PDA

View Full Version : It's Your Song Colleen

sasteen
03-20-2000, 03:19 PM
I have never posted here before but I read it at least twice a day.<BR>I just wanted to say something about "it's your Song"<BR>It is the most heartfelt,passionate, and sincere song, besides"the dance" that I have ever heard Garth sing.<BR>I just listened to it and every time that I do I just sob. My heart just aches for Garth over the loss of his mother. I just want to give him a hug, like you do to a small child, and tell him everything will be okay.<BR>I hope that when my 2 boys grow up that they will have the same love,respect,loyalty and love that he has for his mother.<BR>I think that this song should be released for all the world to enjoy.<BR>I hope that Garth is holding up and I know he will get through this because his mother is so proud of him and smiling down on him from heaven. She will forever be by his side in whatever he does until they meet again and can walk the path of forever, together.<P>Thanks for listeningN

Teach
03-20-2000, 03:32 PM
I am glad to find that someone else feels like I do about "It's Your Song". I get goosebumps all over when I hear that song and it always makes me teary eyed. I think it is one of the best songs ever written. N

Garth Da Man
03-20-2000, 06:06 PM
I totally agree with you both!! I cry especially when I see the video to go along with the lyrics and his Mom walks out onto the stage and hugs him and Garth takes off his hat to salute her and hug her back. This is the sweetest moment and also the sadest in a way. I also love seeing Garth be a Daddy like when he is pretending to be an airplane with Taylor in the video. My heart truly aches for Garth and the whole Brooks family!N

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 08:03 PM
Welcome to PG :D :D :D<P>Stay tuned and post lots :)<P>The song is ok I think :)<P>I have heard better from him though :)<P>BrianN

Garth_FANtasizer
03-21-2000, 02:35 AM
I agree, the song is beautiful and very emotional.<P>I'm so glad that Garth got the chance to record this for his Mom while she was still with us. <P>How proud and happy it must have made her!<P>~Ann~N

pldrw
03-23-2000, 07:45 AM
Unanswered Prayers was a big favorite of mine until IT'S YOUR SONG Now it's my biggest group favorite !! And I agree I hope my son will grow up to be like Garth!! It would be the greatest treasure a mom could have a SON like that!!!N

Hawk7lte
03-23-2000, 12:01 PM
Today is the benefit concert for the Calif hospital that treated Garth's mother up until she was flown back to Oklahoma.<P>I expect that this concert means a lot to Garth; a way of thanking those that helped his family. Yet it must be difficult too.<P>So many of us would probably like to be there in spirit and send up a prayer. This post about"It's Your Song" is timely. The song communicates so much about Garth and his deepest feelings.<P>God be with him this day.<P><BR>Hawk<P> <P>N