PDA

View Full Version : Here's my story from the game...

changer
06-11-2000, 06:18 PM
WARNING - LONG POST***<P>Hey guys! I'm back! We had a blast!<P>First off, to Krista:<BR>Sorry I never got back to you and couldn't arrange a meeting - I wasn't sure I was going to actually go until the last minute....<P>Well the game was great. The security was tight - more like a regular professional sporting event versus spring training, which sounded pretty casual. Garth only interacted with the fans briefly across the fence next to the dugout, and that was ALL. The rest of the time before the game he spent with some special needs kids and with the wealthy locals who donated lots of bucks to the event!! Then we took off out the back right after the fireworks. <P>The crowd was counted at 21,312 people. However, I think that most of them were local sports fans. It seemed that they were there to see Garth too, but not real killer fans. I hardly saw anyone singing to his songs when they came on the overhead!! Of course, we were singing like idiots and getting lots of stares! <P>Garth was supper busy for the whole evening since he was the "organizer of the event". He was forever meeting VIP's and taking pictures with their kids. He spent most of his time taking real close care of a young man who I think had a mental disability who got to throw out the first ball. Garth was "responsible" for this boy for most of the pre-game time and stayed right with him - he even made sure to practice the "first throw" on the sidelines so they would do okay. When he got called away, he would take the boy over to another player to make sure he'd be taken care of - it was so sweet.<P>He was quite the clown all night! And I must correct Krista - he was wearing a T-shirt, Wranglers and REDWING WORK BOOTS! The announcer had a heyday with that! He just put the team jersey on over his t-shirt. I think he just didn't have time to change - he got to the stadium around 10:00 to do lots of last minute stuff and then had a press conference at 2:30, dinner break at 3:30, and then the game started at 5:30. He was invisible all day. <P>I got to meet a group of fans that weren't PGers - but all four of them had Garth shirts on. So I invited them to stop by the forums - I wonder if they're here yet?? I also met the worlds biggest Garth fan apparently. I don't know if anyone knows Devi from Canada. She drives a black semi rig painted with the the Central Park concert Big Apple/Garth shadow logo and the lyrics to his song on the side. And she has a full color, 8 X 4 inch portrait of Garth tattoed on her upper arm!! She says she's seen him in concert 14 times! Quite the gal!!<P>Well that's all for now. I will try to put up some pictures when I get them (JASON: HELP PLEASE!) And an article from the Denver paper.<P>Later...<P>changer<BR> N

Chris Gaines
06-11-2000, 08:56 PM
WOW.. NICE Changer!! :)<P><BR>Hey if you want me to put up your pics somewhere let me know :)<P>You got em scanned? then email em to me.. I'll get em up somewhere.. I got like 20 places I can throw em for all to see LOL<P>If you don't have a scanner.. send me Doubles in the mail.. I'll scan em for ya ;)<P>Just let me know :)<BR>JasonN

changer
06-12-2000, 03:09 AM
Jason,<P>I got the pics put on a CD. As soon as I get them back, I'll email you for further instructions (if they are any good.. :(). <P>Also, in case anyone is interested there are some news articles on-line at <A HREF="http://www.denverpost.com," TARGET=_blank>www.denverpost.com,</A> but you have to pay 1.95 for them since they are archived.N

nelty
06-12-2000, 03:52 AM
Hi,<P>thanks for sharing. :)hehe<P>NellyN

major tom
06-12-2000, 03:55 AM
Thanks Changer :) It sounds like you had a great time and I would love to see Devi's rig. Do you know if she has a photo of it on the web?<P>KirstyN

changer
06-12-2000, 04:07 AM
Kirsty,<P>I took a picture of it! Hopefully it will turn out okay and I'll be able to put it up.<P>changerN

Chris Gaines
06-12-2000, 06:24 AM
changer,<P>If the pics are too light or dark.. don't worry.. I can fix that :)<P>hehehe<P>I'm a good touch up artist LOL <P>*waiting for the CD to come in* :)<BR>JasonN

GRTH FAN
06-12-2000, 11:57 AM
Changer, I can't wait to see the pictures!! It sounds like it was a complete success!! I'm glad you had fun!<BR>Donna :)N

Pilgrim
06-12-2000, 03:46 PM
Great story Changer :D :D :D<P>BrianN

no1cowgirl
06-12-2000, 07:43 PM
Changer-<BR> It's okay! Yeah, I figured out the whole boot thing after I posted that *L* I was confused!<BR> Oh, and by the way, what were you wearing at the thing? *L*<P>KristaN

NJ4GARTH
06-12-2000, 08:31 PM
Changer,<P>Thanks for sharing your story with us. Hopefully those pics come out OK. Would like to see that truck portrait.<P>TomN

changer
06-19-2000, 02:27 PM
The Almighty Jason has put my pictures from the game in the Garthball2000 Forum.
<br>
<br>Go check em out...
<br>
<br>changerN