PDA

View Full Version : Controversy!

hugeGBnutt
12-22-2000, 06:16 AM
Garth has had many controversies troughtout his career, but the question is......is it necessarily a bad thing? ..in many instances it was very good for Garth's career for example The Thunder Rolls (some were not of course) ....i mean it keeps his name in the news and stuff ...any thoughts on this?
<br>
<br>.Ari.N

jstensig
12-22-2000, 06:58 AM
The controversies have been very good for Garths career. No doubt. I'm quite sure he uses it for marketing his albums. He's a great strategist.
<br>
<br>I don't see it as a problem though, because Garth is not afraid to stand up for his beliefs. He has often caught a lot of flak for his opinions. Whether I agree with him or not, I'm impressed with his courage (I most often agree with him though).
<br>
<br>In my opinion he has a lot of "good" opinions. I mean - the way he looks at God, life, values etc. is very similar to my own beliefs.
<br>
<br>This is also why I like Garth so much more than many other artists. He has the courage and will to try and change things.
<br>
<br>JakobN

Ceespin
12-22-2000, 11:41 AM
Very well said, Jakob!
<br>
<br>Alot of artist's get confronted with a controversy and are either scared for life or never come out on top. Garth wages through his wars and still comes out the hero! It comes back down to respect for the individual and the music...
<br>
<br>Merry Christmas...Ceespin :)
<br>
<br>N

Pilgrim
12-22-2000, 02:20 PM
I am impressed he didn't pull out his six-gun and shot a bullet in the head of Paula Yates:eek:;)
<br>
<br>I think almost every other person who tried what garth did there would have done that;)
<br>
<br>BrianN

Hawk7lte
12-22-2000, 02:23 PM
Lol Brian,
<br>
<br>:)
<br>HawkN

Garthfan92
12-22-2000, 04:00 PM
I think controversy keeps Garth in the spotlight a little more, but it's not always a good thing. It hasn't hurt Garth in my opinion, but sometimes the fans. When "We Shall be Free" came out, it started as a hugh song on our local station. Garth had just been in town for a concert, and the song was getting a ton of airplay. Then the controversy over it strikes. Bam, they stop playing it altogether! I kept requesting it, but they'd never play it for me. As much as the fans love the song, a vocal few keep the rest of us from hearing it. Even now, they might play it once or twice a year! You can't imagine how thrilled I was when Garth was here in '97 for a week of shows to actually hear it on the radio 3 times in just 2 days(happy enough that I remember that little fact)! The same with not seeing the video for "Thunder Rolls". The controversy kept it off TNN and CMT. Garth has gained respect for standing his ground though. He's always done what he felt was right instead of what others may have thought he should do. I sure look up to him as a roll model when it comes to that. We should all have the strength to do the right thing instead of worrying so much about what a risk that might be.
<br>
<br>LisaN

fuzzwuzz
12-25-2000, 06:56 PM
Lisa, Garth is indeed the risk-taker. Look at Chris Gaines, who has hero potential written all over him. Need we doubt Garth ain't gonna take him to the max, and us with him?N

DreamersVessel
12-26-2000, 02:29 AM
Hey yall,
<br>I am the kind of person who walks around with those really cool rose-colored glasses on and a sign that says "kick me... I am gullible" on my arse. So keep that in mind when you read this:
<br> I am not sure that Garth is a great strategist, although it looks that way sometimes, I would like to think that he is the kinda guy that just stands up for what he believes in.
<br>"Thats all folks!" says the little pig on TV.
<br>Hugs
<br>Kim<P>(This message has been edited by DreamersVessel)N

fuzzwuzz
12-26-2000, 06:00 PM
Garth a strategist? Maybe. He does seem to always be looking ahead with vision or a sign from God. Perhaps his strategy is to simply use everything God gives him as he goes along. He seems very good at seizing the day while at the same time pushing the envelope up a notch.N