PDA

View Full Version : MY VISIT WITH GARTH ON HOLLYWOOD SQUARES

gbkubfan
12-08-2000, 09:37 AM
Hey...I can now tell about my trip to see Garth tape Hollywood Squares and my meeting with him after the tapings were over. The whole thing was a surprise. I was told about the meeting a couple days before. I had to sell my soul but I was able to trade days off. So Saturday Dec.2 I met with a couple friends at the CBS Studios. We were lucky that my friend knew the seating coordinator and we had front row seats for both sets of taping. We enjoyed the show and in between tapings we ran into Garth's driver. My friend knew him and told him we were meeting Garth after the show. He said to meet by the Navigator after the show. So we met at the Navigator and I shook hands with Garth. We posed for a photo and then the four of us chatted for a few minutes. Garth was late for a taping of a radio special but he stayed around 25 minutes just talking to us. I asked him why it was so hard to get the anniversary editions and Garth said to me "Thats because they are limited". We also joked about getting old. I told Garth first go the knees, then the eyes and Garth said to me " But at least you got your hair and lots of it." It was so cool to talk with him. Usually there is fifty million people all trying for his time. We were the only four and one of our party spent the whole time talking to Garth's driver. He was very relaxed and seemed very happy. My friends (all who were female) were surprised that me (the only male in our group) wasn't excited as they were. I said, I liked Garth but not in that hormonal way. I didn't include my friends names just in case they want to tell there story. Just post any questions and I will try and answer.N

GBShameless
12-08-2000, 09:54 AM
Thanks for sharing your moment with us :)
<br>
<br>What was he wearing, how did he look, does he have any facial hair? :)
<br>
<br>all the important questions.
<br>
<br>RobinN

MelMalovesGB4eva
12-08-2000, 10:15 AM
Very cool! Thanks for sharing.:)
<br>Wish I could be so lucky.
<br>
<br>LisaN

boppityboo
12-08-2000, 10:50 AM
K, I just read this thread and went on to another, and it just clicked in. Garth is doing Hollywood Squares again?!!! Woohoo! He's been on twice before. Do you know the air date? What was he wearing? Stubble? Clean shaven? Cowboy Hat? :) :) Please let us know if you know when. Lucky you got to meet him, I would love to one day... sigh... Does he look happy? Well rested? Please give us lots of details for us Garth deprived fans.
<br>
<br>Have a Garthriffic day,
<br>Ellie :)N

gtbjunkie
12-08-2000, 11:15 AM
Very cool!!! :cool: Please tell us all the details! How did he look, what was he wearing, enquiring minds want to know. I can't wait hope someone knows when it will air. NadineN

BlueRose
12-08-2000, 11:23 AM
Very cool gbkubfan!! Please do tell us when the episodes will air and all the other vital information requested...please!!!!! Not to sound ungrateful for what I've gotten but I'd love to be able to have a moment with Garth with so few people around and not a hint of pushy, rude, selfish, always in his face people in sight. It amazes me that with Garth being the sweet generous person he is, that he tolerates or even acknowledges those people.
<br>
<br>Sorry to go off on that tangent but my hormones are raging right now and my stress level limits are being tested! :(
<br>
<br>Thanks so much for sharing! I hope you and your friends will post more about it!! :)
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>N

gbkubfan
12-09-2000, 08:06 AM
Sorry ladies, my Garth pals would have to fill you in on that..LOL. Being a member of the male species, I didn't notice any of that. I can describe what he had on after the show when I met him because I can look back at the pictures we took. Garth wore a baseball cap with his Oakley sunglasses on top. He had a gray mid sleeve Minnestota Vikings shirt on with a coppery orangish pants. I knew these were Wranglers because on of my pals commented on the pants and he said how do you like the new wranglers. My gal pals were diappointed because they didn't seem to hug his cheeks and were kinda droopy in the drawers. He had alsmost a goatee but it wasn't connected. Looking at the picture I did notice for the first time that he had very long fingers. Maybe one of my pals will give more details on the stuff he wore and I think the shows will be on the first week of March.N

gbkubfan
12-09-2000, 08:15 AM
Cheryl, I have been to Leno several times when Garth was ther. The pushing and shoving were terrible and I chose to stand back. I figured when it was my time, it would be my time. But I wasn't going to kill myself trying to see him for just a few seconds. Being surprised with this visit from my Garth pals was priceless. And then with just the four of us, we had room to stand around and chat. Garth was on his way to a radio taping but spent about 25 minutes talking, etc. The man is so cool. I have so much more esteem for him after this visit. Plus I got a thank you note from the girl who switched days with me, I had bought her Magic Of Christmas for working for me. She writes: Dear Dennis, I love my CD. Thanks for thinking of me and making me a GARTH fan. I love my picture too. Its been fun sharing everything with other Garth people. Actually Im, showing off....Love Cathy This was worth the meeting because I love when others become a Garth fan. They listen to the music and get what the rest of us do. So that was just as good as meeting the man. Well maybe not as good but pretty goo. LOL.
<br>N