PDA

View Full Version : Alan Jackson scares fan club members - They site 'Not what Garth's doing!!'

Chris Gaines
12-28-2000, 03:40 PM
Alan Jackson Panics Fans Fearing His Early Retirement
<br>
<br>(12/22/00, 6 p.m. ET) - In a recent national article, Alan Jackson was quoted jokingly referring to himself as "semi-retired," comparing his workload to that of the "little man" he primarily sings about. It seems that his statements so worried some of his fan club members that they called his management office, expressing concerned that he, like Garth Brooks, might be heading for retirement.
<br>
<br>Fans need not fear. Jackson has no plans for retirement. In fact, he will perform approximately 60 concert dates in 2001, as opposed to only 40 this year. Jackson will spend part of that time participating in the George Strait Country Music Festival.
<br>
<br>Jackson's new single "www.memory " is currently at Number Eight on Billboard's Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart.
<br>
<br>--Jennifer Gerlock, Nashville
<br>N

boppityboo
12-29-2000, 07:10 AM
HEHEHEHEHE ROFLMAO! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :):):):):)
<br>That's funny! :eek:
<br>
<br>
<br>Have a Safe and Garthy New Year!
<br>Ellie :)N

loreli
12-29-2000, 10:03 AM
LMAO Ellie, you are too funny :)
<br>
<br>Maybe they could switch? LOL
<br>
<br>
<br>LoriN

hugeGBnutt
12-29-2000, 10:08 AM
I like Lori's idea!;)
<br>
<br>.Ari.N

SueMc
12-29-2000, 10:08 AM
Well thank goodness for that - not that it makes much difference to us in the UK because Alan hasn't been to see us either! Still, I love a meat and potato man, and according to his song, that's what Alan is. We love him over here, perhaps he and Garth will come over and do a combined concert, which is about as likely as the Atlantic freezing over. :(
<br>Never mind...we survive...
<br>HAPPY NEW YEAR
<br>Sue :)N

Jude
12-29-2000, 10:56 AM
Sue - I'm with you we just don't seem to get enough 'country' artists over here. Why won't they play more country on the radio and then maybe more artists would come over.
<br>
<br>JudeN

Pilgrim
12-29-2000, 01:37 PM
Well it sure would be sad if he retired:(
<br>
<br>Well it can't happen anytime soon:)
<br>
<br>BrianN