PDA

View Full Version : IT'S HARD TO LET GO...........

ELVISLOVER
11-02-2000, 12:56 PM
LETTIN GO OF SOMEONE IS NEVER EASY.TO LET GO OF GARTH BROOKS, A KING OF COUNTRY WILL BE EVEN HARDER. FOR GARTH TOUCHED US ALL. I REMEMBER IN O.K.C. ON JULY 4 CONCERT, WE TOOK MY 84 YEAR OLD GRANDMOTHER AND THERE WERE FOUR GENERATIONS AT THAT ONE CONCERT. EXCUSE ME BUT OUR FAMILY REUNIONS DO WELL TO DRAW THAT MANY PEOPLE. HE IS A MUTIPLE PERSONALITY SUPER STAR AND I MEAN THAT IN A GOOD SENSE. HE CAN SEE US ALL AND WE ALL CAN SEE HIM. AND THEN THERE ARE THE SONGS THAT WE CAN RELATE TO. I REMEMEBER THE FIRST TIME I SAW GARTH WAS AT A FARM AIDE DISASTER RELIEF CONCERT AT THE MYRIAD IN O.K.C. HE WAS WITH , VINCE GILL AND A FEW MORE FROM OKLAHOMA AND AT THAT TIME WE WERE JUST ALL FRIENDS IN LOW PLACES.YOU SEE, THIS MAN IS A JACK OF ALL TRADES.
<br>HE TOUCHES, HE INSPIRES, HE SINGS, HE GIVES BUT MORE THAN THAT HE HAS NEVER FORGOT WHO HE WAS AND WHERE HE CAME FROM. HE STILL REMEMBERS THE TIMES WHEN LIFE WASN'T FILLED WITH BILLIONS OF DOLLARS AND PERSONALY I THINK THAT IS WHAT MAKES HIM GARTH. HE CAN STILL TIP HIS HAT TO THE PEOPLE IN OKLAHOMA THAT DEALT WITH THE BOMBING, HE CAN STILL TIP HIS HAT TO GEORGE STRAIT, AND STILL TIP HIS HAT TO ME AND YOU. HE HAS, AND HE HAS ASKED US TO GIVE HIM TIME WITH HIS FAMILY, TO BE A FATHER, TO BE A DAD, TO BE A GARTH THAT HE IS JUST BEGINNING TO KNOW AND I BELEIVE WE ATLEAST OWE THAT TO HIM AFTER ALL HE HAS GIVEN TO US.N

Chris Gaines
11-02-2000, 01:06 PM
Why is this in the "Site" comments board?
<br>
<br>JasonN

LonsomeDove
11-02-2000, 04:31 PM
J,
<br>
<br>WHAT!!!!!!!!!!
<br>
<br>Sorry, I do not understand the Q. LOL :)N

Chris Gaines
11-02-2000, 04:47 PM
nevermind Lonesome.. they moved the posted without deleting my comment lol
<br>
<br>JasonN

fuzzwuzz
11-02-2000, 06:50 PM
Who says we have to let him go? Is this goodbye forever we are talking about? I guess I don't get it.N

LonsomeDove
11-03-2000, 04:11 AM
Me thinks that Garth will not be out and about for us to see and meet now unless people travel to Ok. and search for him or get lucky.
<br>You know the way things used to be, with all the touring and tv interviews and stuff. People always knew when a where to find him.
<br>
<br>Now he is in a place in his life where he needs to be just a person, like any one else.
<br>Not the Garth of old. MY hope is that not to many people will try and seek him out in Ok. for that should be his safe haven, to be with his famly. N

LonsomeDove
11-03-2000, 04:14 AM
So, yes.....we do need to LET GO, in some ways.N

writegerl
11-03-2000, 04:47 AM
Elvislover,
<br>We don't really have to let go. Maybe there won't be as much publicity and such, but remember that it is all about the music. So what if we don't turn on the news and see Garth. We'll always have his music; that's the miraculous nature of CDs and tapes. If we want to see his face along with the music we can pop in Live From Central Park. So, just remember, it's not good-bye, it's until we meet again.<P>(This message has been edited by writegerl)N

LonsomeDove
11-03-2000, 02:07 PM
It's not the same....not that there's anything wrong with that. Things just change, thats life.
<br>
<br>Yes we all still have the cd's and the MANY hours of stuff we taped with the vcr, these things we will have forever and always. However WE do not have him NOW. Thats OK, perhaps one day he will come back to us again.
<br>
<br>Being with his kids and Sandy is where he is AT now, this is a GOOD thing:) N