PDA

View Full Version : Rumours Of A Repackage In Time For X'mas

JO
06-06-2000, 08:23 AM
Whilst reading the June's edition of "Country Music International" Theres an artical by a person called John Lomax III about our Garth. It starts of by saying that it looks like there will be no new albums from Garth this year & that Garth seems to be taking a wait & see attitude about the effects of the Warner Bros./EMI absorption. It then goes on about the film "Frequency" & Garth new recording for that film. It then ends like this. "And don't be surprised if Brooks issues anouther repackage set in time for the Christmas buying season"<BR> So have any of you PG-er's heard anything from Nashville. What would any of you like to see repackaged ? If this rumour has any truth about it, I'm sure it will be a perfect X'mas present to us Garth fans<P>All the best<P>Love Jo xxxxxx :) :) :) :) N

hugeGBnutt
06-06-2000, 09:41 AM
thanks for the news....BUT, a re-package? :(, o well i guess it's better then nothing ;), i guess we'll have to wait and see if its true....<P>aRiN

hugeGBnutt
06-06-2000, 09:43 AM
maybe the next cover of "DL"!?...again, wait and see i guess..<P>aRiN

Pilgrim
06-06-2000, 11:04 AM
I agree with Ari :)<P>BrianN

Garth2Gaines
06-06-2000, 01:58 PM
Might it be a new edition of "Magic of CHRISTmas"? After all, it was suppose to be for a CBS movie or something last year, but was pushed back to this year??? :)<P>dwayneN

honky
06-06-2000, 02:06 PM
AS long as I have one.. it's totally fine with me ;)<P><BR>TommyN

Pilgrim
06-06-2000, 03:11 PM
I don't think it will be a new edition of his X-mas CD :) But it would be cool anyway if it is ;)<BR>Maybe it is both Beyond and The Magic in a little boxed set with special things in it? ;)<P>BrianN

Garth2Gaines
06-06-2000, 05:52 PM
I was going thru some old papers in my desk tonight and I found this GB quote from early this year "It's not a Christmas cd, and that it'll be the quickest album I've cut". <BR>It gets you to thinking, doesn't it? ;)<P>dwayneN

Chris Gaines
06-06-2000, 06:00 PM
Garth2Gaines,<P>Yup.. Garth was in the Studio for ONE MONTH (Last October) recording for the next album...<P>On April 3rd.. he said.. he wasn't gonna release that album this year it seems.<P>JasonN

gbking
06-06-2000, 11:45 PM
I really hope Garth doesn't repackage anything.<P>I mean, if you look at the last half of his CD's, many of them have been repackaged hits and if you all remember he got heat because of it.<BR>Personally, EVERY BIG ARTIST releases a box set, a live album, and a hits album. I just he did it really quickly and people started to think if he had anything. I want new stuff. I got the old stuff :) Old and playing over and over and over again, but I wouldn't want it any otehr way! :)<P>DerekN