<br>what did you measure me against
<br>
<br>be thankful for
<br>your second chance
<br>
<br>
<br>-------------------------------------
<br>
<br>alot of songs are written about cheating spouse...this one is from the point of view of the other woman....and yes she's learned not to fall in love with men who are married...no matter how long they've been seperated :( .
<br>
<br>
<br>love and hot chocolate
<br>BV
<br>
<br>N

nelty
11-28-2000, 09:30 PM
this one's interesting but i don't know if it's just me or it's just a little hard to understand.
<br>
<br>I had to read it a few times... I think it's me and it's late.. lol I should go to bed.
<br>
<br>So BV, you don't think women should go for ex - married men??? Honestly, I kinda disagree with that.. no offence
<br>
<br>nellyN

BlueVelvet
11-29-2000, 12:42 AM
no I'm not saying it's true for everyone....but it is for me...it's a little hard to explain but i'll take a whack at it..
<br>
<br>a little over 2 years ago i met a man through the internet ( a songwriters board)..he was divorced ...through a series of exchanges of letters, tapes and phone calls ......we fell in love.
<br>At Easter I flew 2000 miles to meet him in person....i stayed for a couple of weeks during which I experienced a sense of peace and fullfillment that i've never known before or since and during which he asked me to marry him and i accepted, BUT i had to return to my home to get things in order to move to be with him (he lived in another country).....I'd been home for awhile....gave up my apartment, my job, sold all of my stuff and was staying with my sister.......a couple of days before I was to return, I talked to him on the phone.....only to discover that he hadn't made any preparations for my return.......I uncovered that he hadn't been able to make the needed preparations because he wasn't able to seperate himself enough from his Ex-wife to allow our relationship to continue........all he could offer was hope that things would somehow magically resolve themselves for a future time........having given up what consitiuted my WHOLE life in preparation for this move......hope .....and hope alone....wasn't enough. I haven't spoken to him since. I to this day can't bring myself to be angry about it. I still love him.....i probably always will....but I will NEVER date another man who has been married.....if that means I spend the rest of my life alone....so be it.
<br>
<br>I know you didn't need my whole life story but maybe some of the song makes sense to you now.
<br>
<br>the line "did you throw it in the desert"...came right from his mouth.....that's what he did with his wedding ring when his wife left him.......I guess he didn't loose it well enough :(
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>sorry for rambling,....but there are some things that you never recover from...a couple of people have describe my writing as "haunted"....maybe it's because i am..I don't think I'd told ANYONE the whole story up until now.....and here I am putting it on the World Wide Web.......funny thing life....isn't it?
<br>
<br>
<br>BVN

jlm1
11-29-2000, 11:20 AM
BV,
<br>This one really hit home for me! You really summed up the feelings of the person on the other side of the coin, rather than portraying the "other woman" as the villian, which is so easy to do. I feel your pain, as I've been there and done that! Great song! :)
<br>
<br>JennyN

Pilgrim
11-29-2000, 12:03 PM
Excellent, but sad song:(
<br>
<br>I really like it eventhough it is a bit sad:)
<br>
<br>I never really thought about a relationship that way:rolleyes:
<br>
<br>BrianN

major tom
11-29-2000, 02:35 PM
Very moving lyrics especially after reading the story behind them, it gives you more understanding of them. You are very talented BV. :)
<br>
<br>KirstyN

BlueVelvet
11-29-2000, 03:17 PM
thanks
<br>
<br>:)
<br>
<br>love and hotchocolate
<br>BV
<br>N

nelty
11-29-2000, 03:20 PM
Hi BV...
<br>
<br>I know I didn't mean by anything.
<br>
<br>NellyN

BlueVelvet
11-29-2000, 06:41 PM
Hi,
<br>I know....it might have been good for me to explain it all the same....:)
<br>
<br>love and hotchocolate
<br>BVN

nelty
11-30-2000, 04:47 AM
Hey BV... ;)
<br>
<br>got ya... :) it's a good one though
<br>
<br>NellyN

kjsyong
12-01-2000, 01:26 AM
BV,
<br>
<br>no one felt the pain more than the woman in this song (i dont want to say who she is.. but i know :( )
<br>
<br>yes, second chance is a risk, a chance. most the time they are just trouble waiting to spark fire... bad turn out and such, but hope is still there... tomorrow will still shine with sun... things will still come around... the world still need to spin to keep things in order...
<br>
<br>BV, keep your faith, and things will be a lot easier when you are holding to your hope with faith as your strength... as we are all weak, and nothing can be our weapon except the faith we cant see... but it is there nevertheless... :)
<br>
<br>great writing, i love this... but how to sing it... i would like to learn to sing this piece. :)
<br>
<br>Kel.N

BlueVelvet
12-01-2000, 09:29 AM
hi,
<br>thanks again to everyone who read it and understood it.
<br>
<br>
<br>Kel
<br>As for singing it. I'm going to be working on getting a demo tape together....if you'd really like I could probably mail you one if you would like....though it might take a while.
<br>
<br>thanks again
<br>
<br>BV
<br>N

Lowland_Kid
12-01-2000, 12:00 PM
Hi BV,
<br>
<br>Beautiful song. And very close to home ;).
<br>The guy I met said he would never leave his children... we broke up and about a year later he left his wife and children for someone else...
<br>I am just really glad that I really got to know him (and fell out of love) long before that!
<br>
<br>MarjolijnN

BlueVelvet
12-01-2000, 01:01 PM
Marjolijn
<br>
<br>hi, thanks for the comments on the song.
<br>
<br>As for your experience i'd have to say that you are lucky....it's been over 2 years and i can't seem to move on....every relationship I've started has been a miserable failure......i know it sounds crazy...but i'm still in love this man...:(...maybe someday.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>BV
<br>N

littlebit
12-01-2000, 03:27 PM
BV,
<br>
<br>i'm sorry he broke your heart. And i really like your song. Yes, it is haunting, but it also touches your heart. i hope life will be a little kinder on you
<br>
<br>take care,
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

Lowland_Kid
12-01-2000, 09:29 PM
All I can do is wish you luck, Blue Velvet... I know that it can take years to get over someone... but eventually, you WILL get over him. Some things are just not meant to be.
<br>
<br>Take care,
<br>MarjolijnN

MDgarthgirl
12-04-2000, 01:20 PM
WOW, what a great chorus, BV! Buried treasure and all...
<br>
<br>I'm sorry you had to go through such a trying time, but look at what you were able to create from it. :)
<br>
<br>NashN