PDA

View Full Version : Saw Colin Raye in concert!!!

AbsoluteFLGarthNut
11-15-2000, 01:31 PM
Hey gang,
<br>
<br>Man, it's been sooo long since I've posted anything here at PlanetGarth. But I had just had to share this with all of you!
<br>
<br>On Saturday 11/11 I got to see Colin Raye in concert. I'm fairly new to the country music seen and I wasn't to familiar (at least that's what I thought) with Colin's music. Much to my surprise as he sang songs I caught myself saying "Hey..I know that song..I didn't know he sang this!!" I saw him at the King Center here in Melbourne, FL. It's a small arena compared to the arena I saw Garth in, so it felt so intimate. The crowd was rock'n and so was Colin.
<br>
<br>After the show my friend Kristi and I went around back to see if we could catch him coming out (thanks to my meeting Garth experience I had a clue as to where to go) The whole area was fenced off so we couldn't get close to the building, but we saw his guitar player come out and we tried to convince him to come over to us, but to no avail. The only thing we got to see was Colin's tour bus pull out. I was disappointed only because there was only a very small group hanging around the gate (only about 15 people) it wouldn't have taken long for him to come off the bus and say hi. However, I do realize how exhausting a show must be and he probably had to on the road to his next gig. Oh well, maybe next time.
<br>
<br>If you ever have the opportunity to see his show, I highly reccomend it!! It was a great show.
<br>
<br>Karin<P>(This message has been edited by AbsoluteFLGarthNut)N

Pilgrim
11-16-2000, 01:15 PM
Very cool Karin. Thanks for sharing:)
<br>
<br>BrianN

splitzer
11-17-2000, 11:20 PM
KARIN!!!!
<br>
<br>Where've you been, girl???
<br>
<br>Are you still coming to the convention? What's up?
<br>
<br>I'm glad you got to see Collin in concert - I've always wanted to, but never have. :(
<br>
<br>Email me sometime and let me know where you stand on the convention, etc.
<br>
<br>Take care, hun!!!
<br>
<br>Garth Always,
<br>DaniN

Jude
11-18-2000, 07:43 AM
Karin,
<br>
<br>He is brilliant! Really rocks but is also tender.
<br>
<br>JudeN