PDA

View Full Version : Sneek Peek at Tribute Book ....LOOK!!!!!

AZamy77
06-12-2000, 09:08 AM
I just wanted to make sure any Garth fans I have contacted see this!<BR> <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/cr_azfan/contents.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.geocities.com/cr_azfan/contents.html</A> <P>God Bless.<P>Amy :)N

boppityboo
06-12-2000, 09:56 AM
Is it too late for submissions???<P>Have a Garthriffic day,<BR>Ellie :)N

honky
06-12-2000, 09:59 AM
VERY COOL!! :)<P>I will start my section pretty soon...LOL<P><BR>TommyN

nelty
06-12-2000, 10:05 AM
Ellie,<P>It's not too late.... :) Yet..<P>Tommy...???<P>You haven't started? tsk... tsk... tsk... Just kidding.. ;)<P>Thanks Amy.... :)<P>NellyN

honky
06-12-2000, 10:08 AM
Nelly,<P> :o I am bad!!! :o<P><BR>I will start my section this week.. I will have my section finished before the deadline...LOL<P><BR>TommyN

Vanessa
06-12-2000, 03:20 PM
I just started garthering information about this. :( My bad. hehe. Could someone please tell me in a nut shell the information that I need to know? (i.e. total proce, S&H.....) This is greatly appreciated!!! :) :) BTW, when's the deadline? Is is too late to order? Thanks again! The reason that I ask this is because, my printer is acting weird and it won't print out all of the information that I need to give to my mom; you see I'm only 15 1/2 and I'm sure that she wouldn't want her daughter to go and buy something when she didn't even have any of the information. hehe. <P>Vanessa *hoping and praying that she still has time left to order.....*N

LVGB4EVER
06-12-2000, 04:07 PM
Vannessa,<P>Just click on the link above and you can see what the book will look like...it's kinda a sneek peek ;)<P>as for cost it is around $77.00 Canadian for a book...but well worth it :) it is 300 pages (Yearbook style) and will cover everything :) your name will be engraved on the front cover in gold print..something to always cherish :)<P>Hope that helps<BR>Sue ;)N

Vanessa
06-12-2000, 04:29 PM
Yes, it helps :). How much would it cost for 1 copy of it? What the cost for the US? Thanks! :)<P>VanessaN

nelty
06-12-2000, 05:27 PM
Vanessa,<P>It's $48 US including S&H.... and email gbcgfan@home.com if you want a copy please... that's me.. <P>Nelly<BR>Managing EditorN

AZamy77
06-12-2000, 06:23 PM
Sue, <BR>You described the book so very cool, I may have to get one for all of my children! :)<P>Vanessa,<BR>As you can see everyone here is so helpful! Just by clicking on Y@nkee's Topic, FINP Tribute Book Reservations, you'll find out everything you need to know about the loving effort put into this book by the greatest people in the world! NO PROFIT! Unheard of anymore..but not on Planet Garth... The book is priceless.<P>Nelly,<BR>Thanks for adding a little more information in case some people get knocked off their server (like I do) before they can get to Y@nkee's Topic! ;) I knew after I posted the topic I should have added more info, but you know the hyper child(understatement) I am. Hehe!! :D<P>By the way, Y@nkee is the one who really got on the ball and made this all possible..*salute!* ;)<P>God Bless.<BR>Amy :)<BR>Advisor :oN

HeatherJG
06-13-2000, 06:08 AM
When is the section on Stillwater Band going to be put up to be seen? I'm just curious!!!!<P>HeatherN

nelty
06-13-2000, 06:14 AM
Heather,<P>It would be up soon when the person in charge which is Mary when she is ready :)<P>Nelly N

Vanessa
06-13-2000, 09:53 AM
Thank you Nelly, Amy and everyone else whos helped me, I really appreciate it!! :) :) :) :)<P>VanessaN

SeaGBfan
06-13-2000, 10:29 AM
Heather,<P>Mary here, the one in charge of the Stillwater section. Is there something in particular you wanted to know or any thing you wanted to contribute? Please let me know!!<P>MaryN

AZamy77
06-14-2000, 01:00 AM
Hey Tommy!<P>You're as bad as Tiffany! LOL Maybe you should both encourage each other! See who gets done first! Hehe. N

HeatherJG
06-14-2000, 05:33 AM
Mary<BR>I was just curious as to what the section on Stillwater had in it. Email me at HeatherJG_65@yahoo.com & let me know.<P>HeatherN

nelty
06-14-2000, 04:47 PM
We are at 211 copies reserved.<P>NellyN

nelty
06-25-2000, 08:38 AM
Bringing this back up to the top
<br>
<br>NellyN

countyfair_85
06-26-2000, 02:45 AM
I have some very nice pictures of band members I'd be willing to share for the book...
<br>who would I contact about this?
<br>
<br>-DianeN

nelty
06-26-2000, 07:01 AM
Hi Diane,
<br>
<br>that would be Mary. marymcallister@carlyle-inc.com or if you go to the tribute book site... you can click under Stillwater Band. You can get the email addy too.
<br>
<br>NellyN

nelty
06-27-2000, 07:21 AM
Just bring this back to the top
<br>
<br>NellyN

nelty
06-27-2000, 12:42 PM
Go PG! Go PG! Go PG!
<br>
<br>Help Help Help!!!!!
<br>
<br>NellyN

nelty
07-02-2000, 07:07 AM
We are at 250 and we need another 100 to reach our goal.. come on people. :)
<br>
<br>NellyN

nelty
07-03-2000, 10:27 AM
Come on people now....
<br>
<br>NellyN

nelty
07-04-2000, 05:18 AM
The book is going to be great... so if Or if you just reading... just reserve one. we are at 250 right now. :)
<br>
<br>NellyN

AZamy77
07-05-2000, 12:11 AM
Yes, it is a limited number of issues being printed, so if you want the keepsake of a lifetime...after all, Garth's music is a part of our lives. But the gift that you're receiving is worth more than the price...words from "How You Ever Gonna Know."
<br>
<br>I know we can do this! I just wish some people who are huge fans of Garth's, but don't have internet access could have a way of finding out about this. So, one way we can all help is by at least telling our local DJ's about planetgarth.com and they can let it fly from there. If we could get every radio station in the US who plays Garth, and wants alot of knowledge on Garth, then maybe they'd each reserve one copy...let's see..we have 68 cities listed so far...hmmm lightbulbs! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)N

AZamy77
07-05-2000, 12:17 AM
I don't know if it's my computer or what, but the first link listed to see the Tribute Book does not work for me. But, the last link, the very last one where it says target blank, click on that one and it'll get you the "sneek peek!" Works for me!N

AZamy77
07-10-2000, 11:02 AM
Bringing this back to the top...July 31st is coming fast upon us. :) Remember to click on the last link that is displayed to see it.
<br>
<br>If you will, please add your comments on the book so far, as to keep this at the top! Thanks! :cool:N

fuzzwuzz
07-10-2000, 05:25 PM
I like the cover. All those nice photos like a collage, and how Garth is described as the man...the dance. I'm still learning this dance, but Garth is a good teacher!
<br> I ordered this book mainly because it has Amy's great story in it. Way to go Amy!N

nelty
07-10-2000, 06:13 PM
Fuzzwuzz,
<br>
<br>you've got mail. I don't have you on the reservation list. I emailed you to confirm your reservation of the book. Thanks. :)
<br>
<br>NellyN

OkieandloyalGBfan
07-12-2000, 04:52 AM
I don't know how often things like this are done for famous people in various professions, but a completely fan-done, very professional homage to a star but through the fans eyes is something new to me. I am SO excited about it -- if only it could be ready earlier!! I hope Garth likes it, and I hope Sandy likes it even more. I already love it!!!
<br>
<br>I only hope that all the copies are ordered in advance, so that I'm not tempted to buy more than the two copies I've already reserved!!
<br>
<br>BTW: Y@ankee and Nelly and all the SMs are doing AWESOME jobs on this -- if you haven't peeked lately, go over to the preview and take a gander. I can't wait!!!
<br>
<br>Deanna
<br>N

nelty
07-12-2000, 05:33 AM
Thanks. Deanna,
<br>
<br>you are right, The SMs and Yankee, ALSO including the proofreader, Helpers and researchers are doing GREAT work. :cool:(That includes you, Deannea) and I agree :eek: with you:
<br>
<br>-----
<br>
<br>I don't know how often things like this are done for famous people in various professions, but a completely fan-done, very professional homage to a star but through the fans eyes is something new to me.
<br>
<br>-----
<br>
<br>We don't often see that. We are at 264 reservations. Please email me at gbcgfan@home.com if you are interested. :)
<br>
<br>NellyN

AZamy77
07-13-2000, 08:20 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)N

AZamy77
07-16-2000, 11:55 PM
Thanks fuzzwuzz, You don't know how it warms my heart to know my story touched you so dearly. You know I only tell it like I see it, and what I witnessed was almost like a spiritual experience. Kinda hard to explain, but I do it the best I can in my story. I want everyone to know the Garth I witnessed...the kind, hard-working(he picked up about 300 baseballs one day and the big guys don't do that!)unconditionally loving human being. I really felt very good vibes when I was in his presence..as he made you feel like an old friend. He was like this to everyone....and surprised everyone! He was the talk of the town! How "More of the baseball players should take a lesson from Garth Brooks" to "Garth really sets an example for these guys." Anyone who was there was in awe of him. One day, Wally, a retiree who is the shuttle driver for the Padres, was sitting down having lunch and Garth saw him sitting alone and went over and said, "Do you mind if I sit with ya Wally?" Wally was a real sweetheart....Anyways it was funny, cuz I heard Garth saying all of this to Wally as I was bringing some ice tea for Wally. Then I heard Garth ask him, "Can I get you something to drink Wally?" And Wally said, "Here comes Amy, she got me something! Thanks Garth!" Garth said, "Awww Amy's taking care of ya pal!" It's so funny cuz they always got their drinks themselves, and I never had to ask them if they wanted anything, but that day, I noticed Wally had nothing to drink, and it's weird that both Garth and I noticed this, and both offered..hey, I beat Garth to it! YEA!! LOL What a gentleman he is tho. Wally said afterwards, "Boy oh boy, I can't wait to tell my wife about this when I get home! Garth sat with ME!" :) WOW! Powerful stuff! Stuff that Garth's made of!
<br>This is gonna be a great book! I can't wait! 56 Nelly?! :cool: N

nelty
07-17-2000, 05:55 AM
Hi.. Amy
<br>
<br>we are down to 54... :eek:
<br>
<br>NellyN

fuzzwuzz
07-17-2000, 07:35 PM
Amy, I know what I saw on that Mets field and I can't stop telling it like I see it either. It was a very spiritual experience for me too. Garth touches every life he comes in contact with. He aspires you to a greater challenge to go for in your life. Thanks for continuing to aspire us too, by sharing your experience and love of the man. And how he touched Wally's life.
<br> I can't wait to get this book and really take in all the fan's input. I'll bet it will knock Garth's and Sandy's socks off as well as ours!N

AZamy77
07-19-2000, 11:29 AM
You're welcome, fuzzwuzz. My pleasure. Just the fact that I can share with the world what a down-to-earth man Garth is, and the loving human being he is, is all the thanks I need. God Bless. Amy N

Y@nkee
07-19-2000, 04:00 PM
Just dropped in to say Hi, y'all! :)
<br>
<br>I've been really busy with my new job for the past month and haven't had much time to come here for the latest news. We're gearing up for "Back-to-School" since our District starts August 21st. I'm not driving anymore, 'cos I was promoted to the DIspatcher/Secretary to the Director of Maintenance/Transportation! I'm just thrilled to be the one behind the desk now, instead of on the other side of it! It's a tough job, but I'm definitely not bored!
<br>
<br>(Of course, taking a huge jump in salary and becoming a 12-month employee didn't hurt either!) :eek:
<br>
<br>Nelly just told me we have only 45 copies left to sell!!! I am so impressed with the acceptance of this project! All the PGers should be proud of the effort that y'all are putting into the creation of this "once-in-a-lifetime" Tribute Book!
<br>
<br>Keep on Believing!
<br>
<br>Y@nkeeN

AZamy77
07-23-2000, 01:07 AM
[/b]Y@nkee![/b] Great to see you! :cool: Way to go mama Y@nkee, you deserve that job! You've paid your dues in lots of 100+ heat to boot. You're one tough role to follow. Keep Believing...
<br>
<br>Hey, looks like we've only got 40 books left, so I thought I'd bring this back up top, like the cream of the crop, as Y@nkee would say! :)N

AZamy77
07-29-2000, 11:23 PM
:P How many books are left, Nelly? :P
<br>
<br>I applaud everyone who has worked so hard to bring this dream a reality. *Heart Pat* God Bless. Amy
<br>N

nelty
07-30-2000, 06:47 AM
Hey Amy,
<br>
<br>we have 35 copies to go. :cool:
<br>
<br>NellyN

AZamy77
08-01-2000, 09:25 PM
Hi! :rolleyes:
<br>Just bringing this to the top for newcomers! :)
<br>N

AZamy77
08-11-2000, 12:24 PM
This was falling on the charts, so I thought I'd bring it back up top! :P Everyone needs to take a sneek-peek! :rolleyes: Only 24 left! :eek:N

nelty
08-11-2000, 02:43 PM
Make that 20 Amy... :-)
<br>
<br>NellyN