PDA

View Full Version : 'COME ON PEOPLE, NOW'....

boppityboo
11-03-2000, 08:53 AM
Hey y'all. I just got off of #gbfan. I want to start a regular chat time on there. It is a great place to chat. If you are familiar with the mIRC program, you will know it is so. It is way easier and faster than the Yahoo chat. There is no membership. If you are not familiar, you can go to Mirc's website to get the program, free, at mirc.com. It is great to be able to type something and get a response immediately.... you can exchange Garth song wavs and play them back for everyone else to hear, or get new ones, or share with others what you have, you can chat privately with one or more person if you want...<br>

garthsgirl
11-03-2000, 09:05 AM
I was on chatting with Ellie, and it was great. Much better than the Yahoo chatroom. Let's meet next Friday. What do you say people?
<br>
<br> LisaN

Chris Gaines
11-03-2000, 09:27 AM
Just editing the Title :)
<br>
<br>can't bold the title ;)
<br>
<br>Jason<--that don't get the Yahoo "bump" ;)
<br>
<br>LOLN

Teach
11-03-2000, 09:32 AM
Ellie, that sounds great to me but I have never been able to get on the chat there. Do I have to download something to get on there? When I had a problem last time Debbie just told me that it is very difficult to get on if you have AOL. Any suggestions??????N

boppityboo
11-03-2000, 01:28 PM
Hey Teach, try it again. I think I remember that there was a problem with AOL users, but I thought it was fixed esp. when it came to #gbfan. YOu do have to go to mirc.com and d/l their program,it's free. Once you are in, you connect to the nearest server, but not always and when you are connected you can either type in the channel #gbfan or have it saved and you just highlight itin the little box that pops up. It is really simple. Good luck and I hope to see you there. Actually who says we have to do it just once a week, we can go anytime we can. That's the beauty of it, you can see if anyone is there or not in just a few clicks. :)
<br>
<br>Have a Garthriffic day,
<br>Ellie :)N

boppityboo
11-03-2000, 01:43 PM
OH, I forgot to mention, you have to log onto a DALnet server only to get #gbfan.
<br>
<br>have a Garthriffic day,

garthsgirl
11-03-2000, 06:46 PM
Teach, I'm on AOL and had no problems with the chat. I did the download Ellie is talking about. Didn't take very long at all. About 5 minutes. Hope to see you there.
<br>
<br> LisaN

garthsgirl
11-07-2000, 06:53 AM
Just bringing this back up to the top. Is anyone in the mood to do a chat this week around the same time? Not on yahoo, #GBFan.
<br>
<br> LisaN

minnesotagbfan
11-07-2000, 07:00 AM
i am always in the mood to chat..lol..
<br>
<br>i actually like to chat while i surf the net...N

boppityboo
11-07-2000, 07:14 AM
Barring any unforseen circumstances, I'll be there. lol. I might just head on over there right now to see if anyone dropped in. :) I've had a busy weekend and feel the need to chat! lol. :P
<br> So, who's comin'?
<br>

Vanessa
11-07-2000, 07:20 AM
I'm commin' is anyone on right now?? I sure hope so... :) :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

loreli
11-07-2000, 08:31 AM
Oh goody! I hope this works..anythings better than Yahoo :(
<br>
<br>Lori :)N

loreli
11-07-2000, 10:47 AM
I can only get on through MIRC. I cant get in the webbased chat..
<br>
<br>I'll try IE ;)
<br>
<br>I tried...it autokilled me...it said I wasn't welcome :( How mean is that?
<br>
<br>Anyone have any ideas? does it hate AOL?
<br>
<br>Lori<P>(This message has been edited by loreli)N

boppityboo
11-10-2000, 06:27 AM
IT's FRIDAY!!! Anyone buzzing over to #GBFAN for a chat? I'm there now, but if I don't say hi right away, I'm multitasking. lol. I'll keep cehcking in every few minutes. :) Hope to see someone, anyone? lol
<br>

garthsgirl
11-10-2000, 07:53 AM
Ellie, Sorry. It's 2pm EST now. I forgot about it. I'll check in every few minutes for awhile.
<br>
<br> LisaN

Vanessa
11-10-2000, 10:53 AM
I would come tonight but I think I'm going out. :) But if I'm not I'll try to stop by.. :)
<br>
<br>Vanessa :)N

Snow
11-10-2000, 11:14 AM
Sounds like fun for you that are free during the day. Between 8 and 12 I'm busy with the kiddies at school. I'll catch up with you at Christmas and Summers maybe. :)N

boppityboo
11-12-2000, 08:05 AM
Hey Snow! You don't only have to come in between 8 and 12. I just picked it cause I don't know. lol. I realize ppl are at work or busy. I usually just go there all the time, any time and hope maybe someone else is too. :) Drop by anytime.:)
<br>
<br>Lori, I'm confused. You only need Mirc to get into #gbfan. Right? Hope to see you there.
<br>

garthsgirl
11-12-2000, 09:01 AM
I'll be stopping in and out of the chat room today too if anyone's around.
<br>
<br> LisaN

Teresa Morris
11-12-2000, 09:25 AM
Hey yall...
<br>
<br>I chat on Mirc a good bit. What night are you planning a PG chat? I'd like to join yall.
<br>
<br>TeresaN