PDA

View Full Version : Our billboard!!

pldrw
06-06-2000, 05:56 AM
Has anyone heard or seen anything about the billboard Karen Durian and some of us put up on Music row?? Any press coverage at all!! :)<BR> just curious??N

Chris Gaines
06-06-2000, 06:28 AM
I'll be back there in a Month or so.. hmmmmmmm<P>I'll look for it.. and see if I can find it LOL<P> ;)<BR>JasonN

no1cowgirl
06-06-2000, 07:09 AM
*confused* Wha?<P>KristaN

honky
06-06-2000, 07:46 AM
VERY COOL!! <P>I also participated in the billboard project ;)<P><BR>TommyN

Paula
06-06-2000, 02:36 PM
Jason, you'll miss it if you're not going to be there before the end of June. This was part of the email that Karen sent in mid-May to update us on the final product: <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>Just a post to give you the final results of the billboard project. We have a total of 102 hearts bordering the billboard that will be located on Music Row from June 1st to June 30th. The radio spots will air between 8pm and midnight from June 12th until June 21st.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>There is someone who I believe lives in or near Nashville who is going to take pictures of the billboard for those of us who contributed. If anything is in the media, I am sure we'll hear about it.<P>Paula<BR>N

pldrw
06-09-2000, 09:09 AM
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)<P>There was a promblem but thanks to Patty Clements we are now up on Music Row!!! Let's see if anyone else's Fan group has Billboard on Music row!! Bet we are the 1st!!!<BR>Way to Go Karen !! It should be up now!!! Pam Dolen<P>(Karen-<BR> <BR>We are truly sorry regarding the delay in posting the Garth & Sandy Brooks poster. We could not order the poster till we had art approval, which we received on June 1. The normal turn around time for the printer is about 8 days. I have talked with our contact there and she is going to overnight the poster today. That means that we will have the poster up tomorrow afternoon. I will have a miniature poster of the design next week. If you would like that, please let me know. I am also a big Garth Brooks fan. I went to his last concert here in Nashville. It was awesome!! When you get back from fan fair please let me know how to join the fan club. Listed below is the address to send the information. We are truly sorry for the delay. Call me if I can help you in anyway 615-228-5500.<BR> <BR>Thank you, Patty <BR> <BR> <BR>Patty Clements<BR>1993 Southerland Drive<BR>Nashville, TN 37207)<P> :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) <BR> <BR> N

thechange1
06-09-2000, 09:27 AM
That sounds really neat!! I would love to see a picture put up when the project is finished! Good job you guys. What a great way to support the man!!<P>LisaN

angelamccann
06-10-2000, 01:51 AM
That is *wonderful* news! Very cool :)<P>Angela xN

GBShameless
06-10-2000, 02:44 AM
The billboard is there, I got an email from the sales department yesterday and they sent along a picture, it is up and ready for next week :)<P>Thanks Karen for putting this together and thank you Patty Clements for taking care of it for us.<P>RobinN

jenn_7
06-10-2000, 10:12 AM
So what does it say??? You're killing me with the suspense (no chance of me seeing it in Belgium). How exciting! jenn_7N

GBShameless
06-10-2000, 03:30 PM
I can email the email that I got from the company if anyone wants to see it.<P>I know that Karen has a person going to take a picture of it for us, that is down in TN, but if you would like to see it, just let me know<P>RobinN

Chris Gaines
06-10-2000, 06:06 PM
here is a pic of the Billboard art work :)<P>for those that can't go and see it :)<BR> <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/chrisgaines/gb.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://members.aol.com/chrisgaines/gb.jpg</A> <P><BR>Jason :)N

everynowandthen
06-10-2000, 06:15 PM
Jason,<P>Thanks for the link! ;)<P>Sorry to be stupid, but where/who did this come from? I hope I'm not the only one in the dark. :o<P>AngelaN

Lost 'n' Garth
06-10-2000, 08:12 PM
Thanks Jason!!!<P>Next question:<P> I will be going through Nashville on the 28th of June.... It is going to be on Music Row right???? I want to see it personally. It will still be up, right???<P><BR>Cheri :)N

Chris Gaines
06-10-2000, 08:17 PM
Cheri,<P>YES.. it's up on Music row.. above the umm Burger King Billboard LOL :)<P>here's a pic of the umm sign in reality lol<P> <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/cherylw/images/GBBillboard.jpg" TARGET=_blank>http://www.angelfire.com/ny2/cherylw/images/GBBillboard.jpg</A> <P>THANKS Cheryl :)<BR>JasonN

Lost 'n' Garth
06-10-2000, 08:35 PM
Jason:<P>Thanks but shouldn't it be under a Taco Bell sign???LOL<P>Cheri :)N

Garth4Prez
06-10-2000, 09:14 PM
WOW!!!!!! I participated in the billboard project but didn't know what it was going to look like! I sure would like to see the faces of some of those "non believers"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT LOOKS GREAT! I just got thru watching Austin City Limits....it just made me miss him more......Thanks for posting the picture!!!! Lisa H<BR>ps. I'm going to Nashville on Tues, so, going to see it myselfN

Paula
06-11-2000, 02:50 PM
Looks great! I can't wait 'til I get my pictures from the "official" photographer who volunteered to take pictures of the finished product for us.<P>PaulaN

Paula
06-12-2000, 01:53 PM
Guess we weren't the only ones who had this idea! I found this at <A HREF="http://www.countrystars.com/index.html?/news/haislop/n-update.html <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>"GOT" TARGET=_blank>http://www.countrystars.com/index.html?/news/haislop/n-update.html[quote]"GOT</A> FANS?"<BR>This year's Fan Fair holds a special surprise for the members of Diamond Rio as dedicated members of the Diamond Rio Fan Club took up a collection to arrange a billboard in support of their favorite group. In a play on the famous "Got milk?" campaign, the billboard says, "Got fans? Diamond Rio does! With love from the Diamond Rio Fan Club Members." The billboard can be seen on Nolensville Road in Nashville, just outside the State Fairgrounds.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>PaulaN

Paula
06-12-2000, 01:53 PM
What in the world was that? That's the second time that's happened to me.<P>PaulaN

Paula
06-12-2000, 01:55 PM
Let's see if this works right...<P>Guess we weren't the only ones who had this idea! I found this at <A HREF="http://www.countrystars.com/index.html?/news/haislop/n-update.html" TARGET=_blank>http://www.countrystars.com/index.html?/news/haislop/n-update.html</A> <BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Arial">quote:</font><HR>"GOT FANS?"<BR>This year's Fan Fair holds a special surprise for the members of Diamond Rio as dedicated members of the Diamond Rio Fan Club took up a collection to arrange a billboard in support of their favorite group. In a play on the famous "Got milk?" campaign, the billboard says, "Got fans? Diamond Rio does! With love from the Diamond Rio Fan Club Members." The billboard can be seen on Nolensville Road in Nashville, just outside the State Fairgrounds.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>PaulaN

honky
06-12-2000, 03:26 PM
Jason,<P>That billboard looks cool ;)<P>But hey, why did Diamond Rio have a similar billboard in Nashville? :o Do we have a spy here? *LOL*<P><BR>TommyN

pldrw
06-13-2000, 08:56 AM
Well i don't know if they got the idea from us, but i do know we have our Billboard in a real good place right across from the Country Music Hall Of Fame on Music Row! It is a prime billboard spot in Nashville!! There's it says is across from the fairgrounds and that could be almost anywhere since the fairgrounds are so large!! Our's is up until july 8th i think Karen Said!! :)N

GBShameless
06-19-2000, 06:03 AM
Hi Everyone,
<br>
<br>Just got back from TN yesterday, went down to see the Billboard and to do some other things.
<br>
<br>The Billboard looks great!!!!!!!!!!!! Took us a while to find it, because we were not familiar with the streets, but it is in a good location on Music Row, they are doing some construction on the street and it is blocked off at the moment, but you can still see it. :)
<br>
<br>We also meet some PGers up at the Gates, i'm sorry I don't remember names, but we then ran into them at Planet Hollywood and just wanted to let them know, that we never saw Garth on Saturday when we went back up there.
<br>
<br>Robin
<br>
<br><P>(This message has been edited by GBShameless)N