PDA

View Full Version : Reba's latest

SueMc
12-14-2000, 08:45 AM
REBA McENTIRE
<br>Iíll Be
<br>MCA Nashville 170 144-2
<br>
<br><i> If I Fell; Iíll Be; What If; By The Time I Get To Phoenix; On My Own; Youíre No Good; Starting Over Again; Please Come To Boston; Ring On Her Finger, Time On Her Hands; New Fool; An Old Game; I Wonít Mention It Again; Five Hundred Miles Away From Home; Talking In Your Sleep; What Do You say; Weíre So Good Together </i>
<br>

Pilgrim
12-14-2000, 12:37 PM
Ewwwww Reba:(
<br>
<br>I can't stand her:eek:
<br>
<br>Oh well;)
<br>
<br>BrianN

minnesotagbfan
12-14-2000, 09:18 PM
i believe that this album came out in the usa in the fall of 1995... why did/does it take so long to release stuff overseas??
<br>
<br>russN

Pilgrim
12-15-2000, 12:54 AM
Russ normally it doesn't take THAT long if what you say are correct:)
<br>
<br>So I guess it is just another nail to her coffin:P No one care about her;)
<br>
<br>It is normally 1-2 months we have to wait, but in most cases we get it the same day, or even before:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

SueMc
12-15-2000, 02:52 AM
Like all singers, guys, Reba has people who love her, and people who don't. She has a good following in the UK and these packed to see her at the London Arena at Easter time along with Brad Paisley, The Derailers, Ricky Skaggs and other favourites.
<br>Sue :)N

minnesotagbfan
12-15-2000, 03:16 AM
Brian,
<br>
<br>what i say is almost always correct :rolleyes:
<br>
<br>the album came out here in fall of 95 :P
<br>
<br>russN

BlueRose
12-15-2000, 06:18 AM
Bare with me on this because I only got into country in '96 and we all know why. So, Russ you're saying that "I'll Be" and "We're So Good Together" were simply released again on the "So Good Together" album?
<br>
<br>Sue, I thought that was a good review you wrote! :) And to disagree with Brian...I love Reba and would love to meet her someday! ;)
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>N

SueMc
12-15-2000, 07:26 AM
Thanks Cheryl. I would like to meet Reba too, she is a fine person, and it is good to see her making the effort to come to Europe even though country music isn't as well accepted over here. We are supposed to have around three million country fans, but when the major record companies release anything here, they always do their best to remove the country sound - which I find sad. Ah well.
<br>Sue :)N

minnesotagbfan
12-15-2000, 08:38 AM
ill be and we're so good together were not on the cd back in 95 here in the usa.. maybe the record company or reba decided to put them on there when putting the uk version together?? and it looks like what if.. a single for the salvation army a few years ago?.. is on there along with a song called if i fell.. the original cd had 10 or 11 songs and this looks like it has 15 or 16 songs so it is a must have !!! :)
<br>
<br>russN

Jude
12-15-2000, 11:11 AM
Sue,
<br>
<br>I saw her in London at Easter and whilst not a huge fan I was amazed by her show. Hopefully I'll get the cd for Christmas. Great review!
<br>JudeN

SueMc
12-16-2000, 03:09 AM
Thank you Jude, let me know if you don't get the cd for Christmas :)
<br>SueN

Jude
12-31-2000, 10:27 AM
Sue,
<br>I did get it for Christmas. great cd! and great review!
<br>
<br>JudeN

SueMc
12-31-2000, 11:36 PM
Hi Jude :)
<br>So glad you got the CD for Christmas, and thank you for the compliment.
<br>Sue N

Charles
01-01-2001, 10:04 AM
gotta love queen reba ..lolN

Charles
01-01-2001, 10:06 AM
i just noticed something about the song list...
<br>
<br>those songs are like from 3 different albums mixed in one...
<br>
<br>the title of the album "i'll Be" is on her latest album "so good together"
<br>
<br>and some of those other songs are on different albums....
<br>
<br>weirdN

SueMc
01-03-2001, 04:15 AM
They do that with British releases Charles - most US country releases are not released over here and fans have to travel to the US to buy their country cds or buy them at ridiculously high import rates from independent traders over here. That is why, I think, when a country artist is released over here, they remove all traces of country from the backing instrumental arrangements - no steel or fiddle allowed! :(
<br>SueN