PDA

View Full Version : The RYMAN Guitar

CountryBee
11-06-2000, 11:09 AM
I went to the Grand Ole Opry web page's gift shop to check out this guitar. Someone thought it would make a great gift for Garth. Well, I just about died when I saw the price for this guitar, $6,250 :eek:. That is one very expensive instrument! Garth's own GB-C7 guitars don't even cost that much!
<br>BeeN

Chris Gaines
11-06-2000, 11:19 AM
Actually is Takamine GB-SEVEN-C :)
<br>
<br>And the Garth Takamine isn't made from Rhyman flooring either. ;)
<br>
<br>JasonN

sasteen
11-06-2000, 11:26 AM
Jason,
<br>
<br>Did Garth design the GB seven C?
<br>
<br>Is there anything you DON"T know?
<br>
<br>Shelly PaN

Chris Gaines
11-06-2000, 11:34 AM
Shelly,
<br>
<br>I personally have a GB-Seven-C Takamine Guitar.
<br>
<br>Signed by singer: Trisha Yearwood,
<br>and writers: Kent Blazy (Ain't Going Down, If Tomorrow Never Comes, and others)
<br>Kim Williams (Ain't Going Down, and others)
<br>Pat Alger (Thunder Rolls, and others)
<br>and Tony Arata (The Dance, Anonymous, and others)
<br>
<br>=)
<br>
<br>Yes Garth designed the GB-SEVEN-C (and aso the GB-SEVEN-B used in the 1st world tour) It's Garth "exclusive Guitar.)
<br>
<br>Jason :)
<br>
<br>(now if I could only spell LOL) :)<P>(This message has been edited by Chris Gaines)N

vjthedj
11-06-2000, 12:17 PM
So how many Garths fans are on PG? If 312 gave $20 each that would meet the $6,250. I spend more than that each year for gifts for people I DON'T really want to buy for but have to cause their kind of related.. Tehe. But I also spend almost that much for a Garth Calendar.
<br>
<br>I really think its not such an outrageous price if enough people beleived in it. Jason, I know that Garth has said he would never go INTO the Ryman Auditorium because of how he feels about it, so I think that is also what would make it SO special. After all he does step into the circle of the original Ryman each time he peforms at the New Opry House. Just my humble Opinion...
<br>
<br>ValerieN

Chris Gaines
11-06-2000, 12:31 PM
Val.. yup.. but you'd need 313 people :)
<br>
<br>as 312x20=6240
<br>so the other pays 10 to make 6250 :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

CheyenneWindRoper
11-06-2000, 12:43 PM
Valerie,
<br>I agree 101% with you. I think Garth would treasure the guitar because it is a "piece of the old Opry". He has mentioned the "circle" on the stage a couple of times in interviews & how meaningful that is to him. I will throw in the first $100.00 (and more if needed!)
<br>Between PG, H&V and the GarthBox we can surely come up with the $'s. I think this is very do-able!!! :)
<br>Mary LizN

Vanessa
11-06-2000, 12:48 PM
So are we really serious about this ya'll?? I think we should all pitch in some money... I would give money but I don't think my parents would let me... :(
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

Snow
11-06-2000, 01:18 PM
I don't know ya'll. If anyone that knows Garth a little better (I never met the man), could speak up and say what they think about this.
<br>
<br>I have a couple of concerns:
<br>
<br>1) It's a lot of money and I'm wondering if Garth wouldn't rather it go to charity or something. He can certainly afford one if he wanted it... though I know it'd mean more coming from the fans.
<br>
<br>2) It's from the place Garth thinks is so sacred that he won't even set foot in it. Would he want a guitar made from the same wood?
<br>
<br>3) I know it's the fact that it's from the old theater that makes it special... but I doubt it really makes very good guitar wood.
<br>
<br>It's not that I hate the idea. I'm just really conflicted about it. Does anyone else have an opinion on this. I'm open to ideas!N

sasteen
11-06-2000, 01:24 PM
I have heard him say it before but never knew the answer.
<br>
<br>Why will he not set foot in there. If it is a sacred thing or place, whichever it is, you would think he would want to go.
<br>
<br>Anyone with an explanation???
<br>
<br>Shelly PaN

sasteen
11-06-2000, 01:30 PM
MaryLiz,
<br>
<br>Holy Cow!!!!!!
<br>
<br>Could I have that!!????? I need to get some heating oil for my house.
<br>
<br>Boy, I sound like a charity case....sometimes I wonder.
<br>
<br>Anyway....as much as I would love to be a part of something....anything....that we could give Garth, I can't afford it.
<br>
<br>Sorry
<br>
<br>Shelly Pa
<br>
<br><P>(This message has been edited by sasteen)N

Chris Gaines
11-06-2000, 02:36 PM
Shelly,
<br>
<br>he considers the Rhyman "The mother Church of Country Music" and that so many legends have played there, he shouldn't be honored in such a sacred place. :)
<br>
<br>JasonN

Snow
11-13-2000, 01:59 AM
Just bringing this back up because I never saw what anyone else thought about the idea... or if it going forward or what.N

Crackers
11-13-2000, 06:32 AM
I have to say that I agree with you, Snow.N

CountryBee
11-13-2000, 08:38 PM
Although, we all know that Garth loves (and enjoys) gifts that fans give him and he would probably be very appreciative of us giving him the RYMAN Guitar, we should also consider an alternative. I think if we are going to spend that much money, we should think about, as someone else suggested, making a donation to the "Touch em All" Foundation. I'll bet that Garth would like that just as much. Each PGer could go to the TEAF website and make a donation for as much as they wanted to or could afford donate. That way no one, or anyone who couldn't afford to pitch in for the guitar, would feel left out. The only thing is, I don't know if there is some way of indicating on idividual TEAF donations that it came from a PG member.
<br>BeeN

FISHGIRL
03-25-2005, 07:07 AM
I can shine some light on the Ryman guitar topic!

You are not just buying the guitar you are actually buying 'a pew' of the original GRAND OLE OPRY re: Nashville oak from 1892!

A limited edition - this is a part of the original building which cannot be duplicated or replaced

The guitar was actually designed by ex- Gibson boys of note (a little know fact!) AND it has REAL gold trimmings!

The case is hand tooled brown leather in a COUNTRY WESTERN motif and comes with a matching strap - Limited Edition strings and a book on the history of The Ryman Auditorium (The Mother Church of Nashville)

The whole package is really a beautiful collector's item - and was voted the most impressive guitar limited edition guitar package by GUITARIST magazine

Vince Gill - Loretta Lynn - and Jack White of The White Stripes are but a few Country Legends that own one of these

Count yourself lucky - in Europe they are 5000.00 STERLING! lol

Check - out www.ryman.com

Hope this proved useful -

FG
x

FISHGIRL
03-25-2005, 07:12 AM
The old boy has heard HANK CHET & ELVIS * PRAYERS & PRESIDENTS!

I note that the thread was dated 2000 - DUH!

New kid on the block! lol

Can you let me know what you eventually bought him?

Cheers!