PDA

View Full Version : Who like the movie "Frequency"??

kjsyong
11-24-2000, 05:52 AM
You know? i cant get enough of this movie... although i have only watch it twice in cinema... and best of all, i stayed 'till the end credit movie finished and for both times... i am the last to leave the theatre... and finished listening to WYCBTMA and reading the Song Credit (at least until they showed the performers and writer for WYCBTMA)
<br>
<br>I am sure most PGers get touched by the movie and of course the song.. if none, at least i do get touched... i find it really really really great of the way the song and the movie go together...
<br>
<br>tell me which part of the movie you like best!! I find the ending is very very very good, and with that song comes along.. MAN it is awesome!!!
<br>
<br>I like that when everything turned out well, and that his friend (1Yahoo) got his "Santa's gift"... and that his father and mother are back in the world alive.. and that his girlfriend/wife is together again (where oppose to the beginning when she left him)..
<br>
<br>everything got turned around and got changed... how nice... *IF* this is only possible in our case (or in my case...) when wrong be redo right, where what was gone be return back... that is all just depends on a little word... "IF"...
<br>
<br>I love to hear how you all think of this movie... :)
<br>
<br>Kel.N

boppityboo
11-24-2000, 06:52 AM
Hiya Kel, whoa, good thing I already saw the movie just last week on video, or I would have known the ending. :eek: Yes, it was a fantastic movie. :) I was home alone watching, (hubby was out) and he came home during the last 15 minutes and watched it with me. He said it looked like a good movie. :)I had to switch it off before Garth finished singing. Ken doesn't like to watch the credits... Oh well. A good was him giving his friend the tip about 'Yahoo' seeing as how we are all so net oriented. lol The favorite part ws the end when his dad came to the rescue at the end. :)
<br>
<br>Have a Garthriffic day,
<br>Ellie :)N

Teresa Morris
11-24-2000, 07:53 AM
Kel,
<br>
<br>I absolutley adore this movie. It is fastly becoming a favorite of mine. I just rented it again this morning actually.
<br>
<br>My fav movies are "Ghost" and "Titantic" because of their messages. Love doesn't end when you die...you take it with you....when you lose someone....you only lose the body...not the heart n soul.
<br>
<br>"Frequency" tells me those same things. It also shows you how completely and drastically just one minor event in our life can change things for us. It's also about second chances and hope for better days. Also its about making the most of what you have in the time you are given.
<br>
<br>WYCBTMA is the perfect song for the movie. You cannot watch the movie without the song running through you head and vice versa.
<br>
<br>My favorite part of the movie is when the Dad reaches out to the son over space and time and wood burns into the table the words "I'm Still Here." God, I was bawlin like a baby in the theater that night when I saw that scene. That just really struck me deeply in my heart how someone you can reach out to you in unforeseen ways even after they are physically gone.
<br>
<br>I believe in miracles...I believe in signs...very cool.
<br>
<br>TeresaN

Vanessa
11-24-2000, 08:03 AM
I LOVE this movie!!!! I agree with Teresa about how someone who's dead can physically reach out and touch another person!! :) :) It amazes me!! :) :) :) I love the message the movie sends out to so many people. :) I give it a 10out of 10 starts!!! :) :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

GarthFanCanada1
11-24-2000, 08:12 AM
I loved this movie. As soon as it was released I bought a copy from a friend at a video store! It's a very well written, well acted movie!!! The message is very touching, and the song makes the movie even better.....
<br>
<br>
<br>BarkleyN

Brooks7
11-24-2000, 11:00 AM
It's one of my favs, just loved it
<br>
<br>Of the whole year that movie and the Perfect Storm were the best (well my favs) the only thing to me that would have made it better is is Kevin Kostner was in it, he's also my favorite and he would have done great.
<br>I don't think I could have taken it though, with Garth singing and Kevin on the screan, too much for my heartN

Pilgrim
11-24-2000, 01:26 PM
Too crude for my taste!
<br>
<br>Only good thing is WYCBTMA:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

BlueRose
11-24-2000, 03:03 PM
This movie is one of the most awesome movies I've ever seen! I have recommended it to a number of people who haven't seen it. I saw it twice in the theatre and the second time I was the only one there. To me, the fact that WYCBTMA was sang at the end was an added bonus...I'd have loved the movie even if the song hadn't been written for it.
<br>
<br>It clearly made me realize that the signs I get from my Mother are infact real and not just my imagination. Every once in a wild, the smell of perfume will waft past me when I'm alone, among other things, and it comforts me knowing she's here watching over me.
<br>
<br>What had me crying was not just the part where "I'm still here" was burned into the table but when Dennis Quaid and the guy who played his son first realized who they were communicating with over the ham radio. I've since gotten the movie and can watch it over and over again...it's not one that I'll ever tire of watching.
<br>
<br>Cheryl
<br>N

kjsyong
11-24-2000, 03:36 PM
To tell the truth...
<br>
<br>I love that part when the table was burnt.. with the writing "I'm still here"...
<br>
<br>I know that was not possible.. but that was a sign of miracle that anyone from the different time and space "might" just changes something after all..
<br>
<br>yes i do agree, no matter how small a matter in our life, it will just become our biggest determinant of what will be ahead of our life, either someone dear to us will leave us, or forever beside us... it is not the body that we will remember, but the love that have been given and received.
<br>
<br>you know. for both times when i watch this movie in the theatre... i went alone... but both times i sat at the far back rows and watching it with full attention... and i do weep alone... It was just so strong with the amount of love and hope showing in the movie..
<br>
<br>I am quite sentimental kind of person, and anything that had strong emotion expression, i would have my tears flowing out my eyes voluntarily... even like the next movie that i remember strongly.. Message in the Bottle (MITB) (starring Kevin Costner -- one of my favourite male actor)... that was brilliant.. as it is also a movie about losing someone you love and hoping you can change something in your life to "have" someone alike back again...
<br>
<br>I will get my copy of this movie in DVD when it is in NZ... or other way, getting it through Amazon.com :) i will get this Frequency and MITB...
<br>
<br>If this Frequency movie was given 10 out of 10.. that in understatement.. i am giving it 15 out of 10... and i guess the movie critics that rate the movie as Sci-fi are just plain stupid and not even know the flow of the movie and its meaning (At least that was what our NZ newspaper movie critics said)...
<br>
<br>I have friends watched this movie.. but they didnt stay back for the end credit.. because they didnt know the beauty of the movie is at the far back end... the song that compliment the movie.. this movie is not complete without this song.. and this song has no meaning without the movie portraying the idea and message in it...
<br>
<br>THIS MOVIE HAS TO GO WITH THIS SONG!!! OH!!! they should extensively promote this song.. and slowly bring people to realise everything we do in our life will affect everything ahead of us.... :( :)
<br>
<br>I just love this movie... really, whole heartedly..
<br>
<br>Kel.
<br>(glad many of you enjoy this movie!!)N

CountryBee
11-24-2000, 04:24 PM
I finally saw the movie a couple of weeks ago, when I got my hands on a rental. For the first week of this movie's release, the video store was out every time I went to look for it. Anyway, I loved it and watched it three times. I am going to get myself a copy when it comes out for sale. I really liked the ending, when his dad turns out to still be alive. It was not what I expected, it caught me off guard. I thought it was a beautiful ending.
<br>BeeN

fuzzwuzz
11-24-2000, 09:38 PM
Brooks7, you mean you haven't noticed Garth(alias Chris Gaines) singing It Don't Matter to the Sun as background music to Kevin's For Love of the Game? Or maybe you don't fancy Chris?
<br>
<br> Kel, I love Frequency too(my husband kept saying "this is a weird movie"). Garth's song really gives it it's true meaning.
<br> Yesterday at Thanksgiving dinner my 6 year old granddaughter told me her other grandmom was now in her heart. She has been gone a few years now. But I saw that she really believes this and I thought of Garth and his mom in his. I think the movie helps us see the true reality of believing in that.N

honky
11-24-2000, 09:49 PM
<br>My friend and one of my coworkers really love the movie :)
<br>
<br>I would have loved it more if my friend were just kept complaining how the impossible the story is :(
<br>
<br>I LOVE THE SONG NONETHELESS :)
<br>
<br>
<br>:rolleyes:Tommy:rolleyes:
<br>PS: for the some reasons, the night that I went to people treated this movie like a joke :(
<br>N

kjsyong
11-24-2000, 11:47 PM
Fuzzy Wuzzy...
<br>
<br>:) yeah glad you see the story.. but in time when people see the way we saw.. they will understand the movie well ... just give them time :) they will see the light soon..
<br>
<br>and i think we all have someone dear in our heart... just as your daughter's and i am sure Garth's too...
<br>
<br>Tommy,
<br>I guess those people at that show doesnt really understand the important message of the movie... they dont understand yet... but allow them some time.. and i am sure soon when they "mature" in time they will understand why it was so great about this movie.. they will see... i believe :)
<br>
<br>Just to top another movie thought... you know Message in the Bottle.. (i have just watched it again in DVD :) )... try that movie.. and you will love it too :)
<br>
<br>Kel.
<br>(that's all for the love movie report for now :) )N

sthrn_cross
11-25-2000, 02:48 AM
MAN!!!!
<br>I haven't seen it yet! Ya know, there was a time in my life when I would have been up on every new movie there was! Well... I have all day! So you know what I'm gonna do??? Yep...I am going to go see if there are any copies on the shelves at the videos store!
<br>But....I do know what it is about!
<br>I have seen the words not possible written here quite alot. Ya know there was man who walked on water...not possible...Rose someone from the dead...NOT possible...Rose from the dead himself...WAY beyond possible!
<br>I think there are many things that due to human limitations we see as not possible. That the strength of the human spirit can reach out past the great beyond is not really that much of a reach for me. Haven't we all had the comfort from a loved one we have lost. Haven't we all had the touch from Saint or Angel that we put down to "luck"? I do believe that LOVE does go on...I for one am counting on it!
<br>
<br>SC...Listening to What Child is This on my GB Christmas disc. Tis the season of miracles ya know! (a virgin birth!!! NOT possible!...unless you believe)N

kjsyong
11-25-2000, 02:59 AM
Southern Cross!!
<br>
<br>Long time no "see"... :) how are you getting on??
<br>
<br>i am sorry you havent seen this movie yet.. hope we havent give off too much good-bits and spoilt your movie... :)
<br>
<br>you should rush out and get a copy of it soon!!!!! :)
<br>
<br>but i am sure when you got it.. you will enjoy it fully. :) wait for you to comment it here on the part you enjoyed most. keep us posted :)
<br>
<br>Kel.N

Brooks7
11-25-2000, 06:10 AM
kjsyong...
<br>I agree, Message in a bottle had me crying more then any movie I have ever seen, one minute your happy, next your sad, then happy, then sad, I wanted to die, at the end, OMG, it was so sad on that boat, I was not expecting that to happen at the end, it was a shock, and not many movies do that to me, usually you can figure out what is gonna happen.
<br>
<br>fuzzwuzz...
<br>Yes I did, I first thought that for the love of the game was gonna be boaring, but man it was good, all those close-ups of Kevin, WOW, anyway I heard Chris.
<br> there was about 7 of us watching it at home and I heard the song come on and made everyone shutup, I'm screammin "it's Garth it's Garth everybody quiet"
<br>I did not even know that it was gonna be on there, it sure was an extra bonus
<br>
<br>I guess my dream would be "being stranded on a desert island with Garth and Kevin together", I had better leave it at that or I'll get kicked off of here
<br>
<br>DorineN

fuzzwuzz
11-25-2000, 06:04 PM
Thank you Southern Cross for reminding us that through God all things are possible, by giving us the 'proof' in the things Jesus did. I believe!
<br>
<br> And I really really enjoyed Message in a Bottle too. I want to watch it with my hubby soon! Just don't tell him I want to be alone with Chris and Garth on that island, ok?;)N

sthrn_cross
11-27-2000, 02:48 AM
OK...I liked it. I can't say it was the best movie ever but good! I had tons of questions...What about Satch...how did he react to this in 1999? The Mum...did she ever realize? JRR Tolken said it best..."Way leads to Way" This is a movie that makes you wonder it gives you a premise and then you can use the imagination to take it further!
<br>I think it paled in comparison to the one I watched right before..The Patriot with Mel (now your talkin' blue eyes) Gibson. Wonderful movie. It made me kind of sad (aw heck, I cried my eyes out) to see what men went through to make this a great country...and now look...we have become media jokes over here. So much blood spilled in sacrifice and the most fundamental thing we have, choosing a leader, has become a circus!
<br>Another GREAT movie (get the tissues)...The Green Mile!
<br>If you haven't seen it give yourself a treat. It's hard to believe it is a Stephen King screenplay!
<br>
<br>SC who gives Frequency a thumbs up! :PN

kjsyong
11-27-2000, 03:51 AM
I have seen Green Mile.. that was fabulous movie too
<br>
<br>a miracle happened in the cell block.. it has some touching moment in that too :)
<br>
<br>think, Tom Hank and some other great actor too :) great movie :)
<br>
<br>Kel.N

boppityboo
11-27-2000, 07:07 AM
I just saw The Patriot this past Saturday night. I rented it, it was awesome. :) Needed kleenex the whole way. lol. Green Mile was great too. I've yet to see For The Love of the Game. Can you imagine how wonderful it would be to finally see The Lamb on the big screen, esp. if Garth plays Chris?... Woohoo! I'd be living at the movie theater...lol
<br>
<br>Have a Garthriffic day,
<br>Ellie :)N

fuzzwuzz
11-27-2000, 08:00 AM
Are you kidding Ellie? I already emailed Paramount that I hope the theater is ready for me to show up with my sleeping bag!;)
<br>
<br> The Green Mile is next on my list of movies to buy. I have heard Garth wanted a part in it.N

Journey
11-27-2000, 05:26 PM
The movie was AWESOME!!! Everytime I hear that song, I always for one moment think about Garth and his mother whom he loved so much. Very touching story.
<br>
<br>JourneyN

garthsgirl1
11-28-2000, 06:20 AM
I finally saw Frequency this weekend. We were at the video store and my family was not thrilled that I wanted to see it mainly because Garth sang the final song. I had heard the basis of the story, but really not any good or bad reviews (I just read this thread today!) But we all chose a movie, and Frequency was my choice.
<br>
<br>OMG, we were all in for a wonderful surprise. This turned out to be a great movie. You really had to watch every minute so as not to miss anything. I love a movie that you can't miss a moment!
<br>
<br>I got goose bumps when the words were burned into the desk. I had seen that part in the video of WYCBTMA, but didn't know how it worked into the movie. AWSOME!
<br>
<br>We all agreed when it was over - even the credits, that it was a must buy video. It's now on my Christmas list.
<br>
<br>Now, because of all of you, I have to go and watch Message in a Bottle again (Thanks! it's been awhile) I love that movie too. N

kjsyong
11-28-2000, 10:02 AM
Garthgirl1
<br>
<br>great that ou enoy the movie... yest it is a movie that you cannot miss the single bit of moment. it is a must see movie throughout!!
<br>
<br>have you told anyone that you want this for your christmas present? :)
<br>
<br>hey, Message in the bottle is great too :) glad that you will be watching that again... ;)
<br>
<br>Kel.N