PDA

View Full Version : The Christmas Shoes

splitzer
12-10-2000, 07:43 PM
I heard this song for the first time yesterday in the car and bawled. It's the lyrics that get me, the music isn't necessarily to my taste. The words are amazing though.
<br>
<br>Who sings it??
<br>
<br>For those of you who are unfamiliar, this is all I know by heart... the chorus...
<br>
<br>
<br>Sir, I want to buy these shoes
<br>For my mommy, please
<br>It's Christmas Eve and these shoes are just her size
<br>Mister, could you hurry, please?
<br>Daddy says there's not much time
<br>See, she's been sick for quite a while
<br>And I know these shoes will make her smile
<br>And I want her to look beautiful
<br>If Mommy meets Jesus tonite.
<br>
<br>
<br>Garth Always,
<br>DanielleN

redstrokes77
12-11-2000, 03:07 AM
They've been playing the heck out of this song up here in Ontario. I think and don't qoute me it from a group called New Song. I thought it was Alabama at first.
<br>
<br>debN

DixieChick4GB
12-11-2000, 04:26 AM
Yes, it's a Christian group called NewSong. I have one of their older CDs and love to play it.
<br>
<br>ElaineN

splitzer
12-12-2000, 11:03 PM
Thank you, guys! I am starting to realize that it won't be long before I'll be switching the station as soon as I hear the beginning to this song... they play it too darned much. It's a shame, really.
<br>
<br>Garth Always,
<br>DanielleN

BlueRose
12-15-2000, 06:25 AM
You're right Danielle, my station's playing it to death too! It's a beautiful, heartwrenching song and it can be rather embarassing bawling in public every time it comes on. I'm glad it's a Christmas song though, because it would lose some of it's impact if they continued to play it on and on. I guess I can't complain about them too much right now because they've been playing "Wild Horses" 3 - 4 times in a 8 hour period.
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>N

meli
12-15-2000, 09:03 PM
I've heard the song once, and it's so incredibly heart-wrenching and depressing that I don't think I want to hear it again.N