.N

garthette
03-21-2000, 09:38 AM
Um .... I really think that this is a sad topic. The fact that people feel so strongly for a website really sadens me. Wouldn't it be nice if we all got out of our houses and met real people instead of staring at a computer screen and typing for hours upon end. I know many of you don't agree with me considering that this has become apart of your daily routine- talking to people on a website about a singer that you have all so idolized. He's really nothing special, that's all I have to say about thatN

Jude
03-21-2000, 09:42 AM
Duh!<P>Why are you here? Are you sad too? <P>To answer the original question PG means communication with most like minded people. Info, and friends not sad puppies!N

smitten
03-21-2000, 09:42 AM
Hey Garthette,<P>What ya doin here then?<P>No malice intended, but if it's not your thing, then don't do it.<P>Cheers Ana :)N

03-21-2000, 09:43 AM
Nothing special?! How can you say that Garthette! To me Garth is like food, shelter and water, I cannot live without him. Garth is pretty much the man I worship, he is so wonderful and does so many great things for people.N

honky
03-21-2000, 09:45 AM
<B>Garthette</B>,<P>I know what you are coming from. Well, PG is not just about Garth ;) If you ever visited the Open Forum, people do talk about many things such as personal problems and school work. It's really fun :D Sometimes you get to share your personal feelings with people whom you have not met before :) Sometimes people feel much better talking to someone on net because they would never get to know each other in person. <P>Of course I think people do have a life other than PG :)<P><BR>TommyN

garthette
03-21-2000, 09:46 AM
I'm just saying that it's sad that some of you seem addicted to this. And that my friends is the sad part. It's just a computer. Walk away! <P><BR>PS I'm at work and this is that alternative to actually doing work. N

GarthsBestGirl
03-21-2000, 10:26 AM
Hey Garthette...<BR>For one thing I think you are a troll looking for trouble. If Garth is nothing special why are you wearing that name? He is indeed very very special. Ask any of the people who just came back from Spring Training or anyone who has got the chance to touch and be touched by him. Ask the kids he had sitting in the dug out every day with him. Ask the people who's lives he touches every day of the year. Ask my husband who had to hear my mini breakdown during ST because the feeling this man brings out is so strong, and he obviously loves his fans or he would have stopped standing and talking to us and signing autographs and just making us happy for hours at a time. He could very well have walked on by during ST like most of the other players did but he IS SPECIAL. We come here to enjoy our friends, and most of us here contrary to YOUR belief, have lives outside the computer. Until you live one day in anyone elses shoes just go play on H&V. Personally I do not HAVE to sit at WORK and whine on a message board about how other people need lives... Does your boss know what you are up to?<BR> When you can PROVE to me just how UN special Garth is, I will simply ignore your blabbing.<BR>TracyN

loreli
03-21-2000, 11:19 AM
*ignoring what garthette said*<P>PG means <B>FRIENDS !!</B><P>I havent ever met nicer or more helpful people than I have here. :) <P>I came here because Garth touched my heart and I wanted to talk about that with people who actually understood what his music meant to me. <P>LoriN

GarthFanCanada1
03-21-2000, 11:20 AM
Uhm, yeah. Garthette: As someone who comes here alot (yes, actually I DO have a life off of here) let me first start by saying the following:<P>1) You owe Hawk an apology. All Hawk did was start a topic for everyone to post in. Hawk NEVER started the topic for someone like you to come in and start criticizing fans of Garth. <P>2) You Owe the rest of the PGers an apology. Why? Because it's jerks like you coming in and being ignorant that causes hurt feelings and makes people stay away from a website such as this one. Brandon and Monica do a Damn fine job keeping this site going, and we all appreciate their hard work. <P>We all come here to interact, reminice about past Garth moments, and to discuss Mr. Brooks in a non judgemental fashion.<P>If you want to call us hermits, just cause we frequent this site, well thats up to you... But I for one will not put up with it... I am gonna put my favorite Garth CD in and ignore your obvious daftness..... <P>Oh yeah. and if this post displeases you, well tough nuts. I'm sick of people coming in and ragging on the members. <P><BR>That's all I will say.......<P>Beleive me there is more!<P>BarkleyN

garthine
03-21-2000, 11:29 AM
I LOVE PLANET GARTH THE FANS ARE MOST CARING PEOPLE I KNOW IF WASNT FOR PAT MY DAUGHTER WOULDNT GOT A AUTOGRAPH THAT WAS VERY KIND UNSELFISH OF HER TO THINK OF GAIL AND ME AT SPRING TRAN SINCE GAIL RECEIVED THE AUTOGRAPH SHE SEEMS TO BE IN BETTER SPRITS AND WAS RELEASED FROM HOSPITAL TODAY STILL GOING THRU MORE CHEMO KERRY THANKS TO YOU FOR PICTURES CHERYL THANKS FOR AUSTIN CITY LIMITS BRIAN THANKS FOR HELPING ME FIND BETTER WAY GET HUNGRY YEARS JASON FOR GOING MAKE ME A COPY BY THE WAY MONEY IN MAIL THANKS TO PJ MONICA FOR OFFERING REPRINTS MONICA MONEY IN MAIL THANKS PLANET GARTH THE BEST N

Jules
03-21-2000, 11:30 AM
I come here for several reasons:<BR>1. Because it is the best place to find info on GB.<BR>2. The people here (most of them) are VERY nice - and fun - I can always count on finding a good laugh here.<P>Sorry, I know it said to give just 1 reason...<P>And to Barkley,<P>I couldn't agree more!!!!<P>Betina<BR>N

Snow
03-21-2000, 11:37 AM
One reason... one word.... FUN!<P><BR>BTW... it also is a welcome relaxation from my very busy REAL life. I have so much REAL life that it's nice to sit down ... have a glass of Coke and visit with Garthfriends.<P>What are Garthfriends? Well they are the most wonderful people... they share a love of the music... and they never think that you are nuts for loving it... as a matter of fact they will argue that they are even more GARTHNUTS than you are! :)N

Pilgrim
03-21-2000, 12:44 PM
I agree with Tommy and Snow :)<P><B>Garthine</B><P>You're welcome :D :D<P>hey! I'm glad your daughter was released from the hospital :D :D<BR>I hope she improve ALOT!<P>BrianN

Patty8660
03-21-2000, 01:14 PM
I'm going to duplicate Snow's answer...<P>FUN!!!<P>Also very interesting at times!<P>Patty :)N

Jen19
03-21-2000, 02:22 PM
Well, let me say.. wow what a great topic and an easier answer too..<P>Planetgarth had brought me closer to Garth in so many ways. With it I would have never gotten up the courage to go met him in NY or go to Florida for ST. And about getting out of our houses and meeting each other... Uh yes I have done that too.. and never ever been disappointed. My Garth pals have turned out to be such great people and Planet is just another way for all of Garth fans to be connected. Its a wonderful place for me to come to find out what Garth is doing share my options on it and get great fed back from all these great Garth fans. Okay I'm done. <P>PlanetGarth has been my answered prayer.<P>JenN

AbsoluteNJGarthNut
03-21-2000, 05:45 PM
Hawk, I will agree here with what everyone else has said...GREAT TOPIC!<P>PlanetGarth means Friends, Fun, Laughs, Tears, Joy. Its everything all rolled up into one. <P>Like Jen said it was because of PlanetGarth that I was able to meet him and to learn more about him. I was became a fan of his music, but because of PG I became a fan of the man as well.<P>I too have met alot of people from this website (like Jen for example) and have not only found fellow Garthnutts to share adventures with but people I'm very proud to call friends!<P>I think we should all stand up and send a big round of applause to Brandon and Monica for the wonderful job they do on this site.<P>***CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP******<P>thanks!<BR>Karin<BR>N

Hawk7lte
03-21-2000, 06:51 PM
Yep - Planet Garth is all that and more....and thanks is due to those that have made it that way (big smile and thumbs up to Brandon and the moderators).<P>And I know I suggested one reason - but I'll bet there are several for most...so feel free to add thoughts at will.<P>I want to add how much I enjoy the creativity of everyone too....not only poems, stories but ideas, jokes, parties, snowfights, and different views.<P>It's an up way to start or end a day.<P><BR>HawkN

smitten
03-21-2000, 07:08 PM
Thanks Hawke....eloquently put!<P>In days of old, correspondence ie letter writing was quite the art. We are now very lucky that we can write and get instantaneous replys to our posts. All of us have busy lives that we live offline, but the nice thing is to come here, be entertained, knowing we have a common bond of Garth, and appreciation for the man and his music.<P>I remember a post not so long ago, where it was espoused that PG'ers should be allowed to critisize Garth as well as send the accolades. I had a think about it, and it is like your life partner (or significant other), you know they have warts and all, but you only see the good, the other bits don't even warrant a fleeting thought.<P>So while I can listen and hear, and absorb others points of view, and appreciate them, even though they are different from mine, you won't find me hanging around 'dissing <BR>Garth. I have rose coloured glasses on, and they are staying.<P>Thanks to Monica and Brandon, and all the regulars at PG.<P>IT JUST FEELS LIKE HOME :) N

zulu
03-22-2000, 12:13 AM
<B>Hawke</B><P>Great Topic. <BR>The only problem is I can't only state one reason for coming here to PG. There a several reasons, but to me the most important one is that I have made some fantastic friends on here, through our love and Respect of Garth and his Music :D<BR>If it wasn't for PG I would not have met my Garth Angel <B>Karla</B>, nor my <B>FRIENDS, Pilgrim, GarthRolls and Ladyg</B> (just to mention some).<P>This is also one of the only places where I can get reliable info on DaMan (seeing that I live on the other side of the pond) as well as have a good time, fun and laugh a lot :D :D:.<P>It's just a pity that from time to time we get some sour grapes who come here just to cause a stirr. But it's still the best place to be on the WEB that's for sure.<P>Zulu N

angelamccann
03-22-2000, 03:23 AM
To add my 10 cents to all the comments about friendship and home that I agree with wholeheartedly, PG and other GB/CG sites are my link with other fans around the world. I've met other fans here in the UK, and been in touch with many elsewhere (some of whom I hope to meet soon, please God). There is no warmer or more loving fan community than Garth's, which is something else he must be proud of.<P>Oh, yes - and Garth lurks here occasionally, doesn't he? Stand up and say hi to the man!<P>Angela xN

luvsgarth62
03-22-2000, 05:11 AM
To me, PG is like a bunch of friends getting together and talking about the one thing they have in common. Garth. It's like when you go to the mall or whatever on the weekends with your friends and laugh and talk. It's all about communication and friendship I didn't have before I came here. PG rules :)<P>-AliciaN

MelMalovesGB4eva
03-22-2000, 05:50 AM
I am a Garth addict. So to me Planet Garth is a place where I can find out everything this man is doing. Finding PG helped me realize I am not alone--that I am not weird for being 32 and having an obsession for this man. I also know that he is as genuine and sweet as he seems and so are his fans. N

ThankGod4Garth
03-22-2000, 06:08 AM
Hey, <P>I just want to say that when it comes to PG, and the people here, I can compare it to Saturday at ST. There were *a lot* of people there to get autographs, but it was a *long* wait ( which Garth warned us about). The 200 or so people left were there because they love *Garth* not because they wanted an autograph to sell and everything was so nice.<P>PG is the same way, the people who are here for Garth will always be here and they're a great bunch of people to talk Garth talk with. :) Not to mention, now that my PC is running smoothly, PG let's me know exactly what going on with all things Garth ;) Garth changed my life (before ST), and I want to give him all the support I can.<P>Ok...back to writing papers now...::groan::<BR> N

OHBAL
03-22-2000, 08:00 AM
I found my way to PG just last November. Initially, I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss any of Garth's TV appearances.<P>I've never been one to use my computer as anything but a tool or an appliance. I'd get on, find out what I needed and get off-line.<P>Then, I found myself craving my daily PG fix. What an amazing array of people there are here! There's not been a day that I haven't laughed out load at some post. And the Open Forum...never know WHAT's going to pop up there!<P>My thanks to Brandon, Monica, the moderators and particularly the other PGers (even the ones that prefer NOT to dwell in the Garthgutter). :D<P>Bev<P>N

OHBAL
03-22-2000, 08:03 AM
There's not been a day that I haven't laughed out LOAD????? (should be LOUD) Sorry guys, even you haven't made me laugh that hard. :o <P>BevN

garthette
03-22-2000, 09:15 AM
Well excuse me for just saying my opinion and making my observation. I really didn't expect that you guys would be so defensive I really didn't mean any offense. Lighten up!N

ThankGod4Garth
03-22-2000, 10:19 AM
garthette-- as far as this statement goes: <P>"Um .... I really think that this is a sad topic. The fact that people feel so strongly for a website really sadens me. Wouldn't it be nice if we all got out of our houses and met real people instead of staring at a computer screen and typing for hours upon end."<P><BR>1. We do know "real" people and each of *us* is real. We each have hopes, dreams, and problems. We all love Garth because he has changed our life in some way or another. That special affection for this special man is generally hard to share with people who don't understand it because they have not experienced this themselves so we come here to a place where we are welcomed by people who share the same understanding we have of how special GB is. Having finally talked with GB myself, I can tell you from personal experience that he is a very special man. He stayed for **HOURS** talking to fans and signing autograughs at ST even when the crowds turned ugly tryng to get his attention. Most of the ballplayers swept right by their fans. Basically, we give back what he gives to us. He respects and honors us--we respect and honor him and this is one way we show it. <P><BR> "I know many of you don't agree with me considering that this has become apart of your daily routine- talking to people on a website about a singer that you have all so idolized. He's really nothing special, that's all I have to say about that"<P><BR>2. He is special to *US*. He has changed us each in some way, either through personal experience or his songs-- all for the better. He has touched our hearts. If you haven't had that experience then there is no way to understand us and why we love to come here. It isn't about whether we know other people because of course we do-- it's about being able come somewhere where we are free to talk about the man who changed our lives and knowing that the people there will understand where we are coming from. If we all lived close to each other, I'd never be home ;) I'd be hanging with them all the time :) but we don't so, when I can, I come here.<BR> <P>You gave your opinion and that's fine, but there is a way to give an opinion that doesn't belittle the people you're talking about by implying there is something wrong with them. Or am I way off on all of this guys?N

Snow
03-22-2000, 12:02 PM
"Garthette"...<P>If you had stated it more like an opinion and less as a judgement against people you know nothing about... perhaps people wouldn't be so defensive.<P>If someone makes a broad generalization and judgement about a group of people then they should not be offended when that group of people disagrees with them.<P>Being new here you have no idea about the benefits that we derive from our membership. Just off of the top of the head I can think of 3 benefits (other than fun and friendship) that I've received from these wonderful people.<P>One Garth-Angel was sweet enough to send me photographs and collector mechandise of Garth. No charge! Just sharing out of the goodness of her heart.<P>Another Garth-Angel mailed me her copy of the last SNL episode that Garth was in so that I could copy it... still no charge... just because she is a wonderful person.<P>Still a third went out and bought a bear and took her own time and money to mail it around to as many Garthnutts as she could so that they could include pins, letters, and photos. She then presented the bear (Miles, Jr.) to Garth at Spring Training. I was lucky enough to participate and since I've never been able to see the man in person, it's just a really nice feeling to know that he has some idea that we are all out here.<P>There are a million other amazing and good hearted things that members here have done for each other. They've gotten tickets for each other... they've gone on trips to see Garth together.<P>Perhaps you have been just a little bit too quick to make such judgements.N

nelty
03-22-2000, 12:08 PM
This site... is very additive..LOL :)<P>It's a site where I come almost every hour or every chance I get on a online computer. The people here are good people. The kind where you can call friends. and we all share a common interest which is Garth. I would say that I spend 90% of my surfing here.... :)<P>Nelly<BR>Garth fans ARE the BEST<BR>Garth fan alwaysN

LVGB4EVER
03-22-2000, 12:10 PM
:) OK everyone this is supposed to be a GOOD topic let's not spoil it cause I would really rather not close it OK!! :) ignore means more :)<P>To answer the question,<P>PG means <B> EVERYTHING TO ME</B> Lot's of great topics and Lot's of <B>Wonderful Friends</B><P>Thanks for the Topic<BR>Sue ;)<P>Keep it fun guy's!!!N

dbwelch
03-22-2000, 12:36 PM
PG used to mean pregnancy. So I keep coming here to meet friends in the waiting room and see what Garth is giving birth to next. <BR>Donna N

Snow
03-22-2000, 01:13 PM
You're right Sue. :)<P>Guess I'll just SIMMA DAN NA :)N

ThankGod4Garth
03-22-2000, 02:27 PM
Go Snow!! <P>Thanks for saying all the other things I was thinking. :)N

SweetGBFan
03-22-2000, 02:38 PM
I come to Planet Garth because there are alot of good topics and I can find out everything I need to know about Garth. I also think the people that come here are nice. Garthette are you a fan of Garths? If not why do you come here, although you are welcome, but please dont be so negative and say things that you dont really know about..N

Teach
03-22-2000, 04:08 PM
I started coming here to find out about GB and his schedule and I ended up finding friends. I come here every morning and always find something to make my day a little brighter. The people are terrific and I truly consider them my friends. As I have said many times before, Thanks to Brandon and Monica for such a great place. N

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
03-22-2000, 07:57 PM
PG + nutts = FUN!<P>Thanks Brandon and all of you wonderful moderators :)<P>CCN

Hawk7lte
03-27-2000, 07:48 AM
It's the people and the interactions that please me the most. I keep looking for what about this board is different from most; and I think its a combination of some of the best traits in people including genuineness, caring, versatility, and creativetess within a safe atmosphere that strives to maintain trust and respect for all.<P>Pat yourselves on the back regular posters....you too make the planet what it is....<P><BR>Hawk N

RckyMtnGirl@hrt
03-27-2000, 09:41 AM
Eloquently put Hawk :)<P>CCN

GRTH FAN
04-01-2000, 01:04 PM
WHAT GB MEANS TO ME? "A FRIEND TO ME" "FRIENDS IN LOW AND HIGH PLACES" AND "IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES, THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR STORIES AND THOUGHTS ABOUT THE GREATEST MAN!!!"<BR>Donna :)N

phillygirl4garth
04-08-2000, 08:26 AM
What Planet Garth means to me....<P>....A place where no mater how long you stay away, you can always come home....<P>....A place where I can vent....<P>....A place where I can listen....<P>....The people....ya know, those "sleeping" on the sidewalk all night just to get tickets kind of nutts :)....<P>....A place to be me :)....<P>DeniseN

TYLER
04-08-2000, 09:25 AM
JUST A COUPLE OF THINGS IT MEANS PEOPLE GET ALONG SHARING FELLINGS AND THOUGHTS THE MORE INTAMINT SIDES OF US PG IS A GREAT PLACE IT NOT ABOUT GARTH TO ME ( WELL IT IS BUT )ITS HOW WOULD GARTH SAY VERY COOL.N

LarsDenmark
04-18-2000, 12:18 PM
First I wanna say that I think this is a great topic.<BR>Now I'll tell you what PG means to me. I haven't been a member that long yet, but I feel this place is like home. For so far as I know there are not so many GB fan's in Denmark. At least, I don't know them!<BR>Here, at PG, I meet people who also love Garth and his music. Here I meet people who are, just as me, Garth'o'holic, a very serious desease. ;)<P>For me, this is home.<P>Lars<P>N

major tom
04-18-2000, 07:07 PM
A place to retain my sanity! My friends do not like Brook's music so it is nice to have a place where I can maybe meet new friends who so obviously do.<P>This is one very cool site.N

Hawk7lte
04-18-2000, 08:16 PM
Gee it's nice to read these posts (skipping over the negativity from a couple).<P>One of the greatest things as you read is remembering that what people say reflects who they are as people, i.e. their personalities. When A (person) speaks about B (person or thing). You learn for sure about A. The overall consistent positiveness that your posts indicate, speaks well about you all.<P>Nice bunch of folks - good people.<P><BR>HawkN

SpockSarah
04-18-2000, 09:14 PM
Hey all,<P> Well, this is an interesting topic. What does PG mean to me?<P> It means coming to a place that you can share your views about Garth, music, and many things in a mature manner. For the majority of the topics that get posted there really are no real ***** matches, and I respect that.<P> I love Garth. I have loved Garth for nearly ten years, and now I have a whole plethora of people who share that love. Love is a bind that does not go away.<P> Sometimes, when I am down, or sad about things going on, I can sign on and get some wonderful Garth quotes, trivia, jokes in the open forum, or wonderful pics of him in his wranglers ;). <P> It is a place to congregate, like a meeting hall, to discuss things we have in common. And in some instances, Garth may be the only thing we have in common... and amazingly that is enough! What a wonderful thing!<P> I hope it is here forever.<P>SarahN

SpockSarah
04-18-2000, 09:17 PM
Hey all,<P> My word got bleeped, so just so you understand what I mean.. the word was b****fest.<P> Sorry, I didn't know about the bleeping. :O<P>SarahN

NJ4GARTH
04-18-2000, 09:27 PM
PG to me is a giant family from around the world. Thanks Friends in Net Places......<P>Garth on radio singing the Dance while typin this How COOL is that!!!!!!!<P>TomN