View Full Version : "Hazel" tells it like it is.....about Faith Hill

Cheryl
11-07-2000, 06:17 AM
From Hazel's Hot Dish....
<br>
<br>
HAVE FAITH-WILL POP
<br>
<br>Faith Hill hopes to have an entire album of holiday music to be released next year, but meanwhile her for Christmas recording is a track from the Jim Carey film, "Dr Suess, How the Grinch Stole Christmas," titled "Where Are You Christmas?" written by the very non-country Mariah Carey. Faith filmed the music video in L.A. with a director who works with very non-Country stars like Christina Aguilera and Sean "Puffy" Combs. Further into the non-Country arena, when Faith and hubby Tim McGraw appeared at Madison Square Garden in New York, I understand that Country station WYNY tried but could not get even a hello via telephone from Faith. But I am told she visited the pop (AC) station across the way and was told she did a meet and greet. Furthermore, when she and Tim appeared in Minneapolis/St. Paul with their sell-out show, history repeated itself. Faith snubbed the important, major Country station K-102, one of the greatest Country Music stations on this planet, in favor of the pop station across town. If Faith wants to be pop, so be it, but does she have to ignore the genre that gave her the gig?
<br>
<br>Fans, we are talking about the lady named CMA (Country Music Association) Female Vocalist of the Year for the present time on October 4, 2000! Seems to me that the star (Star, Mississippi native) needs to dance with the one that brought her. Back home in the country we call her actions "cutting off the hand that rocked your cradle." I think Country fans and Country radio should come first with Country stars. The wonderful Country fans who come to Fan Fair, buy Country records, go to concerts, and all the radio guys/gals who I've met through the years are the ones who made Faith what she is today, and it is of my humble opinion that the Country fans and Country radio deserve the time of this major star. One last thought…repeating something I heard Garth Brooks ask, "When is the last time you heard a pop station say, 'Here's a great Country singer?'" You haven't heard it, and you're not about to hear it. I'm not trying to make Faith Hill fans angry, and I don't intend to make Faith angry. I'm trying to say Country Music fans and Country radio-those who have supported Faith since "Wild One"-should be allowed to meet and greet the star, not somebody who just heard about her because of some song she sang last year. That's all.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>N

minnesotagbfan
11-07-2000, 06:38 AM
well,
<br>
<br>her snubbing of K102 was a bad judgement in error on her part as at the alan jackson/ brad paisley show a couple weeks back.. they said they were glad to have real country music..not pop music disguised as country but is really pop.. i was wondering what they were refering too... i think i know now...
<br>
<br>
<br>SHAME ON YOU FAITH !!!!!N