PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone heard about this?

sleanna
03-20-2000, 08:23 AM
GARTH BROOKS ENDS SPRING TRAINING<BR> Garth Brooks never did get his longed for hit in a major league ball game, but he came away with plenty, including the respect of his teammates, the fans (he signed autographs for 3 hours after every game), and, of course, one more chance to live his childhood dream for a few weeks.<P> GARTH has tentatively scheduled a press conference for the morning of April 3rd, to take place in New York's Shea Stadium. No details yet as to what he plans to announce or discuss.<P>Just wonderin if anyone knows anything about this?? <P>LeannN

LonsomeDove
03-20-2000, 08:38 AM
<P> Sleanna,<P> No, havent heard anything about a press. conf. untill now. <P><BR> Wonder what it will be about, Touch'em All most likley. <BR> So thanks for the info.<P> CR.N

Chris Gaines
03-20-2000, 08:58 AM
I do know what it is about, I do know it is Legit.<P>Those that will be at Openning day for the Mets are in for a treat in being the first to hear about it........<P>But, I'm sorry I'm not obligated to say what it is about :(<BR>I Have to let Garth tell you, 'cause it's the honorable thing to do :)<P>JasonN

LonsomeDove
03-20-2000, 09:06 AM
<P> Oh no, now do I have to go all the way to<BR>Shea? what a trip.<P> Always been a Met fan, have gone to games<BR>in the past, can not tell you how fantastic <BR>it was for me to see Garth in a Met uniform.<P> Any way Jason, can you at least tell us<BR>if it is good news or bad?<P>CR. <P><BR> N

changer
03-20-2000, 10:06 AM
We'll all be shivering with anticip....<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>.<BR>......pation.<P>(lips, lips, lips)<P>changerN

Chris Gaines
03-20-2000, 10:12 AM
OK Ok...... This is all I will say on this topic LOL :)<P>Garth's Announcement isn't going to be a bad one. But what really is bad? Bad for Garth or Bad for us? .. I do knwo this will be very good for Garth :)<P>JasonN

sleanna
03-20-2000, 10:52 AM
Jason:<P>Thanks for the info. but now I'm dying with anticipation :+)............hmmmmm is there any way to bribe you ;+) lol<P>LeannN

loreli
03-20-2000, 11:10 AM
Jason, <P>GGGGRRRRRRRRRRR!!!<P>Tigger is not happy. <P>Lori :DN

Garth_FANtasizer
03-20-2000, 11:33 AM
Jason,<P>I'm not sure if I like the sound of that..<P>Are you saying what is good for Garth, isn't going to be good for the fans?<P>Should I stock up on kleenex?<P>~Ann~<BR>N

Alawishes
03-20-2000, 11:36 AM
It is most likely about 2 things, retirement :( or baseball related. Thats all it can be about. I doubt it is anything like a tour becasue he has no time for a tour with all the albums and the Lamb.N

Alawishes
03-20-2000, 11:43 AM
Where is Shea stadium????? I bet anything he is officializing his retirement and might be by a very small tour but I doubt a big one since he is busy. Probally something to do with his charity maybe. I would hope if it is bad news for us like hsi retirement announcement or even news on a farewell tour that he would not flaunt it for a couple weeks only for us to have anticipated nothing but bad news, that is not a very nice thing to do on the people who have made you what you are.N

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 11:44 AM
I hope it is about the movie :) :)<P>And I really hope it is a good thing for the fans :)<P>BrianN

hugeGBnutt
03-20-2000, 11:51 AM
its probably either hes going back to spring training every year until he dies (exaggeration), or his retirement is <B>final</B> :(<P>aRiN

BigGfan4life
03-20-2000, 11:52 AM
I hadn't heard about it before. I'm guessing it's probably about a project (like an album or the movie) or retirement.N

BlueRose
03-20-2000, 01:25 PM
<B>Heeeeeere we go againnnnn!</B><P>My guess is it's something to do with baseball and the foundation and maybe his intent to do it again next year.<P>Plus....maybe he'll sing the National Anthem on opening day.<P>Why would he pick the Mets opening day to announce anything about retiring?<P>Cheryl<BR>N

loreli
03-20-2000, 01:37 PM
Exactly Cheryl,<P>It has to be about Baseball!!<P>LoriN

Karen4GB
03-20-2000, 01:40 PM
I wonder if his announcement could possible have anything to do with the dinner he's having? Doesn't it involve Metts players or something? Maybe I'm reading too much into this but the events are close together in time and place so it looks like they could be related. :)<P>-Karen-N

AmazedByChris
03-20-2000, 04:52 PM
Cheryl - my thoughts exactly. However, every time he does this, since it seems to be a habit of his, I will tell myself 'he said that if he was going to retire, he'd announce it at the END of the year'. And hope he sticks to it. Jason, ouch. No fair. :( Feels like someone's swinging a stick real close - I keep flinching waiting to be hit... :(N

Alawishes
03-20-2000, 04:55 PM
Its the dinner thing. I am sure of that. Go read the article about it that is posted on the side. The deatils are in it. It is not about retiring at all just dinner however I am sure the press will ask him about the retirement.N

Chris Gaines
03-20-2000, 05:07 PM
ok Sinec Brandon now has it up in the News area.....<P>here is the scoop :)<P>-------------------------<BR>M E D I A A D V I S O R Y<P>WHO: GARTH BROOKS, NEW YORK METS<P>WHAT: PRESS CONFERENCE<P>WHEN: MONDAY, APRIL 3, 2000 - 10:00 A.M. (EDT)<P>WHERE: SHEA STADIUM - AUXILIARY LOCKER ROOM<P><BR>Garth will detail his spring training adventures with the Mets and his Touch 'Em All Foundation, which benefits children's charities. Last year, 67 Major League Baseball players, including the Mets' Al Leiter, Dennis Cook, Turk Wendell and Robin Ventura, contributed to Garth's charity. This season, it is expected that over 100 Major Leaguers will participate in the Touch 'Em All Foundation.<P>The Mets will take on the San Diego Padres in their home opener at 1:10 P.M. on April 3rd. Brooks spent spring training with the Padres in 1999.<BR>-----------------<BR>There ya go :)<P>now ya knwo what he'll say.. he's not retiring just yet ya'll :)<P>JasonN

GarthFanCanada1
03-20-2000, 05:18 PM
Dare I say it but <P>WOOOOOOOOOFREAKINHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO<P><BR>*ahem..*<P>BarkleyN

changer
03-20-2000, 05:22 PM
Very Cool. <P>Way to go Garth! Congradulations!<P>changerN

Pilgrim
03-20-2000, 08:27 PM
:oN

splitzer
03-21-2000, 12:20 AM
I'm confused...<P>So, it's basically just him saying, "YAY! We did awesome!" ?<P>Not that that would be a bad thing, but it's not really an <I>announcement</I>, y'know? I mean... I don't know what I mean, it just seems odd.<P>I'm still gonna wait and see.<P>Garth Always,<BR>DanielleN

Pilgrim
03-21-2000, 01:08 AM
Danielle :)<P>I agree :D<P>I still think he might mention something about the movie :)<BR> <BR>I don't think he will announce his retirement since he himself has said he would talk about that at the end of the year :)<P>BrianN

redstrokes77
03-21-2000, 02:27 AM
Gee I thought it would be " I like playing with the Mets so much I bought the team" kinda thing. LOl!<BR> I'm taking up a colection to send a worthy person to the diiner......<B> ME!!!</B>.<BR> How wants to contibute???<P>****sigh**** I can dream can't I?? LOL!<P>debN

no1cowgirl
03-21-2000, 09:56 AM
A press confrence on my b-day! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)<BR>*L* I hope I can actually listen to it or something!<P><BR>KristaN

OHBAL
03-21-2000, 09:58 AM
Gee, that dinner might be worth it if it was REALLY an intimate dinner with Garth but Garth and 100 OTHER PEOPLE?????? That's more like a $1000 or $2000 event. Not $8000!<P>BevN