PDA

View Full Version : Who should play ChrisGaines

GBinMyHrt
11-19-2000, 07:45 AM
IMHO, I don't think there is anyone that can get the people to fall in love with Chris Gaines the way Garth can.
<br>
<br>Garth has mentioned at times that he might want another person to play the role of Chris Gaines in The Lamb. Do you think Garth should play the character or do you think someone else should do it? Who would be your choice and why?
<br>
<br>Carmen (JellyBean)
<br>"How do you keep your feet on the ground when you were born to fly!!" Evans
<br>Don't ever let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you want.
<br>N

Lowell Miller
11-19-2000, 07:50 AM
Garth...or me....why? Because i'm the bomb baby!!!!
<br>;) No, seriously I only want to see Garth....hey Jason has the wig! :)N

hugeGBnutt
11-19-2000, 07:58 AM
I really think Garth should do it, it would be a big bummer if he doesn't:( *crossing fingers that Garth does it*;) ....does anyone have doubt that "The Lamb" will be completed? Garth seems to be losing faith in it, does anyone feel this way? Well i realllly hope he doesn't, that would suck!:( ...i've heard that Garth asked Steve Tyler(but he was busy) and he mentioned Sting, those arn't bad choices(he left out Bono lol;)) but i still reallly hope he does it, but i'm just hoping it becomes a reality and Garth doesn't give up on it ::slaps face and says to self "When does Garth ever give up?::;)....
<br>
<br>.Ari.<P>(This message has been edited by hugeGBnutt)N

wmcinnis
11-19-2000, 08:24 AM
I guess it really should be Garth doing it but to be quite honest with you, I hate the look of Chris Gaines. Love the music but just don't like the look:(
<br>-Susan-N

DreamersVessel
11-19-2000, 09:20 AM
Hay
<br>I have heard that Tommy Simms ( he is one hot cookie woohoo i think.. and I wanna write with him.... Tommy if youre out there...call me we'll do lunch babe. LOL ) is supposed or was going to play Chris in the movie.
<br>If it ever gets going that is.
<br>I also think that Garth should be in it...maybe as Chris Gaines currently...I think it was him that posed for the early ablum art?? Does anyone know for sure?
<br>hugs & kisses
<br>KimN

tearin' it up
11-19-2000, 09:58 AM
if garth doesnt play chris gaines in the lamb the whole project will be a pointless waste of time as much as i love the cdN

angelamccann
11-19-2000, 10:28 AM
The actual physical presence of Chris in the movie is really not that much - it's his music that permeates the whole thing. Having said that, if Garth doesn't play Chris, there's no justice in the world. I can't picture anyone else in the role.
<br>
<br>What are the chances of Paramount moving the film shoot to OK and only filming when the girls are in school...?
<br>
<br>Angela xN

MDgarthgirl
11-19-2000, 11:28 AM
Only because he has spent so much time and given so much to this project, I think Garth deserves the role in the movie. For him not to have it would be like seeing Nicolas Cage in promos for something and then finding the movie stars Matt Damon. It would disturb the identity that Garth has built up with the music and the television appearances. While Garth might see it as giving the role to someone else, I would see it as being taken from him.
<br>
<br>But don't get me wrong...if, for whatever reasons (certainly his girls), Garth gives up the role to another guy, that's his choice. I hope the movie has a story firm enough to stand on by itself.
<br>
<br>NashN

BlueVelvet
11-19-2000, 11:35 AM
I have to admit to being a little confused on this whole Chris Gaines thing.
<br>I saw a "biography" of him that Garth did on a program called "behind the Music" (at least I think that's what it was called)....in it Garth protrayed Chris in his post accident days and someone else (not sure who) played Chris when he was younger......I thought that that was going to be the casting for the movie.....but then again I also thought the movie was going to be out this year and unless I missed something REALLY big it hasn't.
<br>
<br>I'm chomping at the bit here......this is absolute torchure for the fans...lol
<br>
<br>Anybody have any REAL idea of what's going on I'd sure appreciate an update.
<br>
<br>love and Hotchocolate
<br>BVN

Garth_FANtasizer
11-19-2000, 11:43 AM
I would be very disappointed if Garth chooses not to play Chris Gaines in the movie.
<br>
<br>As far as i'm concerned, Garth is Chris Gaines! Anyone else trying to be Chris Gaines would be a slap in the face to all of us Chris Gaines fans. We not only supported the music but we defended and promoted Garth's efforts from day one.
<br>
<br>~Ann~ N

angelamccann
11-19-2000, 12:29 PM
Blue Velvet, the Behind the Life special was designed to give us a background for Chris - it's all part of the cleverly crafted way Garth made Chris live and breathe for us as though he was real (of course he's real).
<br>
<br>But in the movie, Chris isn't a main role - I think he's only really seen in flashbacks.
<br>
<br>Angela xN

Pilgrim
11-19-2000, 01:29 PM
Garth should play Chris IF the movie will ever be made;)
<br>
<br>I don't think so:eek:
<br>
<br>If garth doesn't play the role I am sure it will be a HUGE fiasco when released after movie standards:eek:
<br>
<br>BrianN

GBinMyHrt
11-20-2000, 04:57 AM
I heard (somewhere) that the script was back in the hands of the screenwriter for revisions. It's not uncommon for scripts to go back for rewrites even if the movie is already in production. BUT I think Garth might want a complete and satisfactory script before heading out to film...I mean, that's what I'd like if it was me. ;)
<br>Anyway, I think switching the face of Chris Gaines now would be like the switch on "Bewitched" ...People could not get used to the new "Darren." :eek:
<br>
<br>I have faith that the project will be, not only completed, but a HUGE hit. I just really hope Garth knows that we the fans want to see him play Chris Gaines. :cool:
<br>Take care ya'll
<br>carmenN

loreli
11-20-2000, 05:51 AM
Garth HAS to play the old Chris. :)
<br>
<br>Who would play the young Chris? lol
<br>
<br>LoriN

LVGB4EVER
11-20-2000, 06:47 AM
I thought Garth (Himself) said that he was not going to play Chris in the movie??? I thought he said he only decided to do the music for it??? If I am correct on this...then I am not sure if he will or not..
<br>
<br>In my opinion I agree with all of you...we all know Garth as Chris so,it would be hard to see someone else being that person.
<br>
<br>Lori,
<br>
<br>Your right..Garth couldn't possibly play the charecter of the young Chris....
<br>
<br>Take care
<br>SueN

fuzzwuzz
11-20-2000, 08:13 PM
IMHO, I don't think there is anyone that can get the people to fall in love with Chris Gaines the way Garth can.
<br> Whadda ya mean Garth? Chris made me feel his love first. Then I fell head over heels for Chris, and against my 'better' judgement, Garth too eventually. Man, the dude is intense!
<br>
<br> No doubt about it. We all know Chris Gaines IS Garth Brooks like he told us on the NBC In the Life of Chris Gaines special.
<br> If you all care to go read it, I have a thread going at the Chris Gaines section on a promo interview about the Chris Gaines project that Garth had done awhile back. There's a few questions left to go up. Some of Garth's comments are really funny/interesting.
<br>
<br> Garth had so many neat things to say about Chris and The Lamb on all the TV appearances he made promoting him. I've been rewatching and writing them down. Here's one from Crook and Chase. I'll post more later.
<br>
<br>
We are trying to make him as real as a fictitious character can be....If this project is gonna be a success it's gonna be like anything else-the people are gonna come save us.
<br>
<br>
<br>Sounds to me like Garth is really into making this work. On Conan O'Brien he said
I was not my first choice
<br>
<br> Does that mean Garth has been callin' the shots here? We haven't heard much from anybody else lately. Garth included. EXCEPT, that he was ready to step forward for the soundtrack, (which he has called Chris' "Sgt. Pepper".)
<br> Perhaps the music is what Garth would have us focus on, not Garth playing Chris. Plus he's not the star, the fan is.
<br>
<br> I wonder if there will be any Chris imposters after he's bumped off? Someone would need to play him then too.
<br>N

fuzzwuzz
11-20-2000, 08:40 PM
I just put up question 10. He mentions the things he's be comfortable shooting for the movie.
<br> There's one more question left, but it's in two parts.N

author
11-21-2000, 08:49 AM
If not Garth - then Lowell gets my vote! :)
<br>Have you SEEN him??
<br>JennyN

GBinMyHrt
11-22-2000, 07:13 AM
<br>___________________________________
<br>
<br>I think Brian Vaughn was casted to play the young Chris Gaines.
<br>
<br>Here's a picture of Brian and a younger Garth side by side. :cool:
<br>
<br>http://www.geocities.com/gbsweetp77/carmen.html
<br>
<br>Carmen
<br>N

Vanessa
11-22-2000, 07:31 AM
OMG!!! What a resemblence between Garth and Brian Vaughn!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) very :cool:
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)<P>(This message has been edited by Vanessa)N

GBinMyHrt
11-22-2000, 10:47 AM
<br>I wonder how old Brian is now. Does any one know?N