PDA

View Full Version : Garth, Blood and a question

CamShaft
06-07-2000, 02:54 PM
Can someone tell me the name of the song with the music video of Garth dressed in a white suit in a white room playing a white piano and then blood starts pouring everywhere.....? ThanxN

Pilgrim
06-07-2000, 02:59 PM
That's gotta be<P>The Red Strokes :D :D :D<P>BrianN

Lost 'n' Garth
06-07-2000, 03:14 PM
Cam:<P>That's funny!! :) I think the red is supposed to represent red paint not blood. This was a Garth video not an Ozzy Osbourne video. ;)<BR>Yes, as Brian says, this was "The Red Strokes" (one of GB's Best)<P>By the way, Welcome to Planet Garth!!<P>Cheri :)<BR>N

Pilgrim
06-07-2000, 03:27 PM
I do think you can say it is representing blood ;)<P>Atleast it is representing a feeling I guess :) It has been posted here before in an very cool post :)<P>Passion/Love = Red<BR>Blues = Blue<BR>Jealousy = Green<P>Doesn't that sound right? :o :o<P>IMHO the video is his BEST! :D :DN

Odexut77
06-07-2000, 04:18 PM
Sounds like you got it exactly right Brian :)N

fuzzwuzz55
06-07-2000, 05:11 PM
When I see Garth come up out of that red paint all in white, it is obvious to me what that red paint represents: The Blood of Christ that washes away our sin making us whiter than snow. And purer than pure.N

minnesotagbfan
06-07-2000, 05:14 PM
brian,<P>it suppose to represent paint like the words in the song..not blood !!! :)N

Teach
06-07-2000, 06:16 PM
I truly think this is the greatest video. It is also interesting to watch how this video was made. The red represents paint not blood.N

Lost 'n' Garth
06-07-2000, 06:25 PM
<P>"Moonlight on canvas,midnight and wine<BR>Two shadows starting to softly combine<BR>The picture they're painting<BR>Is one of the heart<BR>And to those who have seen it<BR>It's a true work of art"<P>Be still my heart!!!I am listening to the song now. I haven't listened to it for awhile and this topic reminded me of that. I still love it now!!<P>Cheri :)N

Hawk7lte
06-07-2000, 06:26 PM
The Red Strokes is a song using colors and painting to illustrate aspects of human love.<BR>The red in the video is paint and symbolizes I would suspect a young man overcome/overwhelmed/completely emmersed in/with the passion of love.<P>Well,anyway that's the way ah understand the artistic representation via music and visual.<P>HawkN

countyfair_85
06-07-2000, 08:02 PM
Well...since we're all entitled to our own opinions...<BR>I would say what it has always represented to me...<BR>Being Washed In The Blood Of The Lamb...<P>The Picture on "The Believer" magazine of "The Red Strokes" is an amazing shot...<BR>and on the video prior to the "Red strokes" video ...Garth tells how Dave Gant did the hands and feet part...which I was curious why Garth did the entire video....then has Dave Gant do the hand and feet parts...especially the close-ups...it didn't make sense at first...<BR>because Garth even sent an award to Dave...and considered the hand and feet parts that Dave did...most of the video...<BR>but I think the hands and feet of Garth on the cover of "The Believer" magazine are Garth's own hands...now...why do you suppose he'd have Dave Gant do all the hand and foot work? :)<P>-DianeN

Sarah in oz
06-07-2000, 08:11 PM
maybe Dave has better looking feet?<P>and Dave does play the piano, perhap he wanted it to look realistic.<P>SarahN

ferretcrazy
06-08-2000, 02:45 PM
I guess that answers my question....Garth is not playing the piano!! (I ordered GB2, but have not gotten it yet) :) I guess that leads to another question, does garth know how to play the piano?? JoanN

DixieChicken
06-08-2000, 03:12 PM
i believe garth does kno how to play the piano. I recall him saying he cant play very well but he does kno a few songs, correct me if i'm wrong....N

fuzzwuzz55
06-09-2000, 02:02 PM
When Christ died for the sin of the world, He did it with PASSION for the people He loves. It's the kind of love to DIE for, and He did it willingly. In 'The Red Strokes' video Garth has show us something of His passionate love for us. It indeed "demands to be seen." That's the kind of relationship Christ wants with us.<BR> Garth's video is about the best object lesson of His love that I've ever seen. And it also tells me alot about Garth and what he is trying to tell us.<BR> Sure, think of it as just red paint if you want to, but there is something about the love displayed to us in that song and video that will never be denied.N

Pilgrim
06-09-2000, 02:30 PM
Usually love and passion is expressed through red, in art :)<P>And since the video is supposed to remind about Louvre(sp?) (I think) it is only normal to use red color :)<P>That's also why Ferrari's are blood red :) They are considered the ONLY fullbloded sports cars around ;) :D :D<P>The others, Porsche, Lamborghini, Corvette, Aston Martin etc. is only poor man's Ferrari's :) :)<P>here is nothing like the real thing and the myth about Ferrari :) :)<P>BrianN

Hawk7lte
06-09-2000, 03:23 PM
It's a song of sexual passion of the human flesh kind - ah doubt very much that it has anything to do with anyone's religious fervor, <P>"Steam on the window, salt in a kiss<BR>Two hearts have never pounded like this".<P>"Passions uncaged<BR>Thundering moments of tenderness rage."<P>"oh, the blues will be blue and the jealousies green<BR>But when love picks its shade it demands to be seen" <P>And it's a very good, passionate love song at that.<P><BR>HawkN

loreli
06-09-2000, 05:06 PM
Yep, I agree. :)<P>Redstrokes is about passion of the human-flesh kind. ;)<P>LoriN

Lost 'n' Garth
06-09-2000, 05:29 PM
WHEW, it's getting hot in here. ;)<P>Cheri :)N

fuzzwuzz55
06-09-2000, 06:04 PM
If you read the book of Song of Songs in the Bible, then you can tell me whether or not God has a deep passion for His Bride. Some samples..Let him kiss me with the kisses of his mouth--for your love is more delightful than wine.(1:2)...Take me away with you-let us hurry! Let the king bring me into his chambers.(1:4)...I belong to my lover and his desire is for me. Come, my lover, let us go to the countryside, let us spend the night in the villages.(7:10-11)...place me like a seal over your heart, like a seal on your arm; for love is as strong as death, its jealousy as unyielding as the grave. It burns like blazing fire, like a mighty flame. Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot wash it away. If one were to give all of the wealth of his house for love, it would be utterly scorned.(8:6-7).<BR> Sounds pretty hot and passionate to me! This love of God's that is!N