PDA

View Full Version : U2 Banned?????

Chris Gaines
11-26-2000, 10:27 PM
U2 BANNED IN BURMA
<br>
<br>U2's latest album 'All That You Can't Leave Behind' has been banned in Burma, because its pays tribute to the country's imprisoned pro-democracy leader, dotmusic can exclusively reveal.
<br>
<br>The track 'Walk On' is dedicated to Aung San Kyi, who was recently placed under house arrest by the government, alongside her National League colleagues.
<br>
<br>The band's official website details the country's human rights record, which they report is one of the worst in the world.
<br>
<br>They quote: Around 8 million men, women and children are in forced labour each year. There is an 'ethnic cleansing campaign' against half a million Shan, Karen and Karenni people. There are more child soldiers than any other country in the world. There are more than 1500 political prisoners.
<br>
<br>A spokeswoman for the band confirmed the news, but said the band no comment at this stage.
<br>
<br>U2 will release a new single 'Stuck In A Moment That You Can't Get Out Of' in January 2001.
<br>
<br>
<br>N

Pilgrim
11-27-2000, 01:10 PM
COOL:):):):)
<br>
<br>They ALWAYS manage to stir things up and get people to face the real problems:):)
<br>
<br>Thats why I like U2:):)
<br>
<br>What a pathetic country Burma is:(
<br>
<br>BrianN

loreli
11-27-2000, 01:34 PM
It is pathetic :(
<br>
<br>LoriN

minnesotagbfan
11-27-2000, 08:16 PM
most important question... WHERES BURMA????:PN

Pilgrim
11-27-2000, 11:57 PM
Russ,
<br>
<br>Burma has borders to Thailand, Laos, China, India and Bangladesh:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

minnesotagbfan
11-28-2000, 05:37 AM
brian,
<br>
<br>thank you so much!!
<br>
<br>russN

cybersadie
11-29-2000, 12:05 PM
I really love U2. They are just sooo great!
<br>
<br>N

hugeGBnutt
11-29-2000, 12:59 PM
Yeah i read this awhile ago:rolleyes: i bet Bono and the boys are getting a laugh out of this....banned? lol how stupid!... U2 is the greatest band is the world! go U2! yay!:cool:
<br>
<br>.Ari.<P>(This message has been edited by hugeGBnutt)N