PDA

View Full Version : Billboard Article about Garth

Chris Gaines
06-05-2000, 07:05 AM
Edited by Jonathan Cohen / June 2, 2000, 4:30 p.m. EDT<P><BR>Garth Brooks Reaches Live Album Landmark <BR> Garth Brooks' "Double Live" (Capitol) was certified for U.S. sales of 13 million copies by the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) in May, tying it with Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band's 1987 set "Live 1975-1985" (Columbia) as the highest certified live album in history. The new tally brings Brooks' total certified U.S. sales to a staggering 93.5 million.<P>Fellow country star George Strait also logged a milestone in the RIAA's May certifications, as his 1995 box set "Strait Out Of The Box" (MCA Nashville) was certified at 7 million copies, tying it with Led Zeppelin's eponymously-titled 1990 Atlantic release as the highest certified box set of the decade.<P>Jason<P>PS Sorry Brian LOL :)N

honky
06-05-2000, 07:37 AM
:) WAY TO GO GARTH!!<P>TommyN

Hawk7lte
06-05-2000, 08:28 AM
So if certified U.S. sales are 93.5 million has he or hasn't he reached the 100 Mill marker?<P>That Double Live album is good - and deserves those sales. Congrats to Garth again.<P>HawkN

Chris Gaines
06-05-2000, 09:24 AM
Hawk,<P>accourding to ALBUM AWARDS.. yes total they add up to 100 Million,<P>but as an ARTIST NO.. he's at 93.5 Mil now.<P>reason:<P>RIAA does ablum totals different then ARTIST totals.<P>Double Live as an ALBUM gets 2 units sold for each unit sold.<P>But...<P>Double Live only counts as 1 unit sold under the ARTIST "Garth Brooks"<P>hence whhy he's only at 93.5 million now. :)<P>JasonN

Pilgrim
06-05-2000, 11:20 AM
Jason :)<P>Don't worry :)<P>Of course Springsteen didn't need all this commercial stuff to sell his albums. Infact there was barely any commercial :o<BR>What was it, people who visited the store saw a concert and then they were "tricketd" to buy a copy of DL.<P>Also DL barely made it over 100 minutes (47 seconds to be exact) which made it count as 2 CD's<P>Oh well, there is no better live album in music industry than Live 1975-85 215 minutes of high energy rock over 40 songs where some of them are 6 minutes and longer and not like the studioversions :D :D :D :D :D :D :D<P>Brian :)<BR>N

nelty
06-05-2000, 12:02 PM
Hi,<P>hehe... go garthy go garthy go garthy..... <P>WAY TO GO.... 6.5 million to go... LOL<P>NellyN

G-f
06-05-2000, 03:39 PM
Way to go Garth! I love the album, but would one day "wish" that it could be as live as the "Friends in Low Places and Thunder Rolls" that got released from the "This Is Garth Brooks" concert. Now that was truly live. And heck I didn't care if he was a bit off key now and then! Who could run around and swing from ropes and climb ladder...etc, and sing every note perfectly?? :) <BR>Now Brian....No offense but I never could figure out what was so good about Bruce Springstein (sp) He sounds like he's got something hung in his throat that shouldn't be there....lol....sorry.... :)<BR>TriciaN

Pilgrim
06-05-2000, 04:13 PM
Tricia :D<P>That's easy<P>Bruce is the best songwriter, and ESPECIALLY entertainer this world has ever seen :D :D :D :D :D :D :D<P>There is simply NO doubt about that :) :D :)<P>NO ONE have had as much energy on stage as Bruce not even Garth! :) <P>But it's really unfair to compare the two because Bruce doesn't think about sales figures like Garth does :)<P>BrianN

Hawk7lte
06-05-2000, 05:05 PM
Thanks Chris/Jason -<P>CELEBRATION - YEALH - let's all celebrate now....<P>(consider the bubbly served Garth; With hugs and kisses all around the room)<P><BR>Hawk<P><BR>N

pldrw
06-06-2000, 05:52 AM
Hawk;<BR>I'll just take the hugs and kisses no bubbly for me please! :) :) :) :) :) :) :)N