PDA

View Full Version : "Murder on Music Row" IS NOT about Garth.

PCL
03-20-2000, 12:12 PM
Hey<P>Some people have been asking about this song, and whether it was directed at Garth. <P>Well, the writer of the song is LARRY CORDLE. Larry is good friends with Garth, and even wrote some of his songs. <P>The song is obviously about people like Faith Hill, Martina McBride, and Shania. <BR>They're not even an INCH of country anymore. <BR>Shania at least has an original style. But its not country. <P>Garth is original. Name another artist who has fiddles, steal guitars and banjos like that. He just gave it a little energy. Like Charlie Daniels. <P>Scott N

03-20-2000, 12:30 PM
I find Martina's music to be the same as it has always been she dosnt seem to be one of the followers of Shania Twain, Faith Hill has made it very clear that she wants to be another Shania. Suddenly bearing the midriff more, she's half naked in her videos and is getting played on pop stations. N

Karen4GB
03-20-2000, 01:56 PM
I don't want to argue about who it might or might not be directed at but its good to know it isn't about Garth :D<P>-Karen-N

BigGfan4life
03-20-2000, 02:18 PM
IMO, Faith wouldn't have been tempted to go pop if it weren't for Shania and her huge success there. However, I don't think Martina has changed at all.N

Garth4Prez
03-20-2000, 04:08 PM
What's wrong with Faith, Shania, & Martina?? At least they are turning the younger kids on to country music! I still don't like that "twany" stuff from the 60's & I don't like bluegrass either (except for the Dixie Chicks playing the banjo). Only thing bad about Faith is her new video, a little racy for the younger eyes if you know what I mean!! I still can't believe that she did that....oh well...<BR>I don't like the song b/c I know everyone is thinking of Garth. I think he changed country music for the BETTER!! Like I have said before, if it wasn't for Garth, country music would be DONE....there...there's my 2 cents....N

Garth2Gaines
03-20-2000, 05:19 PM
I think Faith is trying to emulate Shania, because she saw that you can be sexy and be classed as "country". But I don't have a problem with her "Breathe" video for 2 reasons, 1) I'm a man, 2) She HAS had 2 kids, and maybe she wanted to prove to herself and anyone else that you can still be sexy after you have kids?<P>dwayneN

Lowell Miller
03-20-2000, 07:35 PM
Sexey woman + Less clothes = :DN

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 08:00 PM
Lowell! :)<P>You are <B>SHAMELESS</B> :D :D :D<P>And I don't even agree with you :o :o :o<P>BrianN

gb-a-holic
03-21-2000, 02:39 PM
What is "murder on music row"? I must be clueless....fill me in?<P>daf :)N

minnesotagbfan
03-21-2000, 02:48 PM
"murder on music row" is a song that george strait and alan jackson are doing a duet on...N

GarthBrooksFan4Life
03-23-2000, 09:55 AM
Here is the Lyrics for <P> "MURDER ON MUSIC ROW" <BR>Nobody saw him runnin' from 16th Avenue, <BR>They never found a fingerprint or the weapon that was used, <BR>But someone killed Country music cut out it's heart and soul, <BR>They got away with murder down on music row. <BR>The al-mighty dollar and the lust for worldwide fame, <BR>Slowly killed tradition and for that someone should pay, <BR>For they all say not guilty but the evidence will show, <BR>That murder was commited down on music row. <BR>CHORUS <BR>For the steel guitars no longer cry and the fiddles barely <BR>play, <BR>The drums and rock & roll guitars are mixed up in your face, <BR>Ole Hank wouldn't have a chance on today's radio, <BR>Since they commited murder down on music row. <P>They thought no one would miss it once it was dead and gone, <BR>They said no one would buy them old drinkin' and cheatin' <BR>songs, <BR>Well there aint no justice in it and the hard facts are cold, <BR>Murder's been commited down on music row. <BR>CHORUS 2 <BR>For the steel guitars no longer cry and you can't hear <BR>fiddles play, <BR>With drums and rock & roll guitars mixed right up in your face <BR>Why the Hag he wouldn't have a chance on today's radio, <BR>Since they commited murder down on music row. <P>Why they even tell the Possum to pack up and go back home, <BR>There's been an awful murder down on music row.<P>I thought I would post it for the ones that don't know the song.<P>Sophie<BR>N

headoverheelsforchris
03-23-2000, 11:07 AM
I know some country stars because they are played on the station I listen to, Shania Twain, Faith Hill and Lonestar. I do not care for any of them but Shania is somewhat ok. I guess you could count me hearing Garth Brooks on there to since I heard Chris Gaines. Dosn't that confuse you guys? I'ts like "Chris Gaines is on the radio" "No its not thats Garth Brooks"N