PDA

View Full Version : Garth Museum?

Paula
06-13-2000, 02:47 PM
I was visiting the Garth Brooks newsgroup and found this post that was interesting: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Hi. I posted here a few months ago asking if anyone knew of a store in Yukon that stocked Garth merchantise. Many (belated) thanks to Scott, Jason and Irene for your replies.Sorry I didn't get back to you before now. On planning our trip to America I couldn't go all that way, (I live in N.Ireland )and not visit Yukon, so having arrived in Dallas/Fort Worth, we headed up country to Yukon and Stillwater. Yukon is a lovely town and although I knew it unlikely to see Garth himself, I got a real buzz from driving along Garth Brooks Boulevard and seeing the water tower dedicated to him. I visited the local Wall Mart in hope of getting his Magic of Christmas C D and was gutted to find they didn't have any in stock. I (and my very kind husband who did ALL the driving ) then visited the Chamber of Commerce and talked to a very nice man called Frank Greer who showed us a model of a museum that the town hope to erect in honour of Garth and as his (Garth's) mother was a singer they would add somethings about her also. They hope to have this completed in about 2 years and without asking Garth for any donations. Having been a huge fan of Garths for quite a few years now the trip to America just brought him that little bit closer and hearing his music on almost every radio station was something else. I was also fortunate to see the video of his new song When you come back to me again. It's one of his best so far (only my opinion). Sorry for the long post. Just thought you'd like to know about the museum.<P>Jackie<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>N

Pilgrim
06-13-2000, 03:08 PM
Thanks for sharing :)<P>BrianN

NJ4GARTH
06-13-2000, 09:04 PM
Thanks Paula,<P>Very cool. That should be a very busy place.<P>TomN

MelMalovesGB4eva
06-14-2000, 06:41 AM
Thanks Paula. :)<BR>Now I'll have a reason to visit Oklahoma someday. :)<P>LisaN