PDA

View Full Version : Guess What I Did?!?!

GottaB-GB
11-09-2000, 02:34 AM
I have convinced all of the local WaWa's and 7-11's and smaller deli's around my township to send back TO STAR all the "STAR" magazines with the "Garth Brooks Suicide Watch" on the front....I explained that Garth fans were IRATE and they said some other ppl have complained.....so I told them we KNOW it was a lie...and that the photo was from his millionth sales party and that he was crying because his friends were saying so many great things about him....I told them they can find the same photo on yahoo.....they took them OFF the shelves and said that they would tell them the issues didn't sell and get the money back from STAR for them........ACME, and places like that just thought I was crazy....but the little stores were great!
<br>
<br>WE CAN FIGHT THEM!
<br>
<br>N

kjsyong
11-09-2000, 03:38 AM
Good work GottaB-GB
<br>
<br>for your bravery and support... i am sure the media should learn a lesson or two for making false story... and i am sure if garth does read this (IF) he would be happy that you stick up for him... :)
<br>
<br>KelN

gbcrazy
11-09-2000, 04:11 AM
Gotta B GB,
<br>
<br>Way to go.. I have talked to a few around here to and I know of at least 3 that have took them off the shelves.
<br>
<br>May not be alot but at least we are trying
<br>
<br>TerryN

CheyenneWindRoper
11-09-2000, 04:33 AM
***Applause****
<br>:):):):):):):):):)
<br>Mary LizN

loreli
11-09-2000, 04:55 AM
Yay!!! You go!!! :)
<br>
<br>The media is making me crazy :(
<br>
<br>lori<P>(This message has been edited by loreli)N

littlebit
11-09-2000, 04:56 AM
*Standing ovation!!!* Very cool! :cool: You GO GIRL!!!
<br>
<br>:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
<br>
<br>deAnnalynnN

Dancer
11-09-2000, 05:56 AM
Excellent! I saw one of those mags. in the store yesterday and just laughed at the headline!N

Cheryl
11-09-2000, 06:12 AM
Wow Shelley, VERY COOL! :):)
<br>You done da man proud!
<br>
<br>***joining that standing ovation***N

Sarah in oz
11-09-2000, 06:57 AM
I am so proud of you
<br>
<br>N

beebaboos
11-09-2000, 09:09 AM
Thats great! I could only get two of out local "marts" to take them off the shelves but they wouldn't have done it with out hearing the truth, thanks for the inspiration!N

LonsomeDove
11-09-2000, 11:29 AM
Well, I work in a store and I can PROMISE you, NO ONE is able to find that issue.
<br>
<br>Never thought of asking other stores to take it off shelves.
<br>So tomarrow, I will give it a go! N

Snow
11-09-2000, 11:33 AM
What a great thing to do! Good for you. :)N

Lowell Miller
11-09-2000, 02:28 PM
Shelley is da bomb! :)N

fuzzwuzz
11-10-2000, 08:20 PM
This is just one great example of what Garth has said, "If the people lead, the 'leaders will follow"!
<br> That means we've got to take the lead away from them! Thanks Garth! And thanks GottaBGB for showing us how it can be done!N

honky
11-11-2000, 12:06 AM
<br>Shelly,
<br>
<br>WAY TO GO MY FELLOW PGER!! :)
<br>
<br>
<br>Yes.. I, too, think that the Stars is over playing with the "pics"!! :(
<br>
<br>
<br>TommyN