PDA

View Full Version : Special olypmic Award

pldrw
06-08-2000, 10:41 AM
I was cutting through the cable channels yesterday and stopped because I saw Garth! The enquirer was on and talking about a special olypmic atlhete who gave his medal to Garth and that Garth keeps it in his office at the house! Does anyone know anything about this medal and the person who gave it to Garth?? PLease any info!! :)N

Pilgrim
06-08-2000, 11:11 AM
I haven't heard about that either :o I can't remember of anything :o<P>But I could imagine it would be one of these athletes with disabilities or something like that ;)<P>BrianN

honky
06-08-2000, 06:05 PM
WOW.. if this is true, then IT'S VERY COOL!! :)<P>Hey, maybe it's because of the video "Standin' Outside the fire" :D<P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
06-09-2000, 02:45 PM
Tommy<P>That was what I was thinking ;)<P>BrianN

azyankee
06-09-2000, 02:56 PM
You are probably correct about it being related to the 'Standing Outside The Fire' video. Jo Sgammato mentions something along that line in her book about Garth, AMERICAN THUNDER.<P>Sorry I keep bringing it up, but having read through the book again recently, combined with all the work that's going on with the tribute book, these little bits of trivia seem to be sticking in my mind!<P>Thanks for still Believing!<P>~YankeeN

pldrw
06-10-2000, 05:32 AM
Yankee, I have met Jo!!! and have an autographed copy of her Geogre Strait book. I didn;t think anyone else read her book!! I told her 2 years ago she should write about Garth and i think she already was or started then! She and her friend were with us in our group at Bluebird!! she is real nice!! :) you should write and tell her how much you enjoyed her book!N

PJ
06-10-2000, 05:43 AM
This did happen about 5 or 6 years ago I believe. Garth has said that is the only award he displays in his home.N