PDA

View Full Version : Picked up Tyler's CD last night. :)

Snow
12-02-2000, 06:01 AM
I picked up an early Christmas present for myself last night. I got Ty's new CD and played it on the way home.
<br>
<br>I've already noticed about 3 songs on it that hit me. I hope it does really well for him! :)
<br>
<br>I also got the soundtrack to the Grinch movie. Had some good parts in it but I was a little disappointed at first. It might grow on me though. :)N

Pilgrim
12-02-2000, 12:31 PM
Very cool Deb:):)
<br>
<br>So is it really worth buying??:eek:
<br>
<br>I have no plans about it if it is only regular country like the rest of the stuff around:rolleyes:
<br>
<br>BrianN

Snow
12-02-2000, 03:01 PM
Well, all I can say is that I like it Brian. I'm not sure how similar our tastes are... except for Garth of course.
<br>
<br>I find it to be more mello than Garth. Laid back. I don't think it can be confused with pop by any means... it certainly is country, but not in the twangy "my mother ran away with my dog" sort of way.
<br>
<br>The song "I drove her to Dallas" is a great song and made me think a lot of Garth. :) Of course I'm sure that Ty doesn't want us to compare him with Garth all the time... he IS his own guy and this CD does have it's own unique personality.
<br>
<br>To me this is a CD I'd be happy to listen to on a cold rainy day... wearing an oversized man's shirt that reaches down to just above my knees, padding around in socks... drinking a beer and just being mello.<P>(This message has been edited by Snow)N

Vanessa
12-02-2000, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I picked mine up last night, I have to wait to Christmas to listen to it though :(. But from what I heard, "I Driver Her To Dallas" it's a great song, so I'm sure that it's a great cd!! :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

fuzzwuzz
12-02-2000, 06:21 PM
Mine's on it's way from CDnow!N

annette
12-04-2000, 08:26 PM
Got mine from Amazon.com today....Love it!<P>(This message has been edited by annette)N

Garthfan92
12-05-2000, 03:09 PM
This is a GREAT album! I've been listening to mine a lot since I got it Sunday. He accomplished something on this album that no one besides Garth has done for me before--no songs I skip over, and I'm very much addicted to it already!! It is very traditional, which I'm ususally not THAT crazy about. Something about this album just got me hooked though. I would highly recommend picking this one up!
<br>
<br>LisaN