PDA

View Full Version : CAN WE FIND GARTHFOR ONE MORE SMILE?

ELVISLOVER
11-02-2000, 12:20 PM
I WROTE A LETTER YESTERDAY; DIDN.'T COME THRU. THERE IS A 15 YR. OLD IN GEARY OKLAHOMA WHO IS DYING FROM CANCER TUMORS; HE HAD THEM IN HIS BRAIN LAST YEAR BUT WENT THRY SURGURY, CHEMO AND RADIATION AND OVER CAME IT.ALTHOUGH TIMMY HAD TO TEACH HIMSELF ALL OVER AGAIN TO WALK AND EVEN HOLD HIS HEAD UP HE DID IT!!!! HE WAS RIDING 4-WHEELERS THIS SUMMER IN THE FIELDS.IN AUGUST HE LOST HIS ABILITY TO WALK OVER AGAIN, THEY FEARED MORE TUMOR BUT COULDN'T FIND THEM. ONE DAY THEY WERE NOT THERE AND THE NEXT THEY WERE.TOO FAST TO CHEMO AND GO THRU ALL THE PAIN AND SUFFERING, AND WRAPPED AROUND HIS SPINE. SURGURY IS NOT EVEN A OPTION. TIMMY HAS BEEN GIVEN AS LITTLE AS TWO WEEKS OR AS MUCH AS TWO MONTHS. OUQUARTERBACK JOSHE HEIPHEL HAS BECOME A PERSONAL FRIEND TO TIMMY AND HAS EVEN GIVIN HIM THE OU-TX GAME BALL AND THIS WEEK HE GOT THE OU, NEBRASKA GAME BALL.
<br>WE ARE ONLY TRYIN TO MAKE TIMMY HAPPY IN HIS LAST DAYS ON THIS EARTH AS WE KNOW HIM. WE KNOW GARTH IS HERE IN OKLAHOMA AND WE ALSO KNOW HOW HE RESPONDS TO KIDS IN NEED, EVEN THOSE OTHER THAN HIS OWN. MR. BROOKE'S IF YOU SHOULD FIND THIS LETTER BY SOME MIRACLE,,PLEASE HELP US TO MAKE TIMMY SMILE. HE HAS TOUCHED SO MANY PEOPLE AND SO MANY LIVES, WE ONLY WANT TO GIVE SOMETHING IN RETURN. A CALL, A NOTE, AN AUTOGRAPH; WE ARE NOT ASKING YOU TO MAKE A TRIP HALF WAY ACROSS THE STATE OR TAKE TIME AWAY FROM YOUR VERY OWN SPECAIL FAMILY TIES RIGHT NOW; WE ONLY WANT TO BE ABLE TO KNOW THAT WE HELPED MAKE TIMMY'S LAST DAYS, THE BEST THEY CAN BE AND KNOW THAT YOU MADE THAT HAPPEN. OTHER THAN THAT....GARTH WE ALL STILL LOVE YOU IN HINTON, OKLAHOMA.WE UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF HOME AND FAMILY. WE WISH YOU THE BEST IN LIFE FOR ONLY GOD KNOWS HOW MUCH YOU HAVE GIVEN TO OTHERS AND NOW IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO TAKE TIME FOR YOURSELF AND GIVE ALL YOU HAVE TO GIVE TO YOUR FAMILY.LET GOD MAKE THOSE FOOT PRINTS AND ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FOLLOW AND YOU TO SHALL SEE THAT HE NEVER LET'S US DOWN. A WORD FOR SANDY,''DEAR LADY,''
<br>YOU DESERVE AN AWARD FOR HANGIN IN THERE ALL THESE YEARS. WITHOUT YOU GARTH WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO BECOME THE GARTH THAT WE ALL KNOW HIM AS. YOU HAVE BEEN MOTHER, FATHER, FRIEND, LOVER AND OH SO MUCH MORE. THANK YOU FOR SHARING YOUR PARTNER, YOUR HUSBAND, YOUR FATHER OF YOUR CHILDREN AND ALL THAT GARTH DREAMS OF BEING. LOVING A MAN WHO GIVES SO MUCH OF THAT LOVR TO THE WHOLE WORLD, BUT LETTING THAT LOVE GO WOULD SEEM TO ME HARDER TO LET GO OF. MAY GOD DIRECT YOU TWO IN WHICH EVER WAY HE SEES FIT AND NO MATTER WHAT TOMMORROW BRINGS YOU LADY, HAVE KNOWN A GARTH, LOVED A GARTH, AND LIVED WITH A GARTH THAT NONE OF US WILL EVER BE LUCKY ENOUGH TO SEE. HE STILL NEEDS YOU SANDY.N

kjsyong
11-02-2000, 05:22 PM
someone please find garth!!!
<br>
<br>Elvislover, it is sad to say, Timmy will be missed most... hope things will be cheerful to him before the time ran out!! God bless him!! :(
<br>
<br>KelN

CheyenneWindRoper
11-02-2000, 05:38 PM
Kel,
<br>I agree somebody find Garth!!! Put a cell phone in his hands and let Timmy talk to him! Only takes a couple of minutes to make a call!
<br>
<br>Very sad that this young man has such a short time left. He sounds like a very special person. I guess the saying "the good die young" may really apply here. Here's hoping and praying that Garth, Kelly or someone from GBM will see this and Timmy will get that call!
<br>
<br>ElvisLover,
<br>You are special too to be looking to find a happy moment and memory for Timmy. God bless you!
<br>
<br>I will remember Timmy, his family and you in my prayers and will especially ask for a gentle passing for Timmy.
<br>
<br>Mary LizN

ELVISLOVER
11-03-2000, 12:40 AM
DEAR GOD PEOPLE,
<br> NEVER IN YEARS HAVE I CRIED LIKE THIS;AS I SIT
<br>HERE THIS MORNING AND READ YOUR RESPONSE AND PRAYERS
<br>FOR TIMMY, I RELIZE WE ARE NEVER ALONE. YOU ALL DO
<br>NOT KNOW ME, YOU DO NOT KNOW TIMMY AND YEET YOUR
<br>RESPONSE IS SO STRONG THAT HOW COULD WE LIVE IN
<br>THIS WORLD WITHOUT KNOWING THAT MIRACLES DO OCCUR
<br>AND IT IS WITH HELP FROM THOSE LIKE YOU THAT MAKE
<br>THAT POSSIBLE. LOVE AND THANX FROM ALL OF YOU!!!!
<br>WE NEED MORE PEOPLE LIKE YOU IN OUR LIVES.N

Lowland_Kid
11-03-2000, 01:11 AM
Elvislover, I hope you can make Timmy smile, whether it is through Garth or not. Just the fact that you are trying this could make him smile already, to know that you feel so much compassion...
<br>It would be so wonderful to hear that it worked out. Wonderful for Timmy and wonderful for all of us, because it would again show what a warm person Garth is.
<br>
<br>Brandon, Jason, anything you could do here to help?
<br>
<br>MarjolijnN

gbroadtrip
11-03-2000, 02:45 AM
I suggest that you contact GBM in Nashville... It's been a very long time since I've been in contact with them, but they were all very kind. I do know that they did take "special wish" requests. I have the address around here somewhere, but if anyone here has the phone number or fax to GBM I think that makes sense more then writing a letter that may take weeks to get a response.
<br>
<br>
<br>N

ELVISLOVER
11-03-2000, 05:41 AM
I DON'T KNOW WHO ALL YOU ARE BUT YOU ARE WONDERFUL; THE RESPONSE OF YOU ALL ON TIMMY'S CONDITION IS TOO THE VOICE OF GARTH HIMSELF SPEAKING THRU YOU. THIS WILL MAKE TIMMY AMONG MANY OTHERS SMILE, BUT LIKE I SAID EARLIER WE WILL NEVER GIVE UP TH E HOPE OF A MIRACLE FROM THE MAN HIMSELF.......GBROADTRIP...I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO GBM IS ....MAYBE GARTH BROOKE'S MANAGEMENT? AND IN NASHVILLE I WOULDN'T HAVE A CLUE ON HOW TO EVEN ATTEMPT TO FIND THEM.SO IF THERE IS A # OR A FAX, THEN YES, PLEASE PEOPLE SOMEONE PASS IT ON. IT IS LIKE I SAID BEFORE THERE ARE NUMEROUS WAYS TO CONTACT ME.BRANDON? GOT ANY ANSWERS, THOUGHTS OR RECOMINDATIONS?N

ELVISLOVER
11-03-2000, 08:58 AM
TO ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE RESPONDED ABOUT TIMMY IN GEARY OKLAHOMA; I SENT A MESSAGE TO BRANDON THIS MORNIING IN REGARDS TO SOME FORM OF CONTACT. HE SAYS HE DOES NOT HAVE ANY OR KNOW ANY THEREFORE, ANY OF YOU THAT KNOW ANYTHING OR JUST PASS IT ON, RESPOND AND I WILL SEND THE MESSAGES , OR EVEN BETTER I WILL PRINT AND TAKE TO TIMMY YOUR NOTES, PRAYERS AND THOUGHTS. BRANDON TOO, GAVE PERMISSION FOR TIMMY'S STORY TO BE POSTED ON ANY OF THE PG FORUMS. I DON'T KNOW WHAT MORE I CAN DO EXCEPT KEEP SENDING ON THE MESSAGE AND MAYBE SOMEONE OUT THERE CAN HELP ME TO DO SO, IN THE MEAN TIME.....IF YOU HAVE A MESSAGE OF HOPE, A HOPE OF FAITH, OR A FAITH IN A MIRACLE SEND IT TO ME AND I WILL GET IT TO TIMMY.
<br>JUST SEND IT TO ELVISLOVER73@AOL.COM
<br>N

CheyenneWindRoper
11-03-2000, 05:04 PM
ElvisLover
<br>
<br>You've got mail!:)
<br>
<br>Mary LizN