PDA

View Full Version : which song do you like the best

Charles
11-27-2000, 09:45 AM
garth has said he gets to pick which song is to be the last cut on each album ......
<br>which song is your favorite
<br>by the way i'm taking out "the dance" and "the river" knowing these are the ones everyone would vote forN

Pilgrim
11-27-2000, 02:48 PM
Belleau Wood, definitely:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

jstensig
11-28-2000, 12:31 AM
I'd have to say The Cowboy Song. That is one of his best performances at all.
<br>
<br>Just listen to his gentle and haunted voice
<br>
<br>JakobN

Garth_FANtasizer
11-28-2000, 01:54 AM
Gosh, I picked 'Wolves' but it really is a toss up between the three songs for me. 'The Cowboy Song' and 'Belleau Wood'
<br>
<br>~Ann~
<br>N

fuzzwuzz
11-28-2000, 08:13 AM
I may be the only one who would pick it, but my fave is not even on the list, "My Love Tells Me So."N

SueMc
11-28-2000, 08:20 AM
I picked Ireland, but also love Bellau Wood and the Cowboy Song.
<br>Sue :)N

#1fangb
11-28-2000, 08:43 AM
I picked Belleu(SP?)Wood. That is a very touching song that I think deserves recognition.N

garthsgirl
11-28-2000, 09:15 AM
Belleau Wood. It gets me every time. Come to think of it, all the others do too. I think it's the message of there always being hope for us to change. Garth's voice doesn't hurt, either, LOL.
<br>
<br> LisaN

angelamccann
11-28-2000, 11:04 AM
'Ireland' does it for me every time.
<br>
<br>Angela xN

Garth1
11-28-2000, 12:20 PM
I'd go for "Ireland" too.
<br>
<br>Paul. :)N

cybersadie
11-29-2000, 12:50 PM
Accidentally posted twice, deleting one. Sorry.<P>(This message has been edited by cybersadie)N

cybersadie
11-29-2000, 12:50 PM
Wow that's such a tough choice.
<br>
<br>"The Cowboy Song" is great because, like Jakob sort of said, it's one of those songs where the big guy really shows off those fabulous pipes. And somewhere nestled inside is that big ol heart. As my voice teacher would say "he was really on his voice for that song."
<br>
<br>"Ireland" I remember playing for about 5 hours straight on repeat after I first got Fresh Horses. And I also remember him doing this acapella version of the opening at a concert and realizing why this man is the consummate performer.
<br>
<br>And of course "Belleau Wood" is a song that I have NEVER listened to without getting teary-eyed. The first time I heard it, I bawled. It has also become one of my favorite Christmas songs.
<br>
<br>I guess these three all my favorites but for different reasons. (Sorry about the essay.)<P>(This message has been edited by cybersadie)N

basschick
12-04-2000, 01:27 PM
It's a toss up between 'Wolves' and 'Belleau Wood' They are both very cool songs....my favorite thing (basschick that I am) about both of these songs is the string bass part....listen carefully and you can hear it. Awesome!N