PDA

View Full Version : People on gb cd's

Vanessa
06-10-2000, 05:48 PM
Hello,<P> I was wondering if someone could help me in, figuring out who these people are, from gb's cs's: <P> - The Smittles,Mahls,and Holdens- GB and the Magic of Christmas<P> - Bob Boyd<BR> - Ty -both from Fresh Horses<P> - Mae Axton<BR> - leon Frazier -both from Sevens<P> - Amy Sacks -from The Hits<P> - Dawn Steel<BR> - Don Grant -both from Doulble Live<P><BR> Thanks for ya'lls help, I appreciate it. :)<P>VanessaN

Chris Gaines
06-10-2000, 06:03 PM
- The Smittles,Mahls,and Holdens- GB and the Magic of Christmas<BR>**Smittles, Garth's Sister (Betsy Smittle)<BR>Mahls (Sanndys Family) Sandy Mahl married Garth Brooks :)<BR>Holdens - no idea LOL<P> - Bob Boyd<BR> - Ty -both from Fresh Horses<BR>**Ty - England<P> - Mae Axton<BR> - leon Frazier -both from Sevens<P> - Amy Sacks -from The Hits<P> - Dawn Steel<BR> - Don Grant -both from Double Live<BR>**Don Gant (Father of David Gant) Garth's Keyboard player.<P>that's all I know :)<BR>JasonN

minnesotagbfan
06-11-2000, 12:59 AM
i remember garth talking about amy sacks in an interview once...she was going to help him help get the peace flag going and was employed by disney i believe..i dont know when but i know she passed away due to lupus :(<P>that is what i know about amyN

Pilgrim
06-11-2000, 03:16 AM
I am pretty sure Dawn Steel must be THE Dawn Steel who passed away in 1997 due to a brain-tumor.<P>She was a movie producer :)<BR> <A HREF="http://us.imdb.com/Name?Steel,+Dawn" TARGET=_blank>http://us.imdb.com/Name?Steel,+Dawn</A> <P>BrianN

Vanessa
06-11-2000, 04:19 AM
Thanks so much for ya'lls help, I really appreciate it! :)<P>VanessaN

gbfans66
06-11-2000, 05:32 AM
Mae Axton is Hoyt Axton's mom & she was involved in Elvis's life & also befriended Garth & Sandy I believe. If memory serves me right, they have donated money to a charity in her name or have something to do with it. I also think Holden's are family members as well.N

pldrw
06-12-2000, 02:29 AM
Hey don't forget Betsy's and Garth's older brothers are Smittles, let's see Jim , Jerome,and Mike! and their families!!N

bsaanh
06-12-2000, 07:29 AM
Ty used to be in Garth's band. If I remember right it was back when Fresh Horses was released when Ty decided to go and get a deal of his own. And now his newest album, under the name of Tyler England, is being produced by.... Garth Brooks. Also in the song The Old Stuff - on the Fresh Horses album, there is a tribute to one of the first people to have faith in Garth, Joe Harris. <P>Back when the old stuff was new<BR>Hats of to the K.C. Opry and the ellA GURU's<BR>It was one big party<BR>UNCLE JOE YOU KNOW WE OWE IT TO YOU<BR>Back when the old stuff was new<P>"Garth invited Joe Harris over to his house to play the song for him. Tears came to Joe's eyes when he heard the line 'Uncle Joe you know we owe it all to you.'"<P>BryanN

Vanessa
06-12-2000, 02:48 PM
Thanks ya'll sooo mucj for your help, I really appreacite it!! :)<P>VanessaN