PDA

View Full Version : Have Dinner With Garth In The Big Apple!

Lowell Miller
03-20-2000, 12:59 PM
I got so excited when I read this........until I seen the $8,000.00 price tag. But it goes to TEA. Some wealthy people will have a good time. *Lol<BR>It's a good thing and will raise lots of money. I live about ten minutes from the Grand Hyatt I wonder if I can sneak in????? Anybody thinking about paying this??? N

BlueRose
03-20-2000, 01:12 PM
I can't afford that price, but can you give us some more details Lowell?<P>Cheryl<BR>N

loreli
03-20-2000, 01:20 PM
Lowell,<P>Where, when, what, how???? LOL<P>Lori :DN

Lowell Miller
03-20-2000, 01:25 PM
Guys the story is on the Planet Garth home page. *LolN

Karen4GB
03-20-2000, 01:33 PM
I'd do it in a heartbeat if I had that kind of money. Hmmm...I'm sure they need waitstaff...maybe we could get jobs there ;)<P>-Karen-N

garthette
03-20-2000, 02:00 PM
I love garth dont get me wrong but I think some of you will agree with me when I say He's overweight enough I think that instead of eating a meal with him in New York that maybe a better idea would be to go exercise with him. I'm sure his cholesterol thank you much more. N

BigGfan4life
03-20-2000, 02:13 PM
Errrr....the asking price is a little high for me :o :o :o :o<P>PS - Garthette...maybe the meal will be low in fat. You never know ;) :oN

Anonymous
03-20-2000, 02:32 PM
Garthette, people have to eat to live. That includes Garth. It's not like people will be paying $8,000 to see him eat 8,000 Big Macs--now that I would have a problem with. I'm sure Garth normally eats supper every night. What's wrong with making some money for Touch 'em All by doing it. If I had the cash I'd be there. N

Teach
03-20-2000, 02:51 PM
That does sound great but I sure cannot afford that kind of money. Probably the people who have that kind of money will not appreciate what a great opportunity this is and will not appreciate GB as much as some of us would. :(N

ThankGod4Garth
03-20-2000, 02:56 PM
GB is NOT overweight. And may I say, GB, aside from being beautiful inside, is a goodlooking man, and he's much better looking in person and that's saying *a lot*. In fact, he was looking pretty buff this week :) Pictures and even the lighting at concerts don't do him justice...whoa is it getting hot in here...? If I had the money, I'd be there. :DN

smitten
03-20-2000, 03:20 PM
Hold on.......footsteps running out of office to buy stratchie lottery ticket......comes back........scratch........sigh. :(<P>Sigh.....won't be going this time.<BR>Will try again tomorrow.<P>CheersN

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 08:13 PM
*LOL* Garthette :)<P>He is a bit overweight (20-30lbs I guess), but nothing that serious :)<P>I think a meal every now and then doesn't hurt :)<P>BrianN

Garth_FANtasizer
03-21-2000, 02:25 AM
For $8000, I would expect him to see me home too. :)<P>Now for that, I'd sell my house! LOL<P>~Ann~N

nygal
03-21-2000, 05:21 AM
During Sunday's game, that was broadcast here in NY on Fox Sports, the commentator said that New Yorkers should watch for Garth at Shea since the first games of the new season are against the Padres!!<P>So, the timing for this dinner fits the Mets schedule perfectly.<P>JeanneN

nelty
03-21-2000, 05:23 AM
I would go.... when it goes to the charity... gotta love them.. :)<P>NellyN

honky
03-21-2000, 06:04 AM
Umm.... do you think Sandy would also attend the special dinner? I think she would ;)<P><BR><B>smitten</B>,<P>*ROFLOL* GOOD TRY!! I am going to do the same thing over here...LOL <P><BR>TommyN

BlueRose
03-21-2000, 06:04 AM
RFLMAO Ann!!! Do you think I could get approved for a 3rd mortgage for this??? <P>Ma'am, can I ask what you want the money for, debt consolidation, home improvement...? Oh no, nothing like that. I want to have dinner with Garth Brooks!!(don't think I'd be able to eat though...be too busy dropping my napkin under the table. :o)<P>Cheryl<BR>N

03-21-2000, 09:38 AM
Even though it does go to charity I think it is a little odd that Garth would think one of his fans would have $8,000 to spend on a dinner with him. N

smitten
03-21-2000, 09:39 AM
ROFL Cheryl,<P>But me thinks I might not get value for money since I would have trouble eating, you know how hard it is to eat one handed.<P>After all for $8000 I would expect to be able to have my hand on his knee for the entire time (just kidding!) :o<P>My only problem with attending this dream dinner is that I know zip, nothing, zilch about Baseball, and I'm afraid conversation would be a bit slow, especially since I would obviously have a drooling problem at the same time.<P>Smitten goes dreaming :)N

OHBAL
03-21-2000, 10:11 AM
I said this on another thread, but I'll just butt in here too...<P>$8000 for a dinner with Garth and 100 OTHER PEOPLE???? :( That's not worth the price!<P>That's a $1000 or $2000 night. For $8000, I wouldn't want more than a dozen people there.<P>BevN

BlueRose
03-21-2000, 10:14 AM
Smitten,<P>You take one knee and I'll take the other, then we'll see just how much eating Garth does!LOL<P>Hey, maybe they'd let us in for a fraction of the fee for comic relief??? Between Ann, you and me, it would be a dinner party they'd never forget and I bet we could make that clubhouse rock too! :) :) :)<P>Cheryl<BR>N

Snow
03-21-2000, 11:44 AM
Well I certainly can't afford $8,000 to eat with Garth.... besides... I'd rather sit on the tailgate of his truck and share a bag of M&M's or Taco Bell with him.<P>I will volunteer to waitress though! :)<P>Maybe he'll do a fund raiser that a lowly teacher can afford one day.N

smitten
03-21-2000, 07:16 PM
Cheryl....that was more than a ROFL I just did now :) !!!!!!!!!!!!<P>I haven't had such a good laugh for a few days! Thanks! You are tooo funny!<P>Cheers Ana :)N

Garth_FANtasizer
03-22-2000, 02:52 AM
Hey, if you both have a knee each, whatever shall little ole' me hold? hmmmmmm.... :)<P>So, this could be like a tag team dinner. We can divy up the fee, and each take a course. Depending on how many courses they'll serve, we could get a few more people in on it. <P>~Ann~<BR>N

MelMalovesGB4eva
03-22-2000, 06:02 AM
ROFLMAO-Cheryl.<BR>To funny. :)<P>Imagine the person's at the bank face when you say I want a loan to have dinner with Garth Brooks. Dropping a napkin sounds like a good idea. :)<P>Wonder if he'd accept the MBNA credit card. If I had the cash, I'd be there. Then again, if I had $8,000 I would have been at spring training. N

BlueRose
03-22-2000, 06:35 AM
Ann,<P>Tag team huh? Well, I'd like to be savoured(saved!) for last...so, ehem...would you like some whipped cream with those cherries Garth? *as she trips over a chair landing at his feet* :) Hmmmm, thanks for leaving that chair there, Mr. Valentine! Now, since you had Garth for 4 weeks, would you mind sitting somewhere else, sweetie?<P>Mel,<P>How do you think I got to Spring Training, honey! I tell myself I was doing my civic duty by using the "Touch 'Em All" card(yeah, that's it!). In the process, not only will the kids benefit from the proceeds but I've made the bank very happy. So happy, they sent me a thank you card! Wonder what I'd get for an $8000. transaction!!??<P>Cheryl<BR>N

dbwelch
03-22-2000, 12:13 PM
How many nights will I have to stand on my corner for this? Hmmm, let's just say they'll have to postpone the dinner until 2005. LOL!<BR>Donna(who is pushing list expulsion)N

garthine
03-22-2000, 01:19 PM
i cant afford it but would love to go if i could i would i bought 50 lottery tics trying to win money only won 5 dollars so i lost 45.00 is there only two tics available ?and if more than two has the money what they do draw the winner i just was wondering how this works sure wish i would won enough money on lottery but didnt Linda N

headoverheelsforchris
03-23-2000, 10:50 AM
I would only pay it if he dressed up as Chris Gaines.N

GRTH FAN
03-26-2000, 09:22 AM
I wonder if I have a rich Uncle out there that would pay my way to have dinner with the Garth Man!? I would pay $8,000 in a heart beat! Maybe dessert is a song or two!<BR>Donna (Wishing and a dreaming!) :)N

loreli
03-26-2000, 09:44 AM
Oh boy, you guys have got me thinking!!lol<P>I'd pay too, if I got to pick the dessert. ;)<BR> <BR>LoriN

GarthFanCanada1
03-26-2000, 11:39 AM
Lori,<P>What do you mean by "if I got to pick the dessert?" Hmmmmmm????? :)<P>Heeheehee!!<P><BR>BarkleyN

AmazedByChris
03-26-2000, 08:09 PM
Is that 'pick' or 'be'? <P>Cheryl, Ann, just don't all drop your napkins at the same time. I'm thinking a tug-of-war under the tablecloth might get you turfed from the place :). <P>Mind you, I wouldn't try it if Sandy's there. I hear she has a mean right cross :)<P>Merry N